Let’s Take a Moment to Overreact to Kyler’s IG Page

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think it’s 50-50. He helps the line with his eacapability but he also hinders the line when he tries to escape by running backwards right into sacks.
That’s quite overstated.. you’d think he’d be near the league’s lead in sacks based on how many times you all say he does this.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
That’s quite overstated.. you’d think he’d be near the league’s lead in sacks based on how many times you all say he does this.
His problem of late has not been running into a sack as much as sitting on the rim of the pocket and not stepping up and just waiting for them. Then we have people foolishly bitching at DJ for being mediocre when he's doing like any LT and pushing his man to the rim while the QB is suppose to be up front. Then if Kyler cannot see well enough (which is highly probable but is obviously lying that he's good like a 6'3 QB) that's Kliff's arse for not adopting to the obvious and then calling roll outs

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let me get this straight. He hasn't said anything to confirm that he is dissatisfied, not a word. And yet he needs to come out and deny something that he hasn't said. Really?
Yeah, because all over the media they are saying it means he is dissatified - and really any logical person would come to that conclussion, because deleting cards related posts is an intentional act.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It explains why he is top 4 in yards lost due to being sacked...

You must be registered for see images attach

Yards lost per sack:
Kyler 9.12
Zach 8.4
Joe 7.3
Ryan 6.96

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Compared to Kyler pretty much everyone not named Lamar or RW3 is for sure. Burrow like most young QBs also is susceptible to holding the ball too long… and I love me some Joey B
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah, because all over the media they are saying it means he is dissatified - and really any logical person would come to that conclussion, because deleting cards related posts is an intentional act.

If what you said were true, it would be a logical conclusion.

But it's not true.

EVERYTHING was deleted from his instagram. High school photos. College photos. NFL photos. Family photos.

There was zero intentional targeting of Cardinals photos. And he did not unfollow the Cardinals. Those are two entirely made up narratives.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Never saw that. Didn’t realize his study habits were questioned going into the draft. That only serves to support his idiotic comment about not watching film 24 hours a day. Plenty of time for him to turn the ship around, but he’s got to look inside himself and find the drive to do so.
If what Charlie Casserly said is correct, I see this as an indictment of Keim and Bidwill. First for listening to Klingsbury about taking Murray and secondly for ignoring the red flags about Murray's questionable traits. Klingsbury must have been one hell of a salesman to get these two to believe that all it was going to take was for him and Murray and they would win games. I guess both Murray and Klingsbury forgot they were in the NFL and not back in college. You listen to a clip like this and it makes my head spin. Bad study habits, bad chalkboard and crappy leadership and they bought into the idea that they could win with a guy like this. Makes me believe nothing will change until the front office changes.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
nonsense

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Josh Weinfuss
@joshweinfuss
·
3m

Christian Kirk on Kyler Murray scrubbing his Instagram of all but two posts and unfollowing the Arizona Cardinals: “The guy's doing what he needs to do."
I cannot stand that mediocre #3 inconsistent WR named Kirk and he has not right to even talk for another guy who has proven himself in comparison, while he has his mama speaking for him... the Cardinals need to do what they need to do and not even consider re-signing Ka Ka Kirk

AustrianCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
For me there is only one realistic option what his intent may be... and no, I don't agree with the people that think that this means nothing (that's totally a generation Z move) but I also disagree with the people thinking that's a sign that he wants out or that he has a problem with Kliff or whatever.

For me this is a 100% about money. He got hurt the last couple of years and probably realized that especially at his size he is one unfortunate incident away from maybe missing out on a big contract. So I am pretty sure he wants an extension this offseason, especially knowing the leverage he has. The organisation went all in for him and combine that with the fact that we play in the hardest division of football...
Now whether you like his approach or not (I am personally not a big fan of that social media BS) is a whole different discussion but the reasoning behind it seems quite obvious to me...

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fair point. Both are sub 500 despite no one giving Vance a 1-0 HC win. And who is whining? Only those on here who apparently feel like citing facts is some form of hate.

All I know is that there is a ton of hype and hand-wringing for a QB who is sub 500, never throw for 4000 yards in a season, 30 TDs in a season, and never won a division clinching game or playoff game. I mean, Kirk Cousins has thrown for 4000 yards 6 out of the 7 seasons he has been a full time starter. 30+ TDs three times. Better record as a starter. Has won a playoff game. The gap between Cousins and Murray is significantly closer than the gap between Joe Burrow and Kyler Murray.

I have no candidate in this election but the reason Kyler didn't throw for 4000 yards or 30 td's like Cousins is because he runs for TD's in the redzone that Cousins doesn't run for. He was 29 yards short of 4000 his 2nd year, and had 11 rushing TD's and over 800 yards rushing, Cousins has only had more combined passing and rushing yardage once and that year he had 25 passing Td's 4 rushing Td's 29 total, Kyler had 37 combined TD's 2 years ago. Cousins best combined year was 36 TD's.

I have no clue what this social media thing is about I'm waiting to see some idea what's actually going on

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If what Charlie Casserly said is correct, I see this as an indictment of Keim and Bidwill. First for listening to Klingsbury about taking Murray and secondly for ignoring the red flags about Murray's questionable traits. Klingsbury must have been one hell of a salesman to get these two to believe that all it was going to take was for him and Murray and they would win games. I guess both Murray and Klingsbury forgot they were in the NFL and not back in college. You listen to a clip like this and it makes my head spin. Bad study habits, bad chalkboard and crappy leadership and they bought into the idea that they could win with a guy like this. Makes me believe nothing will change until the front office changes.

Indictment for what? Drafting the OROY, two time probowler after 3 seasons, who brought our sorry franchise to the playoffs? The most promising young QB the organization has ever had?

What was your preferred course of action? Stick with Josh Rosen, because an NFL draft pundit said Kyler wasn't perfect? Keep going back to washed up retread veterans like Sam Bradford? And BTW, this was heavily discussed at the time and there were many sources saying exactly the opposite of Kyler, vouching for his dedication.

Some folks are acting like Kyler has already busted out of the league when the reality is we just had an 11 win season, we were 8-0 and Kyler was an MVP candidate, until Hopkins got hurt and the team collapsed. I put that on the GM and coaching more than anything, personally. Very few QBs in history have been able to win with horrible offensive weapons.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When every major sports network is talking about it yes. That's how it works when sports networks are saying things about you that aren't accurate. You correct them, in this case he could do it in a 5 second tweet.

When Schefter announced Brady's retirement it took Tom about 10 minutes to say "Hold on guys, I haven't decided anything yet".

If Sports networks were saying Kyler had a falling out with Hopkins or something else that wasn't true you would expect him to correct the record right?

That was Brady's dad

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
His problem of late has not been running into a sack as much as sitting on the rim of the pocket and not stepping up and just waiting for them. Then we have people foolishly bitching at DJ for being mediocre when he's doing like any LT and pushing his man to the rim while the QB is suppose to be up front. Then if Kyler cannot see well enough (which is highly probable but is obviously lying that he's good like a 6'3 QB) that's Kliff's arse for not adopting to the obvious and then calling roll outs
There’s quite literally no interior pocket for kyler to step up in because our interior line is that weak. BTW Hump has never been elite. Average at best.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
For me there is only one realistic option what his intent may be... and no, I don't agree with the people that think that this means nothing (that's totally a generation Z move) but I also disagree with the people thinking that's a sign that he wants out or that he has a problem with Kliff or whatever.

For me this is a 100% about money. He got hurt the last couple of years and probably realized that especially at his size he is one unfortunate incident away from maybe missing out on a big contract. So I am pretty sure he wants an extension this offseason, especially knowing the leverage he has. The organisation went all in for him and combine that with the fact that we play in the hardest division of football...
Now whether you like his approach or not (I am personally not a big fan of that social media BS) is a whole different discussion but the reasoning behind it seems quite obvious to me...
Orchestrated by this guy. He's been in Vegas with Kyler for the Pro Bowl.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I have questions about Kliff/Kyler long term. However, the agent is actively making sure both get deals done. Kyler's father showed support for Kliff on twitter as well. His father has liked posts pointing out Keim's mistakes though.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Good read. He has blurred lines, when it comes to reporting. Also worth noting in this article, there were absolutely no other reports to substantiate Casserly's claims against Murray. None, zero, zilch. His "sources" remain anonymous to the public.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort