So What’s Wrong With Kyler Murray?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You're not wrong, but you're not complete. Its one thing without Hudson its another thing without Hudson and Hopkins.

Line is exposed and we're without his safety net. As I've posted in another thread he's making it difficult on himself not even looking in Wesley's direction.

He's had a couple weeks now to adjust to life without Hopkins he gets Hudson back to help sure up the Oline (sucks that DJ is out).

Cowboys game will tell the tale if they've fixed up things or if this is a lingering issue.
Yes I am sure if Kyler wets the bed Sunday you’ll reconsider your this-far unquestioning support for Kyler Murray.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yes I am sure if Kyler wets the bed Sunday you’ll reconsider your this-far unquestioning support for Kyler Murray.
And if he lights it up you'll fade into the background waiting to pounce his next failure. Funny thing is I've said the worst comment in regards to Kyler after the Rams game. Which questioned if he's just too short to overcome great interior pressure.

Sidenote: Lamar is looking like he's going to miss his 3rd game with an ankle injury. Is it time to question his toughness?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

I don't know if this is how you mean it but choosing to see all of the really positive attributes and potential in someone while also recognizing the opportunities to grow isn't "unquestioning support".

You must be registered for see images attach

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
And if he lights it up you'll fade into the background waiting to pounce his next failure. Funny thing is I've said the worst comment in regards to Kyler after the Rams game. Which questioned if he's just too short to overcome great interior pressure.

Sidenote: Lamar is looking like he's going to miss his 3rd game with an ankle injury. Is it time to question his toughness?
I’ve been pretty even-keeled about Kyler throughout, but I also don’t say, “This is a major test” unless I really expect my mind to be changed if he fails that test. I don’t believe that this is a major test because it’s not going to me any more of less than another game.

As for the side note, Lamar has won MVP and runs WAY more than Kyler. One would expect a high ankle sprain to keep him out.

Reaction score
They are LITERAL QUOTES. That Kyler hasn’t disavowed or...

Forget it. You’ve gone to incredible lengths to defend the indefensible with this team before. Continuing to discuss this one that might actually be your most unbelievable is pointless.
Do you know when the interview was taken? Was his high school years? College? Last week? Do you know in what context the quote was taken from? You know nothing of this quote but want to take it & run with it & blame it on the reason Kyler has sucked lately. Why was he so great earlier in the year if he didn't put the work in?

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Do you know when the interview was taken? Was his high school years? College? Last week? Do you know in what context the quote was taken from? You know nothing of this quote but want to take it & run with it & blame it on the reason Kyler has sucked lately. Why was he so great earlier in the year if he didn't put the work in?
I’m sorry but these objections are getting silly. No one publishes a high school interview on a third year QB. The article says the Cards were 10-4 at the time of the interview. The article is in large part about how Murray approaches his readiness for games. It talks about his mindset. Nothing was taken out of context. When you say we know nothing of the quote, what would you expect to know about a quote in a newspaper article. It’s a credible writer, a credible publication and Murray has launched no protest. I’ve never heard of anyone giving an interview then not reading it. Why is everyone in denial about this interview? It’s real! He said it. It’s not the end of his career. It’s insight into his process and IMO shows a place where he can improve. That’s good news if he’s willing to adjust.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is taking things to new heights! Bravo!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I don't know if this is how you mean it but choosing to see all of the really positive attributes and potential in someone while also recognizing the opportunities to grow isn't "unquestioning support".

You must be registered for see images attach
So now we need to offer "unquestioning support" of KM? SMDH If we recognize opportunities for him to grow we aren't supportive? Wow.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Oh man, I needed a good laugh. Your argument is so ridonkulous!

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
So now we need to offer "unquestioning support" of KM? SMDH If we recognize opportunities for him to grow we aren't supportive? Wow.

That is the exact opposite of what I said.

You brought up "unquestioning support". I said choosing to see all of the really positive attributes and potential in someone while also recognizing the opportunities to grow isn't "unquestioning support".

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
I will jump in w/o reading the other post. Kyler is small, scared and not nearly as fast as reported. He also has terrible demeaner and leadership. I would trade him for almost anything before giving him a crippling contract extension.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This especially. Never saw the goal-post moving and the criticisms that KM is receiving compared to Rosen.
Because Rosen sucked out loud for his entire time here. There were a lot of reasons why, some not of his doing. Murray has shown us glimpses of what he is capable, and Im frothing at the mouth wanting to see that greatness realized. Through a lot of Murray's current struggles, again, a lot of it not of his own doing (it is a team sport after all) we havent seen the spark in his eye that makes us confident he will find his way out of the weeds yet. Currently my opinion is "as the team goes, so goes KM." For him to realize his full potential, he needs to be the one to set the state of the team, grab the team by the scruff of its neck and lead them to greatness.

He's young. Still immature. But I believe he can. No one is tearing him down, we are simply critiquing and questioning when and if he will take the next necessary step. Im going to watch every game I can because I want to witness it when it happens.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Because Rosen sucked out loud for his entire time here. There were a lot of reasons why, some not of his doing. Murray has shown us glimpses of what he is capable, and Im frothing at the mouth wanting to see that greatness realized. Through a lot of Murray's current struggles, again, a lot of it not of his own doing (it is a team sport after all) we havent seen the spark in his eye that makes us confident he will find his way out of the weeds yet. Currently my opinion is "as the team goes, so goes KM." For him to realize his full potential, he needs to be the one to set the state of the team, grab the team by the scruff of its neck and lead them to greatness.

He's young. Still immature. But I believe he can. No one is tearing him down, we are simply critiquing and questioning when and if he will take the next necessary step. Im going to watch every game I can because I want to witness it when it happens.
I think the bolded section is the opposite: as KM goes, so goes the team.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think the bolded section is the opposite: as KM goes, so goes the team.
Fair. Having a hard time making that point. But the sentence after is more what I think we all want to see outta the guy. When things go south, because of the myriad reasons they can in the NFL, we need to see Murray pull his team through that, and currently, he just goes along for the ride.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The idea that Murray believes his statement is concerning in its own right regardless of when it was said.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Fair. Having a hard time making that point. But the sentence after is more what I think we all want to see outta the guy. When things go south, because of the myriad reasons they can in the NFL, we need to see Murray pull his team through that, and currently, he just goes along for the ride.
Pretty much all of the top QB's teams go into the ******* without them. It's the nature of modern football.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m sorry but these objections are getting silly. No one publishes a high school interview on a third year QB. The article says the Cards were 10-4 at the time of the interview. The article is in large part about how Murray approaches his readiness for games. It talks about his mindset. Nothing was taken out of context. When you say we know nothing of the quote, what would you expect to know about a quote in a newspaper article. It’s a credible writer, a credible publication and Murray has launched no protest. I’ve never heard of anyone giving an interview then not reading it. Why is everyone in denial about this interview? It’s real! He said it. It’s not the end of his career. It’s insight into his process and IMO shows a place where he can improve. That’s good news if he’s willing to adjust.

Yeah but was it actually Kyler or just some guy in an Impossible Mission style face mask? You don't know for sure do you...

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I first saw Kyler's quote, I just didn't want to believe it. I'm like, dude wut?? It's like @schutd said.. wanna be a cook or a chef? Trans-Siberian or Mozart? You can't surpass the best without breaking down the best. It's like I can already do what Joe Montana did so who needs to study him?

At my age I have to admit the world around me is not the same as when I grew up.. to me it was cheating to take a calculator to an algebra class, no one had a tattoo unless they were a sailor, an ex-con or a junkie. Now these examples are commonplace.

For right or wrong, I have to accept that younger generations see the world differently than I do. They may think the path my generation took is a waste of time and effort just by virtue of having been born in a world with a different consciousness. More power to them. Some succeed, some fail, but their definition of success is likely different than mine and the only choice I have is to accept it or end up a bitter old man.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm tired of this "He's missing Hudson" or "He's missing Nuk" or "it's the O line/Kliff/aliens" nonsense.

Aaron Rodgers beat us without half his O line and most his WRs. His best WR was Randall Cobb.

Real deal QBs find a way to win by studying and working hard. They grab the mantle and take responsibility. Kyler simply isn't close to this yet.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm tired of this "He's missing Hudson" or "He's missing Nuk" or "it's the O line/Kliff/aliens" nonsense.

Aaron Rodgers beat us without half his O line and most his WRs. His best WR was Randall Cobb.

Real deal QBs find a way to win by studying and working hard. They grab the mantle and take responsibility. Kyler simply isn't close to this yet.
This is sadly true

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

These responses get more and more ridiculous.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Perspective, Aaron Rodgers is 16 years in the game, Kyler is only 3 years in. He might learn it, he might not.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't like the film comment by Kyler but I think people have taken it to an extreme and are now acting like he said I never watch film I don't need to.

Just 2 days ago I watched him in an interview say lots of people that have no idea what they're talking about are saying things right now. And "if you watch the film you know it's not true." He's saying we're not a bad team we're just not making the plays now we were earlier and we're beating ourselves with turnovers, penalties etc. But the KEY part of that is he literally said IF YOU WATCH THE FILM, in other words he is in fact watching film.

Again 2-3 games ago they apologized to us for giving the impression Kyler was looking at the ground on the sideline when he actually had the tablet down there and he was looking at it.

He needs to play better, he probably still needs to learn how to study film and hopefully Colt is helping there and hopefully they enlist someone like Warner in that. But I don't think this is Jake Plummer going to Denver, attending voluntary offseason workouts, and saying this is so much better than what we had in Arizona, and then having to admit to reporters he'd never actually attended them in his ENTIRE CAREER in Arizona.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson