Free agency thread 2022

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
So a friend who's a huge Packer fan says Packer fan sites are saying the Packers are trying to trade RB Aaron Jones and the Cards are thought to have some interest. We were mentioned as a possible spot for Saquon Barkley, he's in his last year over 7 million and injury prone but interesting. Jones is signed through 2024, his caphit this year is apparently 5.8 but then jumps to 20 and 16 the last 2 years, with AJ Dillon the Pack is apparently thinking they might want to move him and get out from under the contract. There's apparently an out in the deal after 2022 that would allow them to drop him but nearly 10 million in dead money.

Someone more into contracts than me would have to explain it, Jones IMO is a better player because of Barkley's injury history, but Jones has a big contract jump after this year and I don't really understand the implications.
Sounds like wishful thinking on Packers fans part.

I'd be shocked if the Cardinals wanted Jones.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So a friend who's a huge Packer fan says Packer fan sites are saying the Packers are trying to trade RB Aaron Jones and the Cards are thought to have some interest. We were mentioned as a possible spot for Saquon Barkley, he's in his last year over 7 million and injury prone but interesting. Jones is signed through 2024, his caphit this year is apparently 5.8 but then jumps to 20 and 16 the last 2 years, with AJ Dillon the Pack is apparently thinking they might want to move him and get out from under the contract. There's apparently an out in the deal after 2022 that would allow them to drop him but nearly 10 million in dead money.

Someone more into contracts than me would have to explain it, Jones IMO is a better player because of Barkley's injury history, but Jones has a big contract jump after this year and I don't really understand the implications.
Not happening especially after Conner with his cap # no way no how

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everybody is on the path to twilight and stardust.

His numbers were solid as a #2 last season and the only question is health and readiness to compete.

"Seemingly' doesn't concern me, 'actually' would.
Somewhere over the rainbow…..

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had a 10-2 start last year and AJ Green looked great when Hopkins was on the field. I think Hopkins/Moore/Green is an adequate starting lineup at WR and our main issue on offense lies with the OL. Unless we can get a true steal I think we should sign AJ Green cheap and spend our cap space elsewhere.
So to hell with getting better, as long as we stay adequate. Okay.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
never thought I’d sympathize for Baker but Cleveland has done him dirty. If Kyler had Baker’s toughness, I’d put us down for a SB next year.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
There’s a wide spectrum in what we are talking about. Don’t play hurt to the detriment of your team, but also try to get your a** on the field to battle along side your teammates. Kyler hasn’t “gutted it out” for his teammates ever. This isn’t baseball.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There’s a wide spectrum in what we are talking about. Don’t play hurt to the detriment of your team, but also try to get your a** on the field to battle along side your teammates. Kyler hasn’t “gutted it out” for his teammates ever. This isn’t baseball.

He played the last part of year two with a shoulder injury that affected his throwing, and you can't simply 'gut out' an ankle injury, particularly when mobility is your strong suit.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

More internet Yahoo rumors

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The problem is Jack has been garbage since 2018 and he's terrible in coverage. Which is why the Jags dumped I'm.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You bitched before last year as well. I've probably seen your chicken little routine pretty much every off-season.
Hmm, childish insults. At least make them accurate, bub. Last year I was unhappy with who we signed, not that we weren't signing anyone. And, to one extent or another, I was vindicated, thanks much.

Stout

Reaction score
You mean like being in good company with the Super Bowl winner from last year as well as several other playoff teams? I'll take it.
Great! That means we were in awesome shape as a roster already, and haven't been hurt by expiring contracts! Oh wait...

Clearly we don't need to move fast in FA, but there are some positions of desperate need that our GM is crap at drafting that we clearly do...or did...need to move quickly on. Oh well.

Stout

Reaction score
never thought I’d sympathize for Baker but Cleveland has done him dirty. If Kyler had Baker’s toughness, I’d put us down for a SB next year.
Um, no, Baker hasn't been the QB the Browns need so they aren't paying him a bundle of money. Nothing dirty in that. Just the cold economy of the NFL.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hmm, childish insults. At least make them accurate, bub. Last year I was unhappy with who we signed, not that we weren't signing anyone. And, to one extent or another, I was vindicated, thanks much.

It wasn't vindicated dude. Come on. We were 10-2 at one point and made the playoffs and the down turn was absolutely nothing to do with any of our FA signings.

You yourself have argued many times it was largely Kyler lead.

Stout

Reaction score
It wasn't vindicated dude. Come on. We were 10-2 at one point and made the playoffs and the down turn was absolutely nothing to do with any of our FA signings.

You yourself have argued many times it was largely Kyler lead.
"At one point" doesn't mean the whole season and backing into the playoffs with a historic beat down isn't a cause for wild celebration. I also never wanted to celebrate being right about certain things, so I didn't crow about anything after the season. I still won't, but yes, to a degree I was vindicated. It can be true that KM was bad down the stretch and we had other problems, too.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"At one point" doesn't mean the whole season and backing into the playoffs with a historic beat down isn't a cause for wild celebration. I also never wanted to celebrate being right about certain things, so I didn't crow about anything after the season. I still won't, but yes, to a degree I was vindicated. It can be true that KM was bad down the stretch and we had other problems, too.

In what way was you vindicated? You said our RB room was trash, it wasn't. You said Conner was garbage. He had 18 TDs and made the Pro Bowl. You said Green was cooked. He had 850 yards. You said the D was trash and it ended up 6th vs DVOA.

The only way anyone was right was Watt getting injured.

The season didn't end well because Nuk was out (any team would feel that loss) and Kyler's play dropped off. It was not in any way due to who we signed or didn't sign in FA. Actually, no, we should have had a better backup than Wesley, but then I don't recall anyone calling that out at the time.

And this time round, it's been 2 days. The absolute hysteria from some because we haven't overpaid for multi FA's yet is nuts. Probably two thirds of FA's are still unsigned, including most the top 20.

Stout

Reaction score
In what way was you vindicated? You said our RB room was trash, it wasn't. You said Conner was garbage. He had 18 TDs and made the Pro Bowl. You said Green was cooked. He had 850 yards. You said the D was trash and it ended up 6th vs DVOA.

The only way anyone was right was Watt getting injured.

The season didn't end well because Nuk was out (any team would feel that loss) and Kyler's play dropped off. It was not in any way due to who we signed or didn't sign in FA. Actually, no, we should have had a better backup than Wesley, but then I don't recall anyone calling that out at the time.

And this time round, it's been 2 days. The absolute hysteria from some because we haven't overpaid for multi FA's yet is nuts. Probably two thirds of FA's are still unsigned, including most the top 20.
I said to a degree, not wholly. Conner was much better than I thought though, as predicted, he was injured during a crucial part of the season. I was 100 percent correct that Chase couldn't hold up and be the guy for a whole season. Green also produced better than I expected, though clearly had heart issues. You granted me Watt. The CB room wasn't good enough, as I said, though the back-end depth was a pleasant surprise. I wasn't 100% right on everything, but nobody on the board is. I certainly pointed out some issues during the offseason that came to pass.

Your whole need to come after me at this point is just silly, man. If you're happy with what we're doing this offseason, that's great for you. I disagree, and am by far not the only one.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard