Cobra Kai (Netflix)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm halfway through season 3 now and haven't read the thread but I turned it on just to check it out and was HOOKED. What a great show. I think the old sensei is an unnecessary distraction from what was brewing as a great show and season 3 def doesnt feel as good as seasons 1 and 2 so far. hoping it picks up well as I keep progressing.

When it makes hawk noises as hawk fights people - lmao!
It's a guilty pleasure. It's cheesy at times but just enough. It has something all my kids love and nostalgic for parents.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dec 31st.

It seems like it takes forever for good shows to drop these days. I guess we have been binge watching too much this time of year with the bad weather, we have blown through all the stuff we like.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Fan freaking tastic. Still not high art or anything, but this show is incredibly consistent in what it does.

A LOT of cliffhangers for season 5, and the very last scene of the finale made me cheer out loud.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love this show. I enjoyed last season more but this season was good and I can't wait to get more. I think the end is in sight though. They could continue it for a bit longer just focusing on Daniel's younger son while the rest of the group ages out but I don't think they could keep it fresh that long.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I love this show. I enjoyed last season more but this season was good and I can't wait to get more. I think the end is in sight though. They could continue it for a bit longer just focusing on Daniel's younger son while the rest of the group ages out but I don't think they could keep it fresh that long.
Could things.

I can see why last season was more enjoyable. Having the trip to Okinawa and Elizabeth Shue definitely elevated it.

Interesting about you saying you see the end in sight. Feels to me like you can say that about every season since Season 2. It’s just the way the show is structured. I’ve read that they have the show planned at least to go beyond Season 5 so we’ll see.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Could things.

I can see why last season was more enjoyable. Having the trip to Okinawa and Elizabeth Shue definitely elevated it.

Interesting about you saying you see the end in sight. Feels to me like you can say that about every season since Season 2. It’s just the way the show is structured. I’ve read that they have the show planned at least to go beyond Season 5 so we’ll see.
Hopefully it can go well past S5. It's one of my favorite shows now. My only complaint is that the seasons are only 10 episodes. ;) S5 can't get here soon enough.

They're probably going to have to start rotating out the kids though due to age. Hopefully they look to Friday Night Lights for that. FNL did a really good job at swapping out the kids as they graduated and kept things fresh.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just need the All Valley board members to vote for an over-18 age group. :cool:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hopefully it can go well past S5. It's one of my favorite shows now. My only complaint is that the seasons are only 10 episodes. ;) S5 can't get here soon enough.

They're probably going to have to start rotating out the kids though due to age. Hopefully they look to Friday Night Lights for that. FNL did a really good job at swapping out the kids as they graduated and kept things fresh.

I loved FNL but they messed up with a number of the kids on that show as far as changing their ages after the first season. That's my main complaint with that show, which I often overlook because I do love the series but after the first season. Some kids stuck around longer than they should.

With Cobra Kai they've got Sam and Miguel talking college now so they're liking a year and away from leaving. That would be for the best as far as overall continuity is concerned. They did a good job adding the Payne kid, I think his name was Kenny, and they could flesh out 2-3 more kids that are around the age of Daniel's son but I think it'd be best to end it on a high note than drag it out.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you get through the whole season? What did you think of the final shot?
I actually jumped up in excitement! I think between the last two episodes I got way too excited way too many times!

I'm fully expecting Hillary Swank to appear at some point now!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I actually jumped up in excitement! I think between the last two episodes I got way too excited way too many times!

I'm fully expecting Hillary Swank to appear at some point now!
Yeah that was the same reaction I had. Can't wait to see where that goes.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Best season so far! Gawd, I hate how much I love this show!

I had hopes this would be my favorite season but that goes to last season. This one was good all the way through but I don't hit greatness much, if at all.

My favorite KK movie is #3 so I was pumped for the return of Terry Silver and have wanted to see that since the very beginning of this series but his return was anticlimactic.

I didn't care much for the infighting between Kreese and Silver. I really didn't like Silver being the more ruthless one. Maybe if that happened over time, fine, but it seemed way too fast. I get Kreese has a soft spot for Johnny but for Silver to see that and exploit it so quickly, especially after Kreese and Johnny started fighting with each other. Like I said, it was too fast.

I liked everything but that arc was too quick. I didn't like the ending of it though, with the whole implicating Kreese in the assault of Ray. That was hokey with how it was done.

I'd like to see Snake and Tournament Bad Boy Mike Barnes next year. That would be amazing. I know Sean Kanan, who played Barnes, has spoken positively about the series a few times and has said he'd love to return. Hopefully that's in the works now that Silver is back so the groundwork has been laid within that world.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just saw this and thought Id share here. There are season 4 spoilers included, of course, so don't read it unless you finished the recent season or don't mind having the ending spoiled.

There really aren't any concrete spoilers for season 5 though as everything is presented as speculation and there's no surprises listed. However it appears they shot seasons 4 & 5 back to back. That means season 5 is already in the can. Hopefully that means we get season 5 this summer rather than December or next January.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson