Can we stop wasting Rondale Moore?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it's safe to say that teams have figured out what we do with Rondale and take it away quite successfully.

It's hasn't work since Game 5 when he was averaging 12 yards per target. Since he's averaged less than 5.

It's not fooling anybody any more. We need to change how we use him, or at least not make it ALL behind the LOS.

You must be registered for see images attach

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's safe to say that teams have figured out what we do with Rondale and take it away quite successfully.

It's hasn't work since Game 5 when he was averaging 12 yards per target. Since he's averaged less than 5.

It's not fooling anybody any more. We need to change how we use him, or at least not make it ALL behind the LOS.

Definitely a troubling trend. I do think he gets more game time with D-Hop apparently out for some time. Maybe his route tree expands as well...

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
He got way behind the defense on the one route where Murray underthrew the ball, and threw it too far to the side line.

If Murray throws that sooner, and on target, it was an easy touchdown. I need to watch it again, but I think Moore had four or five steps on his man when the ball was thrown. Toasted him.

So there's hope. I like the kid. I think his head is on straight. He looks like he's all business.

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s been wide open down the field several times through the season and KM has went elsewhere. Been pointed out a few times. But mostly agree they need to expand his routes 100%

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He needs to work on just turning up field and get what he can. He is too prone to run backward to try to get more yardage and, more often than not, doesn't. That being said, the kid is greased lightning and I look forward to watching him the next few years.
Contrarily he has made some damn big 3rd down conversions weaving through traffic and just ghosting defenders. On plays that 95% of other player would have been stopped. He can certainly be electric at times.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Contrarily he has made some damn big 3rd down conversions weaving through traffic and just ghosting defenders. On plays that 95% of other player would have been stopped. He can certainly be electric at times.
True. I think the biggest problem is Kliff's stupid infatuation with the lateral pass to Rondale. I want someone to rip the play sheet out of KK's hands and mark through those plays with a sharpie and hand it back!

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Tired of all the sideways decoy or not stuff with Moore. Show it once or twice but I would rather have him be that up the field WR and use his cutting ability to get open. I don’t think many 3rd or 4th CBs could consistently stay with him. Time to turn him loose

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Been saying that. Why he is not being used the same way Andy Reid uses T. Hill is beyond me? The kid is very talented.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
True. I think the biggest problem is Kliff's stupid infatuation with the lateral pass to Rondale. I want someone to rip the play sheet out of KK's hands and mark through those plays with a sharpie and hand it back!
Especially when u have the most accurate qb on deep passes

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Especially when u have the most accurate qb on deep passes
The few times he’s been wide open over the top Kyler didn’t throw to him. But yes def needs more opportunity

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He’s been wide open down the field several times through the season and KM has went elsewhere. Been pointed out a few times. But mostly agree they need to expand his routes 100%
Hell, he was open a few times downfield when Colt was starting against SF.

Kyler & Colt have just missed him.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cardinals RedZone passing is a problem. Fix it Kliff.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
It seems that half the time Murray is having to dance around or totally leave the pocket which to a great degree negates whatever play was called and the routes being run. Until we get a line that can form a pocket from which Murray can have a few seconds to observe the routes being run as the play describes, plays will be more of the pot luck variety. That can lead to a lot of creativity on Murray's part, but may also lead young receivers in limbo hoping that Murray has rolled to their side of the field and spots them in all the excitement of a broken play.

What does all that have to do with the op's statement? I have no idea. Where am I? What day is this?

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Well this is our chance.
Move Moore directly from 4 to 1...

It's the best option...and we learn if he can play outside

Man I don't know if it's actually possible, but if it is then it does seem to make a ton of sense doesn't it?

Last edited:

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Maybe because of the number of other WR targets Kyler has. And Conner has emerged as a one handed receiver. :D Moore shouild get more targets with DHop out.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
there are more options than lateral or deep routes though right?
On these issues, I tend to trust the coaching staff who just have VOLUMES more information than we do.

Maybe on those routes where the quarterback "just missed" Moore, it was actually the WR that was in the wrong place by running a sloppy route.

Maybe Moore is consistently taking the wrong option when he has an option route?

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I certainly agree he has potential. I wonder about his focus. On that wasted pass last night it sure looked liked better concentration would have kept him in bounds. Rookies get few chances so they have to take advantage of those opportunities.