The Suns are meeting with NBA prospects thread. 2022

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
I think it would be smart to get guys like Herb Jones, Moses Moody on rookie contracts and try to get them up to speed as quickly as possible to contribute.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
imo, all things considered, though Ayton no longer has the value of the #1 pick when we picked him,
he still has the value and potential of an average top 3 pick in an average draft

i wouldn't consider trading him for anything less unless it's a particularly good draft

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
actually, can anyone who is familiar with college players and this draft tell me,
knowing what you do about Ayton,
if he was available in this upcoming draft at what number would you draft him?

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
actually, can anyone who is familiar with college players and this draft tell me,
Ayton would easily be the top pick in this draft... and no one else is even close. This year's draft class is not considered to be particularly good to begin with, and no one is a clear cut top pick either.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Without the benefit of hindsight knowing he’d be an underwhelming #1 pick, he’d go one or two depending on how teams grade Jabari Smith.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns were at Jaden Ivey's pro-day today. He's expected to go top 5.

You can see a Suns polo in one the pics. I zoomed in and circled it.

1. Orlando
2. OKC
3. Houston
4. Sac
5. Detroit

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

You must be registered for see images attach

Matt L

Reaction score
If Houston offered the 3rd pick and Christian Wood or Eric Gordon...I would consider it. I'm starting to talk myself into the idea that banchero or smith are all-nba talents and will adapt quickly to the pro game. I think it would have to be. A draft day trade because while I like to chet, I don't think he will contribute as quickly

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If Houston offered the 3rd pick and Christian Wood or Eric Gordon...I would consider it. I'm starting to talk myself into the idea that banchero or smith are all-nba talents and will adapt quickly to the pro game. I think it would have to be. A draft day trade because while I like to chet, I don't think he will contribute as quickly
That would be too good to be true and impossible to pass up. I just don’t think Houston will ever offer that.

Matt L

Reaction score
Can't miss prospect like Josh Jackson.

I was so wrong about him.

I do think Paolo has a lot more skills that translate to the NBA than Josh Jackson. He's got better handle, a better shot, he's a better passer and a lot better size.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The entire draft changed with the news that Shareef O'Neal is draft eligible and working out for teams.

Sure he could barely get on the court at UCLA and LSU but he's got some cool dunks.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Three guys I am high on in mid / late first & second round:
PG Ty Ty Washington - Local kid who is skilled and athletic
PF Michael Foster - Explosive athlete who score, rebound, defend and handle the ball.
PF / SF EJ Liddell - OSU's Mr. Everything.

I am not trading Ayton, Foster / Liddell would be replacing Crowder. Hoping we can buy a couple of picks. We can create some room by renouncing Holiday and using expiring contracts (Saric, Craig, Crowder).