Trade Idea: K Murray and #1 for D Carr, M Crosby, D Waller

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Raiders get their shiny new quarterback to go with their shiny new stadium and some cap space. Cards get a quality starting QB, a young edge rusher, and an excellent pass catching TE.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Raiders get their shiny new quarterback to go with their shiny new stadium and some cap space. Cards get a quality starting QB, a young edge rusher, and an excellent pass catching TE.

YOu realize Crosby and Waller are arguing their most marketable guys? I love Crosby btw, he's a star.

Intriguing but the money would be a big jump, Carr is in his last year so almost 20 million and you have to give him a new deal. Crosby last year of his deal almost 4 million and you have to resign him. Waller 2 years left 6.25 each year

Crosby is one of my favorite non Cards, interesting idea but don't see us trading Kyler

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
No, hyperbole stupid reaction... nothing personal but this is a team whose QB was rookie of the year and also made the Pro Bowl and more importantly past mid season had the best record in the NFL

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would do this deal in a heartbeat. Carr has 4-5 good years left, Crosby is 24..just entering his prime, and while Waller is 29...he has really only played 3 seasons.

We would be a MUCH better team over the next 3-4 years assuming you could get them all resigned for that window.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
No, hyperbole stupid reaction... nothing personal but this is a team whose QB was rookie of the year and also made the Pro Bowl and more importantly past mid season had the best record in the NFL
C'mon, really? First the Pro Bowl is kind of a joke anymore. Evidence in that Lamar Jackson was selected on the AFC side. Stafford deserved it more than Murray. Secondly you make it sound like Murray was the reason the team went 7-0 to start the season when in fact Hopkins made Murray more than Murray made Murray because once Hopkins go hurt Murray was pedestrian for the most part, has yet to win a playoff game or clinch a playoff spot or division title with a win, remember the Cardinals backed into a playoff spot and to ice the cake he delivered what can arguably be the worst performance by a QB in the history of NFL playoff games and. It's right up there the Ryan Lindley performance back in 2015. If his performance in the playoff game didn't give you cause for concern I'm not sure what to say.

The reality is Murray has done nothing to secure the status of QBOTF yet. I see him as sitting in the same boat as Dak Prescott, lofty stats and a less than impressive results.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
C'mon, really? First the Pro Bowl is kind of a joke anymore. Evidence in that Lamar Jackson was selected on the AFC side. Stafford deserved it more than Murray. Secondly you make it sound like Murray was the reason the team went 7-0 to start the season when in fact Hopkins made Murray more than Murray made Murray because once Hopkins go hurt Murray was pedestrian for the most part, has yet to win a playoff game or clinch a playoff spot or division title with a win, remember the Cardinals backed into a playoff spot and to ice the cake he delivered what can arguably be the worst performance by a QB in the history of NFL playoff games and. It's right up there the Ryan Lindley performance back in 2015. If his performance in the playoff game didn't give you cause for concern I'm not sure what to say.

The reality is Murray has done nothing to secure the status of QBOTF yet. I see him as sitting in the same boat as Dak Prescott, lofty stats and a less than impressive results.
Yes, really... I do not buy what your selling named Carr for Murray, not one single bit

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I’d rather trade for Creepo Watson than Carr. He’s an incredible leader but not as good as his numbers suggest. He’s pretty much plateaued because of his age and bad mechanics/footwork.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I also think this vastly underrates how low Kyler stock is at the moment after that playoff performance.

While Carr is a decent QB he isn't winning a superbowl so I don;t see the upside in the trade whoever else is included. At least Kyler is still improving.

On the flip side would the Raiders trade their 3 best players for a guy that just laid a humongous egg in the playoffs? Surely not.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
A for creativity.
F because it hurts both teams.
This ain't fantasy football.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You guys realize there is no way the Raiders would even consider this trade. They would be giving up too much.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I wasn't talking about the trade for Carr, I was talking about you hyperbole for Murray.
I of course was talking about the trade for Carr because, well, that is the basis of this thread. Nothing I stated was hyperbole, but just relaying facts for the young QB which for the most part says it would be foolish to give up on him at this juncture. Hyperbole is if I said he would be sure to win leauge MVP numerous times, guarantee to win multiple Super Bowls, a transcendent player of the likes I have never seen. I only stated facts and why those facts do not warrant trading this younger prospect for another QB which in my opinion though a good QB has reached his potential and does not offer the same room of growth which might make a QB great :)

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Murray is no longer untradeable, but I’m not asking for Carr in any package. I’d want a QB like Rodgers or Watson (only if legal stuff is settled in his favor) in a return package.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Murray is no longer untradeable, but I’m not asking for Carr in any package. I’d want a QB like Rodgers or Watson (only if legal stuff is settled in his favor) in a return package.
100% agree. Joe Burrow in his second season just got to the Superbowl. The Bengals were the worst team in the NFL a year ago. There are no excuses left for the Cardinals or Kyler Murray. Kyler should be better by now. I don't think Carr is necessarily the answer at all but I wouldn't be upset if the Cards go and get another QB in free agency or move up in the draft to get another one.

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Reaction score

BTW, I started a whole post towards this. Where would the QBs for the Bengals, Rams and Niners be without a dynamic WR named Chase, Kupp or Samuels... I'm waiting :)

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Watson is a guy I would consider because he already has achieved what I 'think' Kyler can become and is relatively young :raccoon:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard