Free agency thread 2022

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm quoting your reservation.
But what's the point in bringing it up? Neither one of us really knows if Green mailed it in on plays. I think he did; you probably think he didn't.

Why act like we should stick to what we can prove? Virtually none of what gets discussed here is based strictly on facts...

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Exactly, a group of Hopkins, Green, Moore, Wesley and another guy, whether it's a free agent or draft pick, leaves Kyler no excuses if he's a championship QB (heck even Dortch has his worth). Our offense was stumbling due to our injured stud WR, our OL lacking a competent guard... all it takes is one dude on the OL to make the whole unit fall apart, a OL is only as good as its weakest link
Unless the "other guy" is an all-pro, I would puke at this WR room. Hopkins is a star, but will he last the season? Gotta count on it at this point. Green? NFW. Moore? I hope he gets better, and the team has painted itself into the corner so they are praying he does, but it is certainly no lock. Wesley's taking us nowhere, but I'd keep him on as a #4 at best. Like I said, the "other guy" had better be a star.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Unless the "other guy" is an all-pro, I would puke at this WR room. Hopkins is a star, but will he last the season? Gotta count on it at this point. Green? NFW. Moore? I hope he gets better, and the team has painted itself into the corner so they are praying he does, but it is certainly no lock. Wesley's taking us nowhere, but I'd keep him on as a #4 at best. Like I said, the "other guy" had better be a star.
Spot on take.. Wesley is a #4 at best. Really a #5.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Yeah, I am implying that 'other' guy better be better than average... and Kirk was not that guy lol

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So a friend who's a huge Packer fan says Packer fan sites are saying the Packers are trying to trade RB Aaron Jones and the Cards are thought to have some interest. We were mentioned as a possible spot for Saquon Barkley, he's in his last year over 7 million and injury prone but interesting. Jones is signed through 2024, his caphit this year is apparently 5.8 but then jumps to 20 and 16 the last 2 years, with AJ Dillon the Pack is apparently thinking they might want to move him and get out from under the contract. There's apparently an out in the deal after 2022 that would allow them to drop him but nearly 10 million in dead money.

Someone more into contracts than me would have to explain it, Jones IMO is a better player because of Barkley's injury history, but Jones has a big contract jump after this year and I don't really understand the implications.