The Suns are meeting with NBA prospects thread. 2022

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Draft? How bout F the draft, unless we get a top 3 pick and even then I'm not convinced our mindtrust would do the right thing.
I really, REALLY can't do any more projects. I don't give a flying fruitbat whos going 25th in this draft screw that guy.
Take your 6th and 9th picks and shove em! Come strong or **** we have a window to work with here.

Get me Embid, Durant and Haliburton while keeping DA, Mikal and Book.
That's all I ask.
It's not Rocket surgery.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You bet your sweet ass they would.
I'm not an expert by any means but that seems mighty generous of them to offer the 6th pick in a draft that's 3or4 players deep at best.

Larry Bird sucks How bout that.
He’s been retired from the Pacers front office for years now. He’s a glorified consultant.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s been retired from the Pacers front office for years now. He’s a glorified consultant.

I understand that but Bird is a legend in Indiana. Legend might not even be strong enough of a description. He's Basketball Jesus in Indiana having grown up and retiring in French Lick, Indiana and also playing college ball there at Indiana State University.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I understand that but Bird is a legend in Indiana. Legend might not even be strong enough of a description. He's Basketball Jesus in Indiana having grown up and retiring in French Lick, Indiana and also playing college ball there at Indiana State University.
You don’t say?

<— note my location:biglaugh:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns are scouting players expected to go later in the draft it makes me think they have interest in acquiring and keeping the pick.

What the Suns don't seem to like is paying a higher rookie scale contract.

Also, if they wait until the 2nd round, the contracts are not guaranteed although players usually get some guaranteed money.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only a random thought, but maybe the Suns are thinking about packaging some players in a trade and are looking for some players on cheap contracts in the draft.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
Then in three years, Monty will finally be forced to play him for a month due to injuries and he will average 20 pts/10 rebs, but the Suns will let his option expire at the end of the year because they are paying luxury taxes on 40 year olds CP3 and Lebron's combined $120 million contracts.
I hope we don't go anywhere near a LeBron signing with the Suns.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope we don't go anywhere near a LeBron signing with the Suns.

I'd only consider it if Chris Paul wanted the trade to happen.

It would likely involve the Suns giving the Lakers additional assets which would make my stomach turn.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

It would likely involve the Suns giving the Lakers additional assets which would make my stomach turn.
I know ppl hate the idea of Lebron here but getting him while keeping Mikal would be the biggest no brainer in franchise history. I couldn’t care less about home court and would alternately load manage Lebron/Paul for the postseason.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know ppl hate the idea of Lebron here but getting him while keeping Mikal would be the biggest no brainer in franchise history. I couldn’t care less about home court and would alternately load manage Lebron/Paul for the postseason.

I'd have to see what the trade looked like but if both Paul and Lebron want it to happen, no one is going to say no.

Really wish I knew what happened in games 6 and 7 against the Mavericks.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Screw that. I don't care what Paul wants, he has one year left at best.

Did everybody just forget what happened with the Lakers last season with their team of geezers?

If we are going to make a deal for an old guy it should be Durant because he's not as old, and might have enough left to actually get us a title.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
All the Suns' draft busts made me realize that in any year, I know nothing about the available players and should stop pretending I do. The teams themselves know very little; various people admit often enough that it's a "crapshoot." If the Suns even had a pick, I would want to let the team do their work of studying and drafting, and would simply hope they don't pick an Earl Clark or a Kendall Marshall. Or a Tyler Ulis. Or, um, a Malcolm Mackey. Or...a player like Stephen Jackson in the late 90s, who fails to make it with them (they cut him before the season even started) but then becomes a valuable player for other teams. See what I mean?
Yeah Stephen Jackson was one of that didn't work out well for the Suns but he spend 14 years in the league with other teams like the Spurs, Warriors, Charllotte & others averaging 15.1 scoring, 4 rebounds, 3 assists and was a serviceable player for other teams. Player's development and motivation is vital. His time with the Suns was microscopic as the Suns were either impatient, uninterested, maybe they felt he didn't meet their needs.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
Draft? How bout F the draft, unless we get a top 3 pick and even then I'm not convinced our mindtrust would do the right thing.
I really, REALLY can't do any more projects. I don't give a flying fruitbat whos going 25th in this draft screw that guy.
Take your 6th and 9th picks and shove em! Come strong or **** we have a window to work with here.

Get me Embid, Durant and Haliburton while keeping DA, Mikal and Book.
That's all I ask.
It's not Rocket surgery.
I really like what you want to keep and your additions but that's only a dream. Embed, Durant and Haliburton, Ayton, Booker and Bridges. Wow sounds good however.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stephen Jackson was a headcase. He seemed more unleashed than Arrest during the Malice in the Palace. Its no surprise he was a journeyman.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Stephen Jackson was a headcase. He seemed more unleashed than Arrest during the Malice in the Palace. Its no surprise he was a journeyman.

He had a very good career and has a very good reputation with his ex coaches and teammates

So he must have done something right.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He had a very good career and has a very good reputation with his ex coaches and teammates

So he must have done something right.
Had a friend that worked for Dominoes took a pizza to Steven Jackson at the Biltmore when he first got in town.
He tipped him a ton of money and insisted he take a slice of pizza.
Second hand story but that's either weird or nice I cant decide.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
I think it would be smart to get guys like Herb Jones, Moses Moody on rookie contracts and try to get them up to speed as quickly as possible to contribute.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
imo, all things considered, though Ayton no longer has the value of the #1 pick when we picked him,
he still has the value and potential of an average top 3 pick in an average draft

i wouldn't consider trading him for anything less unless it's a particularly good draft

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
actually, can anyone who is familiar with college players and this draft tell me,
knowing what you do about Ayton,
if he was available in this upcoming draft at what number would you draft him?

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
actually, can anyone who is familiar with college players and this draft tell me,
Ayton would easily be the top pick in this draft... and no one else is even close. This year's draft class is not considered to be particularly good to begin with, and no one is a clear cut top pick either.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Without the benefit of hindsight knowing he’d be an underwhelming #1 pick, he’d go one or two depending on how teams grade Jabari Smith.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose