Russell Wilson to Broncos!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
So, based on this, what could be get for 24 year old KM? It probably doesn't matter as we would waste the picks anyway.

As @Chris_Sanders brought up probably a marginally better young QB than Drew Loch and the same pick package.

I think the 2nd rounders and players Seattle got are pretty close to the value of a late 1st. So three 1sts essentially…

Or Watson.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Broncos easily got the best of that trade. The players are meh and picks are picks. No guarantees.

Next years picks likely not worth much as Denver should be a good team.

And there are no good QBs this year to replace Wilson.
I actually think it's a nice haul for Seattle. But honestly... Quarterbacks are worth so much!

There's no guarantee they will find a quarterback half as good as Russell Wilson over the next 20 years.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
I actually think it's a nice haul for Seattle. But honestly... Quarterbacks are worth so much!

There's no guarantee they will find a quarterback half as good as Russell Wilson over the next 20 years.
yeah im not too afraid of noah fant

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta think they are banking on Carson Wentz getting cut. Assuming they arent tanking.

Supposedly the Saints are interested in Jimmy G, which would free up Winston for Seattle

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wilson will now get an extension. He's only making 32 million

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
VJs defense will make Lock look like Brady...other then that Lock is ...not a lock hehe

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
This year's 1 is valuable, #9 overall. Good deal for Denver. Might work out for Seattle if they get Willis and he is good.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What’s funny is the Seahawks will have a better record than us next year with Drew Lock at quarterback.. That’s probably all you need to know about resigning Kyler Murray.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
As a Broncos fan, this is great for Denver, even with the high cost of draft capital. They just couldn't afford yet another year of floundering around with some washout journeyman and/or project at QB while the rest of the division was B+ or better at QB. The fanbase was getting totally sick of that holding the rest of the team back. Now we got easily one of the top 5 or so guys in the league.

As for what Seahawks are getting... I assume they will take a long look at Lock to see if he is developable. Part of the rocky time he had in Denver was due to awful coaches, but he also seems to be lacking in read skills and is probably always going to be a turnover machine. Not sure if Seattle's staff can fix that.

Fant has talent, but attitude issues. Harris is a good throw in, but not young. Obviously, the use of the picks is what will most make or break this for them.

When you let a genuine franchise QB leave, the big hope of course is you can get lucky and come close to replacing that sooner than later. Its not impossible to get lucky, but way easier said than done given that those guys don't grow on trees.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Other than the fact I will be at the Denver game which I thought we had a good chance of winning... I like the move.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson