Suns @ Mavericks Sunday Playoff game thread, R2, 5-8-2022 - Game 4

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We’re there some bad calls or not, as in completely obvious horrible calls that are head scratching wtf moments?
There bad calls in every game. Doncic had FIVE FOULS IN THE THIRD QUARTER in Game 3. I can be you every whining douche in Dallas probably thought there was a conspiracy to get him there too.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He’s 23

Oh it’s not just him who’s looking bad. This entire team and coaching staff looks lost
Here you go again....;)

I know you like the guy. But, sometimes....you got it or you don't... championship wise. I will never fully blame one guy for last year....but imo if that dude doesn't soften up last year against Giannis they probably already have a title. The Giannis takeover mess was fully on his hands.....ok, I guess maybe I am at this point. Lol.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it started before then. To me, this team hasn't been the same since Monty returned from Covid. Sure, we still won a bunch of games but we got dominated by smart, physical teams. CP3 would often rescue us in the 4th quarter with miraculuous stretches and it covered up a lot of our problems.

Until Monty realizes that working the referees is a big part of his job and until he remembers to use all his assets, we're going to disappoint. Today, for example, everyonehere is upset at Bridges for playing soft. Go back and watch the first half dirty picks Powell set on him time and again and not once did Monty stand up for his player. Mikal has to be a walking bruise right now, at least Monty was nice and comfortable on the sidelines watching us get manhandled.
I wouldn’t quibble with this. Monty’s I game coaching, adjustments and working the refs leave a ton to be desired.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No. It’ll be trash because we buckle, always believing Foster has some kind of voodoo hold over us. Our losses with him are self-fullfilling prophecies.

And again, you can take your “People who don’t see the refs must be secret Dallas fans” are shove it. That comment was trash.

Losers complain about the refs or say they were cheated. None of that matters, only who lifts the Larry O'Brien trophy. NBA refs are crap all around. Every team thinks they get jobbed.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here you go again....;)

I know you like the guy. But, sometimes....you got it or you don't... championship wise. I will never fully blame one guy for last year....but imo if that dude doesn't soften up last year against Giannis they probably already have a title. The Giannis takeover mess was fully on his hands.....ok, I guess maybe I am at this point. Lol.

And this is what you do.

Your hall of fame all NBA point guard has been a flat out embarrassment these last two games and yet all I hear from you is Ayton Ayton Ayton

Ayton was 16/11 in game 3 while Paul scores 4 points and had 7 turnovers

Ayton was 14/11 tonight while Paul had 5 points and fouled out at the start of the 4th

Sitting here looking at those two players you gonna tell me with a straight face Ayton is why we are losing.

Chris Paul sets up our entire offense and when he ain’t doing that you see what happens.

Ayton didn’t cost us the championship last year. Matter fact Ayton held Giannis to 36% from the field on plays he guarded him...want to know what Giannis was against everyone else? 79%

Want to go back and look at what Chris Paul plated like? He couldn’t even get the ball across half court in the finals

It’s low hanging fruit.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When reffing is clearly one sided, i have turn off the game. Its a joke. So is the NBA.
Refereeing always seems one sided when you're losing. The refs impact the outcome of games, we all know this - it doesn't mean they're cheating. They reward aggressive play. If you aren't the aggressor, you're the victim. Twice now against Dallas, we've been the victim.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
I wanna see Ayton and Mcgee on the floor together again

I'm starting to believe the best part of the coaching braintrust ended up in New Orleans. Monty is a good "team spirit" guy, but strategy is not his forte.
Coach Willie Green was a tremendous loss. Let's face it this was not a typical Suns game as they just didn't come to play and it happens. Monty deserved a lot of the blame as well as the players. The refs didn't do us any favors and Dallas was flopping and no one can tell me Doncic is not pushing off every times he has the ball to get spacing for his shot off. Plus the other Dallas players figured out Luka needs help and they was hot from the 3 point line and they brought it. But the Phoenix Suns will regroup and win this series bet. That's been this team DNA to come back strong!! Go Suns!!!

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Refereeing always seems one sided when you're losing. The refs impact the outcome of games, we all know this - it doesn't mean they're cheating. They reward aggressive play. If you aren't the aggressor, you're the victim. Twice now against Dallas, we've been the victim.
I shut the game off, it was not fair!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Refs are the least of our problems. The team has guys that regularly showed up in the season and have not done so in the payoffs. The hallmark of this team has been depth. So that when staters went to the beach we stayed on the accelerator. That is gone.

It’s like the team fell in love with CP3 coming to the rescue in the 4th.

Here is an idea. Put a complete game together like you were doing in the regular season so you don’t need Paul’s heroics in the 4th.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep… The reality is Book believes that and plays like it. But sadly, he’s traveling solo on that tour.

He was a disaster on defense tonight. I can’t even count how many times he left his man wide open

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
We have 17 turnovers. The Mavs had 11. And yet both teams essentially had the same amount of shot attempts (Mavs had one more).
Mavs ended up shooting 46% from 3.
Again, if we just cut our turnovers and CP3 shows up and plays just an average game, we should be able to win this thing… Am I confident? Heck no…

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
He was a disaster on defense tonight. I can’t even count how many times he left his man wide open
C’mon man… Book was the only player, again, who decided to show up in Dallas.
35 points on only 22 shots! 7 assists and 4 boards. And a tremendous block at the rim on Brunson.
He played his ass off.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There bad calls in every game. Doncic had FIVE FOULS IN THE THIRD QUARTER in Game 3. I can be you every whining douche in Dallas probably thought there was a conspiracy to get him there too.
Yeah because he fouls a lot, CP3 doesn’t. Also did they foul him out of a playoff game on a no call that would never EVER foul out a superstar? CP3 has never even had 4 fouls in a half in 17+ year career but today he just lost his mind right? Booker getting a T in a foul shot attempt? Yeah this stuff is normal… come on man that game was atrociously officiated! Is it why we lost, not by itself but it sure as hell affects the way we can play defensively! When the refs are wringing you up left and right with fouls early the tone has been set don’t touch them or we will blow the whistle, and yet on our end how many times Booker go hard in the lane with no call? A lot is the correct answer! 20 3 pointers is not gonna happen that often either, they shot well credit them. But we were right there and without the BS that fouled out Paul one would have to think we could have been right there at the end even not playing our best!

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
Here you go again....;)

Giannis like Doncic get referred treatment by the refs. Ayton couldn't stop last

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
C’mon man… Book was the only player, again, who decided to show up in Dallas.
35 points on only 22 shots! 7 assists and 4 boards. And a tremendous block at the rim on Brunson.
He played his ass off.

Horrible on defense

If we’re gonna call out Luka for being great on offense and bad on defense then you gotta call Book our

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Horrible on defense

If we’re gonna call out Luka for being great on offense and bad on defense then you gotta call Book our
Luka dreams of being the defensive player Book is… please…
If you want Book to lock-down players, then you can’t have him as our best scoring option.
The Mavs were draining 3’s from everywhere. Book wasn’t to blame for most of them. Some? Sure… he was late. But I believe the Mavs showed tonight, they’re gonna make 3’s with or without a hand in their face.
You need to resolve what you want of Book….

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Giannis like Doncic get referred treatment by the refs. Ayton couldn't stop last
Please. Say what we want about Doncic. That dude plays with passion. He gets calls because he plays with effort....plain and simple. Is he a whiny ass hole? Sure. But who cares...we'd all love for any Ayton version of Doncic. Trust me.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the explanation for Paul's 5th and 6th fouls.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media