Kyler is the better qb imo
:biglaugh:

This is not based in any kind of reality

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
P

perspective, eyeball test, actual stats
His stats are similiar to Murray just the 2020 season was better cause Watson put ton of garbage stats with Houston being often 4 scores under before the end of second quarter
Rookie season Murray was better
Third season Murray was better
Second season slightly better Watson

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After 230 million fully guaranteed I don't even know how to structure this

Yes he's not Watson yet but he's not far off.

If I am in charge I try to do less guaranteed but a bigger figure. Give yourself an out after 2 years if it goes sideways

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
and still if you pay that much to 1 position you can't have many other great players, and no the cap isn't imaginatory you can't take money that you have elsewhere it has to be in the future or come from the past.

Guys Kyler wasn't worth 45 what he wanted 3 weeks ago and isn't worth 47 Mio now. No QB is worth more than 20% of a teams budget.

When guys will finally look at the statistics no QB that gained more than 12% of the Team Cap won a SB. Like from what I know ever, but at least the last 2 decades.

Yes the game changed, but Brady didn't win because other QB weren't as good, he won because he had better supporting cast because there was money to go around.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
The thing is the only chance we have at being decent over the next 2-3 years thanks to this garbage roster is if Kyler goes nuclear. And he’s the guy some people don’t want to pay.
Don't want to pay 50M for what I saw the last third of the season (again) with our QB going in the fetal position and quitting on his team. Prove me wrong Kyler.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't want to pay 50M for what I saw the last third of the season (again) with our QB going in the fetal position and quitting on his team. Prove me wrong Kyler.
yea that’s where I’m at. Based on his 2nd half of the the season the last two years? He chokes. He doesn’t elevate players around him. He panics under pressure all to often. He can’t seem to master the art of sliding around in the pocket and finding the open guy. Always goes for the tough throw. Spins and runs almost every time when many time she could just step up calmly and make a throw. Nothing that hasn’t been talked about at nauseous around here. Sure he’s electric at times. Sure he can make some spectacular plays. But he’s like a big tease. If we want A super bowl ever I JUST DONT BELIEVE HES THE GUY. Sadly….

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and still if you pay that much to 1 position you can't have many other great players, and no the cap isn't imaginatory you can't take money that you have elsewhere it has to be in the future or come from the past.

Guys Kyler wasn't worth 45 what he wanted 3 weeks ago and isn't worth 47 Mio now. No QB is worth more than 20% of a teams budget.

When guys will finally look at the statistics no QB that gained more than 12% of the Team Cap won a SB. Like from what I know ever, but at least the last 2 decades.

Yes the game changed, but Brady didn't win because other QB weren't as good, he won because he had better supporting cast because there was money to go around.

False. The current contracts are just the standard 20 - 25% of cap that QBs historically have been.

This was all explained in detail at the start of this thread

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea that’s where I’m at. Based on his 2nd half of the the season the last two years? He chokes. He doesn’t elevate players around him. He panics under pressure all to often. He can’t seem to master the art of sliding around in the pocket and finding the open guy. Always goes for the tough throw. Spins and runs almost every time when many time she could just step up calmly and make a throw. Nothing that hasn’t been talked about at nauseous around here. Sure he’s electric at times. Sure he can make some spectacular plays. But he’s like a big tease. If we want A super bowl ever I JUST DONT BELIEVE HES THE GUY. Sadly….

Your window to exit has passed. Blame GM

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your window to exit has passed. Blame GM
Your most likely right and I’m pretty sure the owner and Keim think he’s THE GUY. But all takes is one willing excited trade partner who thinks that too.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Slightly disagree. Brady won because he was as good or better than any other QB, AND because he took less money allowing his team to build around him.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah. Like it or not 'we' are riding with K1 and K2 for the foreseeable future. The good is some kind of stability for awhile. The bad is that it requires K1 to mature into a leader and consistent performer and K2 to improve as a head coach and play caller.
I want the 2019 KK play caller back. He was much more creative in 2019 after the OL complained to Kugler about 10 personnel. Part of it is that & the other part is this on the play calling. We didn't have a true #1 WR so he had to get creative. I want him getting creative with 2 TE sets (12 personnel) which would make the offense so much more lethal having Hopkins back. Not just relying on Hopkins to make acrobatic grabs down the sideline.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If not a plan to improve on last season. We are at best treading water, at this point, and will have to do massive work to even get back to where we were last season, let alone improve.
Never you worry Stout, Steve Keim is in charge lol. If our roster improves in 2022 from 2021 minus the injuries not only will I be impressed, I'll say he should win GM of the year lol. Not gonna hold my breath though lol. Expect the worst & hope for the best with Keim I guess?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Because the Jaguars are stupid and why they will continue to be perennial losers just like us if we pay Kyler like that… Kyler isn’t DeShawn Watson he panics to easy compared to Deshaun who is cool under pressure in sees the field better than Kyler…. No doubt it’s a risk… Just how I feel I don’t think Kyler Takes us to a Super Bowl even with decent talent around him he’s got too many shortcomings no pun intended…
I agree but I hope we're both wrong about the SB lol?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose