Suns @ Mavericks Sunday Playoff game thread, R2, 5-8-2022 - Game 4

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty admits to keeping Chris Paul on the court with foul trouble was a mistake but everyone needs to take ownership.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jae Crowder on the game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty says the Suns didn't trust the pass enough.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This speaks for itself. I'd like to hear more about it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul asking if he can leaver the presser.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This speaks for itself. I'd like to hear more about it.

Focused on the fans. Just like we get focused on the refs at times. Good times.

Not advocating fans behavior. Just still. Why? Idiot fanatics are everywhere..

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn… so our main players are crying about the refs like the fans? Makes me feel real uneasy about where we are.

Refs didn’t give up WIDE OPEN 3 AFTER 3 AFTER 3 and look pathetic on the boards in the first half where the game was lost.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Damn… so our main players are crying about the refs like the fans? Makes me feel real uneasy about where we are.

Refs didn’t give up WIDE OPEN 3 AFTER 3 AFTER 3 and look pathetic on the boards in the first half where the game was lost.
Come on people are people when you know your getting ****** over by the refs it’s gonna affect you! And if fans were really messing with his family you really can understand his head not in the game as much. Something clearly off with Paul as you haven’t seen a two game stretch of Paul like this since??

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
People complaining about Book leaving his man, maybe he was told to play the gap?

We need change what we are doing on defense though. We keep switching and making it way too easy for the Mavs to get the guy they want on Luka. No resistance and they managed to get Biz on Luka several times. Same with Payne happened.

Hello Monty and staff…

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Come on people are people when you know your getting ****** over by the refs it’s gonna affect you! And if fans were really messing with his family you really can understand his head not in the game as much. Something clearly off with Paul as you haven’t seen a two game stretch of Paul like this since??
I understand. With that said...this mindset is also what doesn't make you a professional basketball player paid millions a year. If you are rattled from dumb fans and refs that suck, then maybe you need to reflect a little. You control what you can. The guys who tune out the noise are the successful ones throughout their careers. Like Draymond.... He accepts it. He owns it. This team right now is letting IT own them... Not good.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m so glad that these games don’t just ruin my day anymore. I still think complaining about the refs is stupid, but whatever. Y’all do you do.

I don’t know where or how my chill post games happened, but it makes watching sports so much easier.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I understand. With that said...this mindset is also what doesn't make you a professional basketball player paid millions a year. If you are rattled from dumb fans and refs that suck, then maybe you need to reflect a little. You control what you can. The guys who tune out the noise are the successful ones throughout their careers. Like Draymond.... He accepts it. He owns it. This team right now is letting IT own them... Not good.

If someone put their hands on a Suns player's family member then who are you to say they're in the wrong for being distracted by that? This is beyond words. I'd imagine your day would be shot if someone put hands on your family while you're trying to do your job. If you just let it slide then that says more about you then those who wouldn't.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah because he fouls a lot, CP3 doesn’t. Also did they foul him out of a playoff game on a no call that would never EVER foul out a superstar? CP3 has never even had 4 fouls in a half in 17+ year career but today he just lost his mind right? Booker getting a T in a foul shot attempt? Yeah this stuff is normal… come on man that game was atrociously officiated! Is it why we lost, not by itself but it sure as hell affects the way we can play defensively! When the refs are wringing you up left and right with fouls early the tone has been set don’t touch them or we will blow the whistle, and yet on our end how many times Booker go hard in the lane with no call? A lot is the correct answer! 20 3 pointers is not gonna happen that often either, they shot well credit them. But we were right there and without the BS that fouled out Paul one would have to think we could have been right there at the end even not playing our best!

I would submit that the reason CP3 never had 4 fouls in the first half of a game in his career is he never had a coach who didn't take him out when he got 3 fouls in the first half?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This worries me. I kept saying. If Suns are crying about Refs and waiting for calls to save them? Dallas is going to win this series. Just assume you are not going to get any calls and do your damn job.

That starts with Monty. Screw loyalty. This is a what have you done for me lately league. Make adjustments and make changes. Stop worrying about players feelings. If people are not getting it done make a damn change. Nobody is going to care about hurt feelings if the Suns go home.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would submit that the reason CP3 never had 4 fouls in the first half of a game in his career is he never had a coach who didn't take him out when he got 3 fouls in the first half?

He was coached for how long by Doc Rivers? He also had Vinnie Del Negro as his coach. I'd be willing to bet one of them allowed him to play with 3 fouls.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If someone put their hands on a Suns player's family member then who are you to say they're in the wrong for being distracted by that? This is beyond words. I'd imagine your day would be shot if someone put hands on your family while you're trying to do your job. If you just let it slide then that says more about you then those who wouldn't.
Well. I think we could all be a little level headed here and understand context. Of course, myself or anyone would be pissed. But could I reflect after the fact and understand what has happened forever with stupid fans? Yes.. CP knows this. He's been around forever and he knows and sees this stupidity on the daily I'm sure. Maybe not, but I think that's far fetched. My point.. don't let it be something that becomes a distraction and get in your head.....like the refs...

That said...I don't know what exactly it was. So we are all different and if it does distract him for the worse going forward, then so be it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally, I’m not criticizing Paul for talking about that. His complaining about the officiating is another matter entirely.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was coached for how long by Doc Rivers? He also had Vinnie Del Negro as his coach. I'd be willing to bet one of them allowed him to play with 3 fouls.

not very often. It's always been a thing it's very rare for a coach to let a key guy back in the game with 3 fouls in the first half.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave