Suns @ Mavericks Sunday Playoff game thread, R2, 5-8-2022 - Game 4

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
CP and team crowing and showboating in game 2 kinda reminds me of the Lakers crowing and showboating game 3 last year

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's a completely different team. After they secured the 1 seed and started coasting...they've never been the same. Can't shoot. Can't defend. Can't rebound. And they turned Charmin soft. Just a complete disaster. Hopefully they don't beat the Mavs, because either GS/Grizz is going to completely destroy this team.
Yep. I'll probably watch more regular season next year if we make a decent trade for Ayton. I'm done. We need to move on for any championship aspirations. Especially with CP done soon. Hoping for some amazing transactions from our boy James Jones. Always loved him as a player..time to make the final push.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
We’re there some bad calls or not, as in completely obvious horrible calls that are head scratching wtf moments?
Welcome to the NBA dude… those calls go both ways. So unless you watch games blindfolded, you would know we got owned in every way a NBA can get owned in BOTH games in Dallas!

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep. I'll probably watch more regular season next year if we make a decent trade for Ayton. I'm done. We need to move on for any championship aspirations. Especially with CP done soon. Hoping for some amazing transactions from our boy James Jones. Always loved him as a player..time to make the final push.

Trade Ayton for Lillard and bring back McGee and Biyombo. This is CP3s last ride and he can barely stay on his horse.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can we be honest? This team for the most part hasn’t been the team we watched since we got the franchise record.

The Suns have won 6 playoffs games and lost 4. Can anybody honestly say this team has looked the same since then?

We are playing .600 basketball and we have guys that have YET to show up regularly 10 games into the playoffs. Think about that. Guys who have not shown up regularly 10 games in. If you can’t show up by now? Monty is an idiot for not making changes/adjustments.
I think it started before then. To me, this team hasn't been the same since Monty returned from Covid. Sure, we still won a bunch of games but we got dominated by smart, physical teams. CP3 would often rescue us in the 4th quarter with miraculuous stretches and it covered up a lot of our problems.

Until Monty realizes that working the referees is a big part of his job and until he remembers to use all his assets, we're going to disappoint. Today, for example, everyonehere is upset at Bridges for playing soft. Go back and watch the first half dirty picks Powell set on him time and again and not once did Monty stand up for his player. Mikal has to be a walking bruise right now, at least Monty was nice and comfortable on the sidelines watching us get manhandled.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
CP and team crowing and showboating in game 2 kinda reminds me of the Lakers crowing and showboating game 3 last year
It's why I didn't like the whole "this team can't keep up with our team" nonsense. We weren't playing like we could talk like that one bit IMO...but here we are. This team has had pure luck with CP saving the day....you can't rely on that. Just like last year. We have to have total team effort...and the Mavs are the ones doing so ATM.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the playoffs, all the bandwagon fans come out.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At least the ref complaining cooled off....phew. Lol.
Lol
I think it started before then. To me, this team hasn't been the same since Monty returned from Covid. Sure, we still won a bunch of games but we got dominated by smart, physical teams. CP3 would often rescue us in the 4th quarter with miraculuous stretches and it covered up a lot of our problems.

Until Monty realizes that working the referees is a big part of his job and until he remembers to use all his assets, we're going to disappoint. Today, for example, everyonehere is upset at Bridges for playing soft. Go back and watch the first half dirty picks Powell set on him time and again and not once did Monty stand up for his player. Mikal has to be a walking bruise right now, at least Monty was nice and comfortable on the sidelines watching us get manhandled.

This is what I’m alluding too as well. The refs set the tone of the game by allowing this stuff to happen. Compounding problems by assessing fouls to suns in the same timeframe of the game.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It doesn't until Ayton signs a max deal and the waiting period expires. I'm just frustrated.
If we match. I might be done. Lol. I can't do it anymore. First, it will kill flexibility of moves he'll need to be successful. Second, The guy is like 25 and just skates around out there....that ain't my kinda playa.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Luka, Brunson, Bullock, Finney-Smith and Bertands got into their heads first!
For two games the Mavericks stepped up their physicality and just like it happened during the season against Boston, Memphis, New Orleans, Toronto, Miami and Golden State we wilted under it and got our butts kicked. We're capable of matching that physical play but all too often we don't.

Also, for today at least, we got burned several times by the same kind of fool-the-referee type of tricks that CP3 has made a living on. It sucks to be on the other end but even when we've benefitted from it I've always hated seeing one of our guys do it.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It doesn't until Ayton signs a max deal and the waiting period expires. I'm just frustrated.

Even then it still doesn’t work.

Dame is a super max guy getting 40 million a year. Ayton would only be getting 30 million a year

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Doncic used the dribble, then bobbled the ball, took 2 steps then passed it to himself then passed for a 3 pointer, I stopped watching then and bet the ranch suns would not win. I turned it back on just as Paul was fouling out. Why can't we have a fairly officiated game?

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we match. I might be done. Lol. I can't do it anymore. First, it will kill flexibility of moves he'll need to be successful. Second, The guy is like 25 and just skates around out there....that ain't my kinda playa.

He’s 23

Oh it’s not just him who’s looking bad. This entire team and coaching staff looks lost

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even then it still doesn’t work.

Dame is a super max guy getting 40 million a year. Ayton would only be getting 30 million a year

Sure not straight up. We have $10 million in salaries we can add.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is trash too then?
No. It’ll be trash because we buckle, always believing Foster has some kind of voodoo hold over us. Our losses with him are self-fullfilling prophecies.

And again, you can take your “People who don’t see the refs must be secret Dallas fans” are shove it. That comment was trash.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wellp had a fun mday with parents but bad end with awful gm

Monty will get there heads straight turn this series round

Just gonna be a hard 6 7 gm series

But 1000 percent can not lose in phoenix otherwise gn suns :(

420 puff waitin for a w...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members