Cardinals @ Lions postgame thread

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Most of Keim's off-season moves seem to be falling apart again, much like last year.

Collins didn't record a single stat today
Moore hasn't been useful in months
Hudson was out again
Watt is still out, obviously
AJ Green makes a shocking amount of mental errors for someone who was once considered to be great.
Wilson is OK but still looks like a #3 CB at best

Plus, Phillips is hurt again, adding to that money sink from last off-season.

Kyler deserves to be blamed for a lot of this loss, but until our GM learns how to legitimately build the lines, this team will struggle. You can't build on a foundation made of bandaids.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I know Aggies football extremely well. Kyle Allen transferred also in the same year. I promise you, you have no clue what you are talking about with that transfer.
Transferring away from the drunk Sumlin probably one of the top 5 moves of his career.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is silly. They are two completely different players. Smh
Yup.

One is transcendent & probably the best defensive player in the league after Donald & Garrett while other is just sub-par at best.

Simmons over Wirfs will forever haunt me.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If that's true then the onus ultimately falls on KK since he was hired to maximize kylers potential. Not limit it. Even if the vice versa aspect is real.
No he wasn’t. According to Keim Kyler want even under consideration when Kliff was hired.

Kliff was hired because he was a supposed offensive Wunderkind. The evidence with McCoy under center IMO supports this theory, but I’m in the minority on that.

Played one year at Oklahoma and won the Heisman. Made the CFP and lost to Alabama. Crashed and burned?

Insert Colt and take away Kyler we go 4-13.
Congrats on the individual accomplishments Kyler. I guess winning the Big XII is a big deal. How’d you do in the BCS? Oh.. you got SMOKED? Sounds good. Like your pro career in literally every big game.

Kyler is a better than average starting QB but the Jay Cutler vibes are starting to waft in.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Yup.

One is transcendent & probably the best defensive player in the league after Donald & Garrett while other is just sub-par at best.

Mine will always be Floyd over DeCastro. A truly indefensible choice IMO.

Wirfs wasn't "this" at Iowa. Heck, Wills and Becton went after us but before him. You cant even be sure we ever graded him that high. Simmons was the college DPOY and clearly the higher graded player by everyone. And I don't know anyone who had Wirfs over Wills, Becton, Simmons, Thomas or Lamb.

And the word is we would have drafted Brown if he was there, so I'd get over it personally.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You've lived one hell of a clean life. I don't think a draft pick would crack top 1000 of "things that haunt me forever".

But, if I had a candidate, it would be passing on Suggs for a fiasco of a trade down

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So much wrong today.

Started with Kliff. Garbage game plan. Garbage play calls. Not enough run, especially early. Couldn't get Kyler in rhythm. Couldn't adjust. Kliff is just incapable of adjusting. Like at all.

From there it rotted from the head. Kyler sucked which threw everyone off.

Right now I'm less worried about winning the division and more concerned about finishing 3rd.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
According to Keim Kyler want even under consideration when Kliff was hired
I don't believe that for one second..but GM's will do and say all sorts of stuff to save face. Especially our guy. Imo.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So much wrong today.

Started with Kliff. Garbage game plan. Garbage play calls. Not enough run, especially early. Couldn't get Kyler in rhythm. Couldn't adjust. Kliff is just incapable of adjusting. Like at all.

From there it rotted from the head. Kyler sucked which threw everyone off.

Right now I'm less worried about winning the division and more concerned about finishing 3rd.

The Niners would have to win out and we’d have to lose out. Don’t see both of those happening and we own the tie breaker.

But maybe.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You've lived one hell of a clean life. I don't think a draft pick would crack top 1000 of "things that haunt me forever".

But, if I had a candidate, it would be passing on Suggs for a fiasco of a trade down
Obviously talking sports life. Not real life.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who on the OLine aside from Humphries (who is average), would start for another team at the beginning of the season? (Excluding Hudson as he didn’t play today)

I'm not buying and of this "the players suck" stuff. They the same players that were 7-0 (yes were 3-4 last 7).

What they are is mentally weak because Kliff is mentally weak.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm not buying and of this "the players suck" stuff. They the same players that were 7-0 (yes were 3-4 last 7).

What they are is mentally weak because Kliff is mentally weak.
I agree with you on Kliffy completely. Kyler played bad. The offensive line is atrocious though - Charles Harris looked like the best player on the field today … Charles Harris

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mine will always be Floyd over DeCastro. A truly indefensible choice IMO.

Wirfs wasn't "this" at Iowa. Heck, Wills and Becton went after us but before him. You cant even be sure we ever graded him that high. Simmons was the college DPOY and clearly the higher graded player by everyone. And I don't know anyone who had Wirfs over Wills, Becton, Simmons, Thomas or Lamb.

And the word is we would have drafted Brown if he was there, so I'd get over it personally.
I personally don’t give a damn who was graded higher than who leading up to the draft. Fact of the matter is that I & some others on here were banging the table for Wirfs only to be let down by drafting a guy who had no position & was known to be soft upfront. Becton had questions about being raw, Wills had questions about possibly being another Bama OL bust. It was a dumb pick the second it was announced & it’s still a dumb pick today. You should know it is by now.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingman