Pelicans @ Suns Tuesday Playoff game thread 4-19-2022 - Game 2

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker aside. Where the hell was the rest of the team? I mean Paul couldn’t shoot. Crowder has been terrible from 3. Transition defense was non-existent. Ayton needs to man up.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ya, but they always lose when that dude is the ref. Maybe pay closer attention.
Lol. Worst. Post. Of. The. Playoffs.

Use your actual eyes instead of living in the past. Did foster make Paul shoot 6-17?

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I still think they'll be fine. They just didn't take this team seriously. On top of that, Pelicans aren't gonna shoot 54.8% from the three point line, and the Suns are not going to shoot as badly as they shot in the first two games. It will be fine, but they just needed to lose this one. They just need to get back to their basketball and they'll be fine against the Pelicans and Dallas/ Utah. Theoretically, Book should be back by then.
Game 3 is gonna be a dogfight. The worst thing you can do is give an inferior team hope. I doubt Book plays game 3. Ayton is going to have to show up. He’s getting worked by JV.

You want a max pal, play like it….this is embarrassing. Cam Johnson has to find his shot. Same with Crowder. I thought Bridges played well but McCollum and BI just couldn’t miss in the 4th. Suns be careful, you play with fire, you’re gonna get burned.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You guys are all suckers. I saw Scott Foster out there and stopped watching in the first quarter. I assume he was the reason the Suns lost.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker aside. Where the hell was the rest of the team? I mean Paul couldn’t shoot. Crowder has been terrible from 3. Transition defense was non-existent. Ayton needs to man up.
Booker was the only one who showed up totally dialed in tonight.

Now everyone else is going to have to rise to that level to win without him.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Barkley who has experience with hamstrings just said it. Fatigue is a factor with hamstrings. Especially, when you come back. He said it can feel good then as soon as you get fatigued it pulls again.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lol. Worst. Post. Of. The. Playoffs.

Use your actual eyes instead of living in the past. Did foster make Paul shoot 6-17?
I don't know, as I mentioned in another post I turned the game off in the first quarter. It was obvious they were going to lose. They aren't that good and I can't stand the disappointment.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah that wasn’t happening a lot tonight. I just saw him getting outmuscled, out-positioned, and outhustled.

I saw it although I'm not excusing Ayton. The Suns have him coming outside to defend on plays leaving a vacuum inside.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
It probably doesn't help that Willie Green knows so well that Mellow Monty won't make an in-game adjustment no matter what happens. Crowder will still play his same 32 minutes no matter how many bricks he tosses, Payne will still be running the offense for much of the 2nd and 3rd quarters no matter how many passes he throws into the seats, Ayton will still be guarding someone out at the top of the key no matter how many dozens of offensive rebounds the other team is getting.

If the Suns end up bombing this, it's going to be for the sole reason we are getting outcoached.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the good news. Last time Booker pulled a hamstring the team went 5-2. He was out for 7 games. Like @cheesebeef said…..the rest of the guys need to step up.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I was going to pick a pivotal moment in the game, it was when the ball went off the leg of Valanciunas out of bounds and the Pelicans maintained possession and scored.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
We felt off all night energy wise. Outrebounded again and they shot 57% from three.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah that wasn’t happening a lot tonight. I just saw him getting outmuscled, out-positioned, and outhustled.

It’s our defense we’ve been over this. We don’t drop we switch and we switch because Ayton is good on the perimeter.

It’s hard to rebound when your contesting shots on the perimeter. This is where team rebounding becomes important and nobody on this team outside of Ayton is even a good rebounder

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
there was only 2 things that could derail us in these playoffs and we've got both 3 days in:

1. injury
2. a systematic flaw exploited/us being out-strategized

sure, it's a problem that their coach was our lead assistant for the prior 2 years, but Monty was out-coached. he is a great coach overall, but not one of the better strategists in regards to making adjustments

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s our defense we’ve been over this. We don’t drop we switch and we switch because Ayton is good on the perimeter.

It’s hard to rebound when your contesting shots on the perimeter. This is where team rebounding becomes important and nobody on this team outside of Ayton is even a good rebounder
That's all good. But his energy was trash tonight. IMO. He was also consistently out hustled on more than a few occasions under the board's.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Whatever happens the rest of the playoffs, we need to move on from Crowder this off season. He is just way too inconsistent on offense, can't rebound in any way, shape, or form commensurate to the position he plays, and the alleged toughness he supposedly brings on defense seems to be mostly a mythology.

If we are going to need to free money to resign Ayton and CJ, this the first and most obvious place to start.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard