Cardinals @ Lions postgame thread

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who on the OLine aside from Humphries (who is average), would start for another team at the beginning of the season? (Excluding Hudson as he didn’t play today)
Beachum and Pugh have started their entire careers and have played about 9 seasons or so. It wasn't long ago at all we were singing the praises of Kugler and the line.

You have to wonder, in the 3rd year, what happens to this team over bye weeks? Every single unit is playing worse. That even includes the Bears game which was due to the turnovers.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
So much wrong today.

Started with Kliff. Garbage game plan. Garbage play calls. Not enough run, especially early. Couldn't get Kyler in rhythm. Couldn't adjust. Kliff is just incapable of adjusting. Like at all.

From there it rotted from the head. Kyler sucked which threw everyone off.

Right now I'm less worried about winning the division and more concerned about finishing 3rd.

How is Kyler supposed to get in rhythm if we’re running the ball?

Don’t blame the process for the results. Kliff didn’t choose to throw the ball to Moore at the LOS on 3rd and 8 to protect his completion percentage.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's the thing that scares me. We're trending in the wrong direction at the end of the season, again.
Beachum and Pugh have started their entire careers and have played about 9 seasons or so. It wasn't long ago at all we were singing the praises of Kugler and the line.

You have to wonder, in the 3rd year, what happens to this team over bye weeks? Every single unit is playing worse. That even includes the Bears game which was due to the turnovers.
True. The entire team is suddenly bad. I mean real bad. Just not getting it. Where is all the leadership we bought in,

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yup.

One is transcendent & probably the best defensive player in the league after Donald & Garrett while other is just sub-par at best.

Simmons over Wirfs will forever haunt me.
That's why I asked the question. Why is that? Physically they look almost identical with Simmons having longer arms and Parsons having bigger hands. Is it mental heart, personality, discipline, skills, scheme, etc?

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

That doesn’t make Beechum or Pugh starter worthy on other teams. Our interior line is garbage w out Hudson. Hump is average at best and the less important right tackle position of Beechum is below average but not bad.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I guess better than hanging his head and saying "we don't have any answers". But I'm not buying whatever K1 K2 and VJ are selling though Doctor.
Understood.

I actually wondered today if Vance was saving all of our blitz packages for other games. It is so odd to me that we dont blitz on at least half of our plays. That's how truly awful our pass rush has been. Of course there is no way I can believe that VJ is playing chess though..... so I usually just take another sip of my drink. haha

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Nah..... Two totally different players. MP was an edge rusher in High School here in Harrisburg. He was a true stud who played out of position in Penn State because of other players they had.

Parsons was a top 5 pick until he opted out. Somehow it allowed him to sneak down the board. All I could think was recency bias. I was pretty shocked when the Dolphins and then Panthers let him fall. He would have been a perfect Panther.

And I still think the boys should have taken Slater over him.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That doesn’t make Beechum or Pugh starter worthy on other teams. Our interior line is garbage w out Hudson. Hump is average at best and the less important right tackle position of Beechum is below average but not bad.
There is a big difference to me the way Kyler looks and plays when Hudson is playing or when he is not. Murray seems so unsure when Hudson is out

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison