Suns @ Warriors Wednesday game thread 3-30-2022

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Warriors also won’t miss all those point blank layups.

We are no doubt a better team, but warriors match up well with us because Ayton doesn’t dominate them.
They’ve been missing point blank layups all season. I wouldn’t be shocked if they led the league in the category.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anticipating the foul which I thought he was going to get but the Suns played it smart. Loved that win.
Same. Was kinda bummed throughout the game it was close, but we really didn’t play well, didn’t run a lot of our stuff and did what we’ve done all year at the end of games… close ish down!

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Booker was terrible, probably his worst performance of the year. mentally and physically. Ayton was also terrible, despite his good rebounding numbers. He just had no effort on the defensive end or going for boards in the first half, he settled for long jump shots with no confidence in his ability to hit them. I hate seeing his mental lapses! he should of took this team to the wood shed. Payne was piss poor as well. thank you Mikal for bringing some sanity to this game. Bismack is showing his rust from sitting too much and not getting any run, and we need to quit trying to feed him unless its for a dunk next to the basket. early in the year his free throws were solid, now he looks like he's never shoot it from there before. Poole was definitely thinking he didn't want to be fouled and only get another 2 when they needed 3. Booker played that very smart. Glad to escape with the win. 9 in a row 1 more on Friday for another double digit win streak for the season. but that will be extremely tough, but this is one of those payback games we owe the grizz so I expect we show up to play much better than tonight! if we can win that I think that gives us a huge mental advantage over every team in the west.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched the Warriors local telecast not ESPN. The whole 2nd half they were talking about how good the Suns were in close games and "if this game is close late the Warriors can't make any mistakes the Suns won't." And that was the game. the 3 by Poole is getting play but IMO the biggest play of the game was CP3 guessing that Draymond was going to fake handoff and drive so he turned to go and Paul was right there. that caused that weird turnover by Draymond.

The other thing, the floor mic they had was picking up lots of commentary during FT's especially the ones Poole was shooting, CP3 and Crowder were both talking lots to him, big shots bro, don't get tight etc. And it finally worked Poole missed the 2nd FT at a critical time.

They must have turned the Mic down they caught Draymond and Crowder swearing up a storm while talking at one point and after that it was harder to hear, although it also got much louder with the crowd late.

Poole was terrific I guess he thought they were going to foul him so he took the shot, tough mistake and smart by the Suns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched the Warriors local telecast not ESPN. The whole 2nd half they were talking about how good the Suns were in close games and "if this game is close late the Warriors can't make any mistakes the Suns won't." And that was the game. the 3 by Poole is getting play but IMO the biggest play of the game was CP3 guessing that Draymond was going to fake handoff and drive so he turned to go and Paul was right there. that caused that weird turnover by Draymond.

The other thing, the floor mic they had was picking up lots of commentary during FT's especially the ones Poole was shooting, CP3 and Crowder were both talking lots to him, big shots bro, don't get tight etc. And it finally worked Poole missed the 2nd FT at a critical time.

They must have turned the Mic down they caught Draymond and Crowder swearing up a storm while talking at one point and after that it was harder to hear, although it also got much louder with the crowd late.

Poole was terrific I guess he thought they were going to foul him so he took the shot, tough mistake and smart by the Suns.

I give the Warriors a lot of credit on defense because this was one of the most ugly games I have seen the Suns play.

The only Suns players that shined was Mikal Bridges and Chris Paul. In the final minutes of a game is where Paul takes over offensively and defensively. The same happened last night. It was especially important since Devin Booker didn't play like Devin Booker.

I can't say enough good things about Jordan Poole who had 38 points. He is a young star on the rise.

It's scary to think that play during the last 5 seconds of the game could have worked. Although Booker didn't foul, I wonder if the referees would have called it anyway if there was some contact. I haven't seen the referees make that call near half court in the closing seconds of a quarter or game. However, since there was time left on the clock they might have viewed it as a legitimate shot attempt.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Great post

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I give the Warriors a lot of credit on defense because this was one of the most ugly games I have seen the Suns play.

The only Suns players that shined was Mikal Bridges and Chris Paul. In the final minutes of a game is where Paul takes over offensively and defensively. The same happened last night. It was especially important since Devin Booker didn't play like Devin Booker.

I can't say enough good things about Jordan Poole who had 38 points. He is a young star on the rise.

It's scary to think that play during the last 5 seconds of the game could have worked. Although Booker didn't foul, I wonder if the referees would have called it anyway if there was some contact. I haven't seen the referees make that call near half court in the closing seconds of a quarter or game. However, since there was time left on the clock they might have viewed it as a legitimate shot attempt.

Poole is a problem. Klay is their third best guard right now.

Steph is Steph but nobody outside their backcourt scares me. Wiggins since the ASG has been a train wreck; 225 points on 217 shots and 28% from 3. He’s the guy we want with the ball in the playoffs.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Poole is a problem. Klay is their third best guard right now.

Steph is Steph but nobody outside their backcourt scares me. Wiggins since the ASG has been a train wreck; 225 points on 217 shots and 28% from 3. He’s the guy we want with the ball in the playoffs.

I was really hoping someone would eliminate the Warriors before we play them in the playoffs.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns shot 41.3% from the field, 25% from 3 and still won. This team is just incredible. I would find that very disheartening if I was the other team.

Ayton at some point has to start seeking contact on dunks instead of going up with finesse. He has position several times to just rise up and slam it and went with little hooks and soft touches that weren't always successful.

Booker was ooof...awful. But I love that he kept trying to work through it and ended up with 12 FT attempts. His assists since Paul has come back have plummeted and the best Booker is the Booker that passes. It opens up his shot more.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns shot 41.3% from the field, 25% from 3 and still won. This team is just incredible. I would find that very disheartening if I was the other team.

Ayton at some point has to start seeking contact on dunks instead of going up with finesse. He has position several times to just rise up and slam it and went with little hooks and soft touches that weren't always successful.

Booker was ooof...awful. But I love that he kept trying to work through it and ended up with 12 FT attempts. His assists since Paul has come back have plummeted and the best Booker is the Booker that passes. It opens up his shot more.
If they had curry I think it would mean a lot more as it is, it concerns me we did not win more easily.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Warriors and Clips are horrible matchups for the Suns. They both have the length and bodies to check Book. Poole got our number.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Draymond was talking so much @#$@#$#@ after the game it's not even funny. Saying how the Suns basically woke them up and kinds of other junk about Crowder. Factor that in with the Wiggins comment before the game basically saying the Suns were not the best team.

This team is living in the Suns dome so to speak. Exactly, what I was alluding to before the game. That played out.

I freaking HATE Draymond.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson