Cobra Kai (Netflix)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I had hopes this would be my favorite season but that goes to last season. This one was good all the way through but I don't hit greatness much, if at all.

My favorite KK movie is #3 so I was pumped for the return of Terry Silver and have wanted to see that since the very beginning of this series but his return was anticlimactic.

I didn't care much for the infighting between Kreese and Silver. I really didn't like Silver being the more ruthless one. Maybe if that happened over time, fine, but it seemed way too fast. I get Kreese has a soft spot for Johnny but for Silver to see that and exploit it so quickly, especially after Kreese and Johnny started fighting with each other. Like I said, it was too fast.

I liked everything but that arc was too quick. I didn't like the ending of it though, with the whole implicating Kreese in the assault of Ray. That was hokey with how it was done.

I'd like to see Snake and Tournament Bad Boy Mike Barnes next year. That would be amazing. I know Sean Kanan, who played Barnes, has spoken positively about the series a few times and has said he'd love to return. Hopefully that's in the works now that Silver is back so the groundwork has been laid within that world.
I still keep holding out hope that Mike Barnes is Tory's deadbeat dad. If they are going to use season 5 as a redemption season for Tory, and it appears they might be, he would be the perfect foil.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still keep holding out hope that Mike Barnes is Tory's deadbeat dad. If they are going to use season 5 as a redemption season for Tory, and it appears they might be, he would be the perfect foil.
Feels a little tiny town.

Personally, I want to see them weave back in Lamar from Revenge Of The Nerds back into the Kai’s (he was one of them in the original), which could then bring in his tormentor from Atoms college... Ogre!

And then he could then bring in...

JVCD!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Feels a little tiny town.

Personally, I want to see them weave back in Lamar from Revenge Of The Nerds back into the Kai’s (he was one of them in the original), which could then bring in his tormentor from Atoms college... Ogre!

And then he could then bring in...

JVCD!
Ok, now you're just being ridiculous.

;)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, now you're just being ridiculous.

;)
TOTALLY ridiculous, but I think That’s when the show is at its best. Might as well totally lean all the way in! You can’t tell me those dudes probably couldn’t use the work.

I mean... the reveal of the last shot just didn’t do anything for me. They already did that arc and no one cares about that dude.

But Lamar to Ogre to JCVD?! Peoples heads would explode.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That’s when the show is at its best. Might as well totally lean in!

I mean... the reveal of the last shot just didn’t do anything for me. They already did that arc and no one cares about that dude.

100% disagree that nobody cares. Come on! You can't even say that about the people on this thread! :)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
100% disagree that nobody cares. Come on! You can't even say that about the people on this thread! :)
Fair... I don’t know personally anyone who cares. Did you get any kind of jolt of “Oh yeah!” with that reveal?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Fair... I don’t know personally anyone who cares. Did you get any kind of jolt of “Oh yeah!” with that reveal?
I guess you haven't read some of the thread. I did have that. I'm a huge fan of the movie he appears in.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score

Honestly, your crossover scenario doesn't excite me at all and might cause me to check out. I usually don't go for crossovers like that. They usually end up feeling like cheap stunts to me.

The reveal that happened did gave me a little bit of an "oh yeah!" but that's partially due to projection on my part. As soon as it happened I saw a storyline for S5 play out in my head. So it was probably more of the prospect of that happening than the actual reveal.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, your crossover scenario doesn't excite me at all and might cause me to check out. I usually don't go for crossovers like that. They usually end up feeling like cheap stunts to me.

The reveal that happened did gave me a little bit of an "oh yeah!" but that's partially due to projection on my part. As soon as it happened I saw a storyline for S5 play out in my head. So it was probably more of the prospect of that happening than the actual reveal.

dude, this whole show might as well be called CHEAP STUNT. It thrives on them!

y'all are nutty.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
dude, this whole show might as well be called CHEAP STUNT. It thrives on them!

y'all are nutty.
It's cheap stunts but within its universe. It's the crossover aspect that has no appeal to me.

Now make a show called Alpha that has Ogre and the guys wreaking havoc and I'm in. :)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That would be insanely awesome. And stupid. But mostly awesome. Stupid awesome. Kinda like the entire show.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I didn't know I wanted that until now.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is surprising how good this show is. Finished the last season in just a few days. I will say, the final female battle was nowhere near as exciting as the male battle. They could have done a better job with the girls fight scene. beyond that I absolutely loved everything.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is surprising how good this show is. Finished the last season in just a few days. I will say, the final female battle was nowhere near as exciting as the male battle. They could have done a better job with the girls fight scene. beyond that I absolutely loved everything.

I really didn't like how they added Daniel's wife to that storyline. I've found it more entertaining than Miguel vs Robbie and on par with Daniel vs Johnny but they really went full After School Special with it having Daniel's wife feel bad for Tori.

Don't remember Daniel's wife's name. I really don't care for her. Probably the only character I wish was scaled back a tremendous amount.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really didn't like how they added Daniel's wife to that storyline. I've found it more entertaining than Miguel vs Robbie and on par with Daniel vs Johnny but they really went full After School Special with it having Daniel's wife feel bad for Tori.

Don't remember Daniel's wife's name. I really don't care for her. Probably the only character I wish was scaled back a tremendous amount.
They should kill Larusso. The show is starting to revolve too much around that family and it’s much better when it revolves around Johnny and Miguel as it did to start the series.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TOTALLY ridiculous, but I think That’s when the show is at its best. Might as well totally lean all the way in! You can’t tell me those dudes probably couldn’t use the work.

I felt him coming once Robby started teaching the CK's Miyagi-Do. Once it started getting too late into the season for that, I knew we'd have some type of cliffhanger bringing him back.

As far as crossovers, how about bringing in a Hollywood screenwriter on a path of self destruction and Liz Shue comes back to get into a very unhealthy relationship with him?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Honestly i forgot to watch new season was it any good truthhfully i saw first Also how were elizabeth shue scenes man she was hot :)

No mercy daniel son!! Lol

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
My wife and I just finished up season 4 last night and were thoroughly entertained. It's a drag we have to wait until late fall for season 5.
Im excited Chozen will be joining Daniel in training his students in more of the tradition art of karate. Im thinking the forgotten scroll in which he gave to Daniel will come to light again and reveal its meaning in a more aggressive fighting style?

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
They should kill Larusso. The show is starting to revolve too much around that family and it’s much better when it revolves around Johnny and Miguel as it did to start the series.
Big +1 to this. The show is at its best when Johnny is being Johnny and Daniel is more of a supporting character.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly i forgot to watch new season was it any good truthhfully i saw first Also how were elizabeth shue scenes man she was hot :)

No mercy daniel son!! Lol

Unfortunately no Elizabeth Shue. She wrapped up her story in season 3.

If you liked the rest of the series though then I can't see disliking this season. It's just a matter of how much you enjoy it. I think season 3 was the best so far so I'm not surprised it dipped some in quality but it's hard to rank the other seasons because they all have their strengths with very few missteps.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose