Cobra Kai (Netflix)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It is surprising how good this show is. Finished the last season in just a few days. I will say, the final female battle was nowhere near as exciting as the male battle. They could have done a better job with the girls fight scene. beyond that I absolutely loved everything.
I don’t think they could have improved it due to the limited abilities of larusso’s daughter. She’s not much of an athlete.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I don’t think they could have improved it due to the limited abilities of larusso’s daughter. She’s not much of an athlete.
They needed to get her a lot more training between seasons when they decided to make her a focal point of this season. I don't know why they didn't. It's obvious most of the other kids have been training. Especially the guy that plays Robbie. With the way he's looking now you can tell that he knows this is his big break and wants to springboard off of it.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I really didn't like how they added Daniel's wife to that storyline. I've found it more entertaining than Miguel vs Robbie and on par with Daniel vs Johnny but they really went full After School Special with it having Daniel's wife feel bad for Tori.

Don't remember Daniel's wife's name. I really don't care for her. Probably the only character I wish was scaled back a tremendous amount.

That's the big perspective flip

The original had Daniel as the poor kid from the rough background being picked on and feeling inferior to the rich entitled kids.

Now his daughter is the rich entitled kid battling with a girl from a rough background

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the younger son losing a ton of weight was much more distracting than Miguel.

I thought Miguel looked a little different but couldn't place why. I guess he put on some weight though.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They needed to get her a lot more training between seasons when they decided to make her a focal point of this season. I don't know why they didn't. It's obvious most of the other kids have been training. Especially the guy that plays Robbie. With the way he's looking now you can tell that he knows this is his big break and wants to springboard off of it.

I found Miguel’s weight gain super distracting

I thought the younger son losing a ton of weight was much more distracting than Miguel.

I thought Miguel looked a little different but couldn't place why. I guess he put on some weight though.
yeah... Miguel put on a bit of weight for someone doing karate on the daily.

And yeah, Daniels son looks like he grew a foot lol

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
yeah... Miguel put on a bit of weight for someone doing karate on the daily.

And yeah, Daniels son looks like he grew a foot lol
I thought they recast his son because he had a bigger role this season. But I barely paid attention to him in earlier seasons so I’m not sure it’s the same actor.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I thought they recast his son because he had a bigger role this season. But I barely paid attention to him in earlier seasons so I’m not sure it’s the same actor.
I wasn't sure if they recast either. Going by IMDB it's the same actor, Griffin Santopietro. They have him listed for all of the seasons.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought they grabbed a different kid because they wanted a different track with him - same kid just really thinned out and grew a little

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Off topic, but if you love campy reboots that don't take their source material too seriously like this, Saved by the Bell on Peacock is excellent if you enjoyed the original as a kid like me.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might be the only one here who doesn't like Chozen. Still looking forward to this season. Love this stupid show.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
He does nothing for me.
I don't think I needed to see more of him. I liked the little redemption arc for both him and Daniel last season. It was a nice movie tie-in and a nice way to send off the character. It was a good end point for him. Hopefully they don't ruin that by doing too much.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Karate Kid 2 is my least favorite of the original trilogy. It's better than the Jaden Smith or Hilary Swank films but that's not a high bar.

Karate Kid 3 was my favorite and I used to visit the old IMDB boards for it all the time because it was an unofficial Cobra Kai fan club of sorts. This was before the CK series also. It was just people ironically discussing the teachings of Cobra Kai are the keys to life and how Daniel LaRusso is a cheating punk. That's why Ive enjoyed this series so much, it brought some of that to life. However the supporting cast in KK3 is the best, IMO, with Terry Silver, Mike Barnes, Kreese, and Snake. I still hold out hope Mike Barnes and Snake make appearances. Sean Kanan, who played Barnes, still acts and has spoken highly of the series but who knows if he's in their plans.

OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Karate Kid 2 is my least favorite of the original trilogy. It's better than the Jaden Smith or Hilary Swank films but that's not a high bar.

Karate Kid 3 was my favorite and I used to visit the old IMDB boards for it all the time because it was an unofficial Cobra Kai fan club of sorts. This was before the CK series also. It was just people ironically discussing the teachings of Cobra Kai are the keys to life and how Daniel LaRusso is a cheating punk. That's why Ive enjoyed this series so much, it brought some of that to life. However the supporting cast in KK3 is the best, IMO, with Terry Silver, Mike Barnes, Kreese, and Snake. I still hold out hope Mike Barnes and Snake make appearances. Sean Kanan, who played Barnes, still acts and has spoken highly of the series but who knows if he's in their plans.

There is a definitive answer on the the Mike Barnes question:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Didn’t realize I was in the minority liking 2 the best. I’m a sucker for bad guy gone good arcs, I think Chozen could be a nice contrast with Johnny. Plus Chozen and Iohnmy have never met before so there’s that dynamic to look forward too.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn’t realize I was in the minority liking 2 the best. I’m a sucker for bad guy gone good arcs, I think Chozen could be a nice contrast with Johnny. Plus Chozen and Iohnmy have never met before so there’s that dynamic to look forward too.
You are not alone. Looking forward to his addition to the cast this season. I liked his redemption arc and the fact he is spending his life making up for what happened in the second movie.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose