Free agency thread 2022

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Send a pick for Bradberry. He is better and cheaper than any options in free agency (not named Gilmore). I honestly don't trust Keim to use those midround- or late picks anyway.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I didn't think we would go after any big name FA's but holding out hope that we can get a deal done with Za'Darius Smith.

Danielle Hunter (Vikings) might become available as well...he is due an 18m bonus on Sunday.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So when your boxing and win the first 8 rounds but continuously get knocked at the end of the fight that should be considered a success?

I mean, it's a terrible analogy. Football isn't so black and white.

If you want to use boxing as an analogy a better one would be that everyone said were a bum and were going to be terrible yet we won our first 7 fights, finished the year 11-6, earned a shot at the champs and got knocked out.

In which case, all those that said we were bums were wrong.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Heard looking for $10m per which is way too much.
That is a lot but starting CB’s are going to get paid that kind of $. If he’s good enough to be our starter, I would pay him. That contract will seem like peanuts in a couple years. Drafting CB’s is such a crap shoot. Eliminate that as a need and now we have more flexibility in the draft.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So clearing out some weapons, to get a quarterback you think will be better than who you have. I wonder where I've seen comments about that before? LOL

They have Njoku and Bryant. Hooper has been largely wasted there. Better for everyone that he moves on.

He pushed 800 yards in his last year at the Falcons and hasn't done that in 2 seasons combined at the Brown's. He was getting paid a crap tonne of money for next to nothing.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The more I think about the scarcity at Edge in FA and how the draft will play out the more I think all worthy Edge guys are gone by #23. Hutchinson and Thibodeaux obviously but also Walker, Johnson, Ojabo and Karfaltis (although not suitable). I don't think any of them fall to us.

I think Keim has to make sure he gets a pass rusher in FA or you're looking at guys like Drake jackson, Nik Bonitto and Ebiketie in round 2 (I think Mafe is gone by #55).

Bears traded Mack for a reason. They are well in the Edge market. Falcons, Browns, Cowboys, Chargers, Giants, Jags, Jets, Lions, Ravens, Texans. All really in need of pass rushers.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Hmm, childish insults. At least make them accurate, bub. Last year I was unhappy with who we signed, not that we weren't signing anyone. And, to one extent or another, I was vindicated, thanks much.
Which part is the insults?

The Cardinals stand pat through the early part of every FA period and you complain every year.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I mean, it's a terrible analogy. Football isn't so black and white.

If you want to use boxing as an analogy a better one would be that everyone said were a bum and were going to be terrible yet we won our first 7 fights, finished the year 11-6, earned a shot at the champs and got knocked out.

In which case, all those that said we were bums were wrong.
But if you go with that analogy that boxer is done other than as fodder for future up and comers. A boxer with an 11-6 record and first round knockout by a guy who would become champ (but wasn’t at the time of the brutal beating - that wasn’t a title bout) gets thrown in the slag heap and doesn’t ever sniff any shot at the belt.

Regardless, it’s a silly comp.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard