Let’s Take a Moment to Overreact to Kyler’s IG Page

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Fair point. Both are sub 500 despite no one giving Vance a 1-0 HC win. And who is whining? Only those on here who apparently feel like citing facts is some form of hate.

All I know is that there is a ton of hype and hand-wringing for a QB who is sub 500, never throw for 4000 yards in a season, 30 TDs in a season, and never won a division clinching game or playoff game. I mean, Kirk Cousins has thrown for 4000 yards 6 out of the 7 seasons he has been a full time starter. 30+ TDs three times. Better record as a starter. Has won a playoff game. The gap between Cousins and Murray is significantly closer than the gap between Joe Burrow and Kyler Murray.
SAVAGE
When you combine Kyler's rushing yards and touchdowns to his passing totals he blows Kirk out of the water. Why cherry pick stats to make your QB look bad? Kyler is a dual threat, that's part of his game. Kirk also didn't hit ANY of those arbitrary numbers (4k yards is just so much better than Kyler's 3,900, lol) until he was age 27. Kyler is 24, already been better than Kirk ever has been, and has tons of room to grow.

Burrow had a pretty good season, though Kyler was much better through 8 weeks than Burrow was. Then Hopkins got hurt. The rest of the season, Kyler was throwing to AJ Green, who wasn't good enough to make the Cincinatti roster, while Burrow had studs in Chase and Higgins. Not really comparable. Burrow has been fortunate in the playoffs as his defense has made great plays for him, he's been a decent game manager but not much more. The defense won the Tenesee game with multiple interceptions of Tannehil and won the Chiefs game by Mahomes having the worst half of football in playoff history.
This is embarrassing. Kyler had fewer yards than Jimmy G and Mac Jones. Embarrassing.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
When you combine Kyler's rushing yards and touchdowns to his passing totals he blows Kirk out of the water. Why cherry pick stats to make your QB look bad? Kyler is a dual threat, that's part of his game. Kirk also didn't hit ANY of those arbitrary numbers (4k yards is just so much better than Kyler's 3,900, lol) until he was age 27. Kyler is 24, already been better than Kirk ever has been, and has tons of room to grow.

Burrow had a pretty good season, though Kyler was much better through 8 weeks than Burrow was. Then Hopkins got hurt. The rest of the season, Kyler was throwing to AJ Green, who wasn't good enough to make the Cincinatti roster, while Burrow had studs in Chase and Higgins. Not really comparable. Burrow has been fortunate in the playoffs as his defense has made great plays for him, he's been a decent game manager but not much more. The defense won the Tenesee game with multiple interceptions of Tannehil and won the Chiefs game by Mahomes having the worst half of football in playoff history.

Burrow threw for 4600 yards at 70% with a 8.9 YPA. And did it with a below average OL/running game. He’s not a game manager in the sense that he doesn’t need to be great.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

3 Kyler Murray landing spots if he forces his way out of Arizona​

It’s possible that Murray is making a bit of a scene just after the Pro Bowl as a way of posturing for a new contract sooner rather than later. You look around at the rest of the NFL and you might see someone like Lamar Jackson, who already has an MVP season under his belt, not having a new contract in place just yet.

Quarterbacks these days seem to have a bit of pull in regards to potential trades, and Murray has a bit of leverage in that he could threaten to go and play baseball where some guaranteed money might be waiting for him.

So what about his future with the Cardinals?

Nothing has even been reported at this point regarding Murray wanting to be traded. We’re simply talking about him unfollowing the team on social media. But we all know what that means…

Here are some landing spots if Murray decides to force his way out of Arizona.

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
SAVAGE

This is embarrassing. Kyler had fewer yards than Jimmy G and Mac Jones. Embarrassing.
I say the Cards should trade Murray to Atlanta and get The Chosen one (Josh Rosen) back lol lol lol...
I'm not going to make ANY speculation about what this social media thing means. I will state this though. I am not sure EXACTLY what Kyler Murray's contract states. The kid has played 3 seasons with the Cardinals and (unlike any other NFL player) he does have another option to remain a professional athlete
I wrote in another post that this board seems to be run by fans of other teams. The response I got was that there are No homers on this board. Sadly, there seems to be No REALISTIC fans either.
If Murray can go to baseball after his 3rd year, Cardinals get NO trade value for him. But, lets just say the Cards can get multiple 1st rounders for him because he wants to remain in football.
Guess who's going to be making those picks? Steve Keim, (The guy whos draft picks leave alot to be desired, and should have been gone with Steve Wilkes, Josh Rosen,Sam Bradford and Mike McCoy ). Truth is; Kliff Kingsbury and Kyler Murhray Honestly saved Steve Keim's job...
It's funny how Cards fans think they have some great organization that good coaches and QB's are such a bad mark on the long standing Superbowl and championship tradition of this franchise.
There are teams that will take Kyler Murray and there are teams that will hire Kliff Kingsbury but hey, maybe the Cards can keep keim to be great on the draft picks (lol) and get Chosen Rosen back. There's always Matt Leinart or Tim Tebow lol... The kid Murray is at least a top 10 to 12 QB and most teams don't get rid of those guys so good luck to the Cardinals fans that want to move on.. Maybe Kirk Cousins or Daniel Jones lol.

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Fair point. Both are sub 500 despite no one giving Vance a 1-0 HC win. And who is whining? Only those on here who apparently feel like citing facts is some form of hate.

All I know is that there is a ton of hype and hand-wringing for a QB who is sub 500, never throw for 4000 yards in a season, 30 TDs in a season, and never won a division clinching game or playoff game. I mean, Kirk Cousins has thrown for 4000 yards 6 out of the 7 seasons he has been a full time starter. 30+ TDs three times. Better record as a starter. Has won a playoff game. The gap between Cousins and Murray is significantly closer than the gap between Joe Burrow and Kyler Murray.

SAVAGE

Mahomes 1st 6 games of his soph year.

66% 19tds 5 ints 161 passer rating

Last 7 games

62% 17 tds 10 ints 134 passer rating

Mahomes 1st 6 games of his Jr. Year

71% 21 tds 5 ints 172 passer rating

Last 6 games

62% 20tds 5 ints (thank goodness for that 6 td game to end the year) 144 passer rating

Seem to be fall off with Kingsbury QBs the 2nd half of the year. Maybe as bad as Kyler is on twitch, Kliff is as bad at chasing IG Thots. Certainly was rumored to party too much in Lubbock.

Since Kliff needs a big bro QB. Just trade Kyler for Rodgers and be done with. Im over the both of them together. Get Kyler outta town and let Rodgers run our franchise. We'd be in a better place. Seriously.

Just saying if we're going to use this as the "overreact thread" get a grown up at QB. Our team and coach need it as well. Enough of the KK/Kyler charade.

Might even take Dak.

FWIW, I think its contract related and another ploy by his agent. Similar to the KK leaked OU story.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kinda wish Kyler all of a sudden did decide to play baseball just to watch the epic/hilarious meltdown on the board from all sides.

But only for a day. And then magically have everything go back to normal.

I’m not worried about this at this point.

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
Seem to be fall off with Kingsbury QBs the 2nd half of the year. Maybe as bad as Kyler is on twitch, Kliff is as bad at chasing IG Thots. Certainly was rumored to party too much in Lubbock.

Since Kliff needs a big bro QB. Just trade Kyler for Rodgers and be done with. Im over the both of them together. Get Kyler outta town and let Rodgers run our franchise. We'd be in a better place. Seriously.

Just saying if we're going to use this as the "overreact thread" get a grown up at QB. Our team and coach need it as well. Enough of the KK/Kyler charade.

Might even take Dak.
Good luck getting Rodgers for the whole 2 to 3 years he has left in his career. I'm sure he can't wait to come to the long standing great organization of the Az Cardinals with All the championships and superbowls the Cards have, Rodgers will cost Murray and a couple of 1st round picks to Greenbay. Good luck having Keim draft a team around an older Rodgers smh. As far as getting Dak Prescott lol lol lol smh, Tony Romo the 2nd...
I posted abit ago... Meant what I stated. Kliff Kingsbury and Kyler Murray saved Steve Keims job. Get rid of them and now you have Steve keim making more draft picks. Most other teams will take Murray...and Kingsbury will at least get another NFL job... The Cards fans will be happy then because at least they will have more draft picks for Keim to choke on. I would love to see the reactions on this board if the Cards trade Murray for a Derek Carr lol (who is good unless you're a Raiders fan lol)! Daniel Jones, Kirk Cousins, Jimmy Garoppolo, Ryan Tannehill, Jared Geoff, Carson Wentz ect...

Last edited:

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
Could just be Kyler noping out of zuckerburgs ****** social empire like most kid are these days. Both Facebook and Instagram are in decline.

I know people who have noped out on FB and several still have an active profile but did a mass culling of their photos and posts. Can still message them but they don’t participate on the platform anymore

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you want to whine about a stupid technicality, at least get it right. Kliff is sub .500 when you remove this year's Cleveland game from his record. He was out with covid.

Kliff still set out the game plan, drew up the plays etc etc. He was still HC, just not stood on the sideline. Still his win.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That's simply not true.

Let's take Kyler's 3rd year as a starter and put it up against Cousins 1st year as a starter (which was his 4th year in the league).

Yards
Cousins - 4166
Murray - 3787

YPG
Cousins - 260.4
Murray - 270.5

Total TDs
Cousins - 34
Murray - 29

Interceptions
Cousins - 11
Murray - 10

Comp %
Cousins - 69.8%
Murray - 69.2%

Passer rating
Cousins - 101.6
Murray 100.6

QBR
Cousins - 67.8
Murray - 57.4

As @Chopper0080 said he's far closer to Cousins than Burrow. And before you say "Yeah but that was Cousins 4th year" Kyler has played 3x as many snaps in his 2 years previous than Cousins did in the 3 before he started.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Could just be Kyler noping out of zuckerburgs ****** social empire like most kid are these days. Both Facebook and Instagram are in decline.

I know people who have noped out on FB and several still have an active profile but did a mass culling of their photos and posts. Can still message them but they don’t participate on the platform anymore

No. He has over a million IG followers. He gets paid by companies to promote their brand on socials.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From the Athletic's daily "Pulse" news digest/preview:
Kyler Murray breaks up with the Cardinals
Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray on Monday pulled what any young-ish adult does these days after a breakup: He scrubbed his Instagram of any reference to the other person while leaving up some intentional photos to make some sort of quasi-statement about his post-breakup life.
Murray deleted every reference to the Cardinals, leaving only two non-Cardinals photos. It was the first inkling that something might be amiss in Phoenix.
But why? Murray has been great for Arizona outside of, um, this year’s playoff loss to the Rams. It likely comes down to money:
  • Murray is entering the final year of his rookie contract and will make $5.4 million, 22nd among NFL quarterbacks. The Cardinals have a fifth-year option for Murray, though this posturing probably means Murray wants more security than that.
  • Murray was in the top 10 in completion percentage and yards per attempt in 2021 while ranking in the top 15 or 20 in most other normal metrics. He’s also a threat on the ground, rushing for 1,786 yards and 20 touchdowns in three years. He disappeared at inopportune times, but is still clearly worth a second contract. At least 10 teams would be lining up to acquire Murray if possible.
Which is probably why we’re here. Will Arizona feel the love pangs and reel Murray back in? We’ll see.

:grabs:

...dave

[Edit: oops, didn't see this was already a thread!]

Last edited:

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
SAVAGE

Embarrassing for Murray haters no doubt.

Kyler missed 3 games and threw for 20 less yards than Mac Jones. That's your point? And again, still accounted for significantly more total yards and TDs despite playing 3 less games. Amazing to see the lengths people will go to to make intellectually dishonest arguments against their own quarterback.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
This is picking up some steam in the national media. Saw an op-ed on the SI site about. Front page news.

Based on everything I'm reading/seeing, this is not "nothing", and I can't say I'm super-pleased that it appears Murray is already pushing back against the Cardinals. I hope he's getting good advice from his mentors and advisors.

I understand this is business, there are a lot of dollars at stake, and he's has to do what's best for himself in the long-term, but I hope it doesn't get a whole lot uglier before it's resolved.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That's simply not true.

Let's take Kyler's 3rd year as a starter and put it up against Cousins 1st year as a starter (which was his 4th year in the league).

Yards
Cousins - 4166
Murray - 3787

YPG
Cousins - 260.4
Murray - 270.5

Total TDs
Cousins - 34
Murray - 29

Interceptions
Cousins - 11
Murray - 10

Comp %
Cousins - 69.8%
Murray - 69.2%

Passer rating
Cousins - 101.6
Murray 100.6

QBR
Cousins - 67.8
Murray - 57.4

As @Chopper0080 said he's far closer to Cousins than Burrow. And before you say "Yeah but that was Cousins 4th year" Kyler has played 3x as many snaps in his 2 years previous than Cousins did in the 3 before he started.

Cousins was 27 years old.

Joe Burrow this year averaged 295 total yards per game. Kyler over 300.

Burrow accounted for 2.25 TDs per game and Kyler accounted for 2.07. Kyler was at 2.5 through 8 weeks, when Hopkins went down.

Not much of a difference in their stats, in fact Kyler was pretty significantly better than Burrow until DeAndre Hopkins was injured. Meanwhile Joe Burrow was throwing to two of the best young receivers in the game all season long. It's amazing to see that so many people think Joe Burrow is so great because his team has carried him to some playoff wins. He's a fine quarterback. His stats are comparable to... gasp.. Kirk Cousins.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All over national sports talk radio this morning on the way to work....

Speculation is he is unhappy with Kliff and/or trying to leverage for a new contract.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
According to this thread we should get Cousins at QB. IMHO NO!

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cousins was 27 years old.

Joe Burrow this year averaged 295 total yards per game. Kyler over 300.

Burrow accounted for 2.25 TDs per game and Kyler accounted for 2.07. Kyler was at 2.5 through 8 weeks, when Hopkins went down.

Not much of a difference in their stats, in fact Kyler was pretty significantly better than Burrow until DeAndre Hopkins was injured. Meanwhile Joe Burrow was throwing to two of the best young receivers in the game all season long. It's amazing to see that so many people think Joe Burrow is so great because his team has carried him to some playoff wins. He's a fine quarterback. His stats are comparable to... gasp.. Kirk Cousins.
Don’t forget Tyler Boyd. He’s a stud and better than any WR not named Hopkins on our team as well. Mixon is an outstanding dual threat - yes better than Conner