Kyler is a fraud.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This speaks volumes about the guy. Too busy pouting to care about a teammate.
I hope it was because he was crying on the sidelines. It was worse than Anquan pouting while winning...

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is silly. Kyler had the best completion percentage up the middle by any QB in over 15 years. We have had some pretty good ones playing at that time.

You can't do that if you have a height issue as you mentioned before, or can't hit his throwing lanes and still be the best.

Now if you want to talk about not going through progressions, that would be different.
It’s been shown clearly how often he misses wide open WRs it is hardly silly. He spins and runs far too often. Doesn’t step up or shift in the pocket almost never. It’s a definite problem.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s been shown clearly how often he misses wide open WRs it is hardly silly. He spins and runs far too often. Doesn’t step up or shift in the pocket almost never. It’s a definite problem.
and yet he still set that mark. How do you reconcile that fact?

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was at the game last night around the 25 yd line (on the side where he threw that pick-six) and you can see that Kyler had an eternity (by NFL standards) and still chose to panic and heap it. A few checkdowns on the opening drive would have solved everything. We had fans near us calling for McCoy by the end of the second quarter SMH. I have no doubt Colt could have at least led us to a sustainable drive in the first half with some dink and dunks.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and yet he still set that mark. How do you reconcile that fact?
A lot of it luck and Deandre. His comp% has steadily declined as the year has gone on.. How do you reconcile that he constant misses wide open WRs? Running underneath and across the middle?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of it luck and Deandre. His comp% has steadily declined as the year has gone on.. How do you reconcile that he constant misses wide open WRs? Running underneath and across the middle?
You do realize that DeAndre doesn't run a lot of routes in the middle of the field right? He is a sideline player and never moves inside.

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Also, his terrible demeanor / poutiness leads me to make a comparison to dare I say.. (and blech for even considering this).. our generation's Jay Cutler...? Great arm, can thread the needle, but not a leader by any means and does not inspire confidence from his teammates.

If you've seen the meme where Jay has on a pair of digital shades while smoking a cigarette, we need a meme where Kyler has his game headset on vaping up a pen. Pretty accurate imo

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You do realize that DeAndre doesn't run a lot of routes in the middle of the field right? He is a sideline player and never moves inside.
Oh for sure…. But he bailed Kyler out a lot…. Still doesn’t explain his lack of picking out and taking advantage or wide open WR.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, his terrible demeanor / poutiness leads me to make a comparison to dare I say.. (and blech for even considering this).. our generation's Jay Cutler...? Great arm, can thread the needle, but not a leader by any means and does not inspire confidence from his teammates.

If you've seen the meme where Jay has on a pair of digital shades while smoking a cigarette, we need a meme where Kyler has his game headset on vaping up a pen. Pretty accurate imo
A bit much. I don't think Kyler has lost the locker room the way Jay did, at least not yet.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh for sure…. But he bailed Kyler out a lot…. Still doesn’t explain his lack of picking out and taking advantage or wide open WR.
The only way DeAndre bailed him out of that stat, is if he opened the field for other receivers with teams shifting towards DeAndre...

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

You can look at any play from any team in hindsight and see a place the ball could have gone at a particular instance. Last night in the broadcast they showed a play where Ertz had a little bit of room to catch the ball (on a 3rd down well short of the sticks) and Kyler threw it deeper to Wesley. What they didn't show was where Kyler was at the time (running for his life) to see whether he had an opportunity to throw there. Not to mention, it was 3rd down and there was no way Ertz was going to pick it up with the defender right on top of him. People are overly influenced by what the announcers call out when they aren't showing you the entire context, or are just flat out wrong.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can look at any play from any team in hindsight and see a place the ball could have gone at a particular instance. Last night in the broadcast they showed a play where Ertz had a little bit of room to catch the ball (on a 3rd down well short of the sticks) and Kyler threw it deeper to Wesley. What they didn't show was where Kyler was at the time (running for his life) to see whether he had an opportunity to throw there. Not to mention, it was 3rd down and there was no way Ertz was going to pick it up with the defender right on top of him. People are overly influenced by what the announcers call out when they aren't showing you the entire context, or are just flat out wrong.
I saw that exact same play. Ertz wouldn't have gotten the first down even if they threw it to him. It was lazy by all involved, including the commentary.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
which quote?
There was a lot more I could have done off the field and in the film room that could have elevated my game to a different level,” Vick said
“I was complacent at the time, somewhat lazy, and I settled for mediocrity. I thought what I was doing was enough.”

“I'm not one of those guys that's going to sit there and kill myself watching film. I don't sit there for 24 hours and break down this team and that team and watch every game because, in my head, I see so much.”
“I think I was blessed with the cognitive skills to just go out there and just see it before it happens,” Murray said.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I was at the game last night around the 25 yd line (on the side where he threw that pick-six) and you can see that Kyler had an eternity (by NFL standards) and still chose to panic and heap it. A few checkdowns on the opening drive would have solved everything. We had fans near us calling for McCoy by the end of the second quarter SMH. I have no doubt Colt could have at least led us to a sustainable drive in the first half with some dink and dunks.
I was calling for McCoy as well.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was a lot more I could have done off the field and in the film room that could have elevated my game to a different level,” Vick said
“I was complacent at the time, somewhat lazy, and I settled for mediocrity. I thought what I was doing was enough.”

“I'm not one of those guys that's going to sit there and kill myself watching film. I don't sit there for 24 hours and break down this team and that team and watch every game because, in my head, I see so much.”
“I think I was blessed with the cognitive skills to just go out there and just see it before it happens,” Murray said.

Oh ok I thought there was a new one after last game.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I think the last pass of the game by Murray said a lot. He just chucked it out to get the game over with.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This is silly. Kyler had the best completion percentage up the middle by any QB in over 15 years. We have had some pretty good ones playing at that time.

You can't do that if you have a height issue as you mentioned before, or can't hit his throwing lanes and still be the best.

Now if you want to talk about not going through progressions, that would be different.
I dunno. How big was the sample size? I mean, if he went 4-for-5 and only passed the ball when dudes were wide open, the rate stat would be pretty good but it'd be obvious that he didn't like finding those lanes.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dunno. How big was the sample size? I mean, if he went 4-for-5 and only passed the ball when dudes were wide open, the rate stat would be pretty good but it'd be obvious that he didn't like finding those lanes.
The entire regular season.

OP
OP
LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Earl Watford was nonplussed.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Earl Watford was nonplussed.
Earl, I get what you are saying, but YOU were a part of offenses that were bad yourself. Not the right spokesperson for this one.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Putrid showing, it was a shame, I was lucky that I was sleeping and didn't stay up or take a day off. I would have been very angry.

D played poor
ST played poor
O played Wilkes level

And with that, everything is said. KK and KM get another year, just because next year there isn't a good QB but after that Bidwill has to decide which way he goes.

I think Keim gave them enough weapons and possibilities but if KM & KK & VJ can't perform ... yeah.

After yesterday I think nobody will hire VJ so even that is out of the window. So keep that band together, let them get it figured out and if they can't produce another playoff season and win at least 1 game, get a new gang together, Probably starting from top.