Signings, Trades, Rumors including Suns and NBA

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I wonder if Indiana would make a deal involving Ayton for Sabonis straight up.

I checked and that doesn't quite work under the cap but if we included Jalen Smith then it would work. Its not like Stix has value beyond being a small expiring contract. He's not in our rotation and it makes no sense for us to play him since we declined his option so really he's just a throw in to make salaries work.

I think we'd need a pick in return also, even one with some protection.
Pass even straight up

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is the guy I wish the Suns could figure out a way to get... Myles Turner.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Nope!

Sounds like he wants to be the man and that’s the exact opposite mentality we have on this team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm could he fit into our team mentality if he wants to be a star?

I think Turner would fit nicely on the Suns. I'm not sure what is going on with the Pacers but they have too much talent not to be playing better. I sure don't want to see him on another Western Comference team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope!

Sounds like he wants to be the man and that’s the exact opposite mentality we have on this team.

Actually I think Turner is right. He is pretty much a role player on the Pacers and I think he could be so much more.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Suns are going to be active sooner rather than later in improving their roster.

I'm expecting a minor trade around December 15th or shortly thereafter. That's not to say they won't leave the 15th roster spot open for a buyout later in the season.

They have been reduced to playing a two-way player in Wainright, Nader's return seems questionable, Smith is not playing meaninful minutes plus Kaminsky and Saric are out. Something has to give.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If they really don't want to pay Ayton max money then Sabonis is probably the best replacement they could trade for. If there was a way to bring back Turner and Sabonis then it would be better for the Suns but that would involve moving a rotation player as well, likely Cam Johnson.

I was only floating the idea, not endorsing it.
We will match whatever he is offered and be happy about it.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Ayton offers that defensive shoot changing ability that we need, plus just getting 10+ boards a night. Sabonis is WAY better on offense. Now if Sabonis JR could play defense like Sabonis SR..........

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
TBO if I was a player or agent I might avoid the Suns just from past BS.
We need to purge the end of the bench and get a few more of CP3s boy toys on the team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s fine but that doesn’t fit us.

The Suns likely don't have the assets to trade for Turner but I don't know how you reach conclusion "that he "doesn't fit us."

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns likely don't have the assets to trade for Turner but I don't know how you reach conclusion "that he "doesn't fit us."

Because he hasn’t proven he’s a star or even a guy that can take that leap as of right now he’s a good role player who sees himself as a star.

On a team like Indiana if he was going to be “the man” opportunities have been there to take the lead and be that guy. It’s not like they just have so much talent he can’t break through.

We are the ultimate play your role team. We’ve seen Booker and Ayton sacrifice scoring number to play the team game. This isn’t the team if your looking to be The Man we got that already

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because he hasn’t proven he’s a star or even a guy that can take that leap as of right now he’s a good role player who sees himself as a star.

On a team like Indiana if he was going to be “the man” opportunities have been there to take the lead and be that guy. It’s not like they just have so much talent he can’t break through.

We are the ultimate play your role team. We’ve seen Booker and Ayton sacrifice scoring number to play the team game. This isn’t the team if your looking to be The Man we got that already

A starter and a role player are usually two different things. Maybe Turner doesn't like how the Pacers use him.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

You’re right except for the illusion that Ayton has sacrificed anything. He is playing up to his current level. Can he be better? Sure. But he’s not sacrificing anything.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the Suns are going to be active sooner rather than later in improving their roster.

I'm expecting a minor trade around December 15th or shortly thereafter. That's not to say they won't leave the 15th roster spot open for a buyout later in the season.

They have been reduced to playing a two-way player in Wainright, Nader's return seems questionable, Smith is not playing meaninful minutes plus Kaminsky and Saric are out. Something has to give.
You don't know James Jones very well do you.

If they make a deal - and that's a big if - it isn't going to be till right before the deadline.

I don't think your scenerio is very accurate either, Kaminsky and Nader are both likely to be back in a couple weeks.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You’re right except for the illusion that Ayton has sacrificed anything. He is playing up to his current level. Can he be better? Sure. But he’s not sacrificing anything.
I have to agree.

No coach would let him be a center point of an offense because he is far to inefficent at it to allow a team to win.

He wants more touches he needs to get better, it's that simple.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Myles Turner could be that power forward the Suns have always wanted.

He can defend, rebound and shoot the three.
The suns are not interested unless they have decided they want to trade Ayton - which I really doubt.

Turner is a center in today's NBA, and you can't play two centers.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't know James Jones very well do you.

If they make a deal - and that's a big if - it isn't going to be till right before the deadline.

I don't think your scenerio is very accurate either, Kaminsky and Nader are both likely to be back in a couple weeks.

A minor trade and a buyout or other move before the trade deadline need not be conflicting.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The suns are not interested unless they have decided they want to trade Ayton - which I really doubt.

Turner is a center in today's NBA, and you can't play two centers.

As I mentioned earlier, the Suns don't have the assets to get Turner at least without breaking up their core.

I disagree that Turner can't play power forward.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A starter and a role player are usually two different things. Maybe Turner doesn't like how the Pacers use him.

Not always. I consider Crowder and Bridges role players. I would say Turner( who I really like) is kind of like a Bridges level starter. He’s a key piece but not a star

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have to agree.

No coach would let him be a center point of an offense because he is far to inefficent at it to allow a team to win.

He wants more touches he needs to get better, it's that simple.

You can argue a lot of things about Ayton but efficiency is not one of them and it is legitimately not up for debate. It’s there in black and white

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Sure he has his field goal attempts were down by almost 5 a game last year. His field goal % is at his all time high suggesting he’s much more efficient than ever.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You can argue a lot of things about Ayton but efficiency is not one of them and it is legitimately not up for debate. It’s there in black and white
Pretty sure he’s talking about turner in regards to efficiency.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure he’s talking about turner in regards to efficiency.
I guess we'll have to hear from Proximo as I really thought he was talking about Ayton given that he was responding to a comment by Chap that Ayton hadn't sacrificed anything.

Regardless, it's probably true about both players. The Pacers have problems with both on the court at the same time but between the two of them, Turner is the only one that can even pretend to be a power forward. So he's forced to play a position that he's less suited to which hurts his offense.

And we struggled when we tried to make Ayton a focal point of the offense early last season. Our guards racked up a lot of turnovers on passes to Ayton that were catchable (if not always perfect) not to mention the possessions where he'd fumble the ball and recover it and then pass it back out, leaving us very little time on the clock to execute our offense.

Not that any of it matters. I wouldn't trade DA for Sabonis and Turner combined. And we don't have the assets necessary to acquire either of them unless we part with someone like Ayton.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess we'll have to hear from Proximo as I really thought he was talking about Ayton given that he was responding to a comment by Chap that Ayton hadn't sacrificed anything.

Regardless, it's probably true about both players. The Pacers have problems with both on the court at the same time but between the two of them, Turner is the only one that can even pretend to be a power forward. So he's forced to play a position that he's less suited to which hurts his offense.

And we struggled when we tried to make Ayton a focal point of the offense early last season. Our guards racked up a lot of turnovers on passes to Ayton that were catchable (if not always perfect) not to mention the possessions where he'd fumble the ball and recover it and then pass it back out, leaving us very little time on the clock to execute our offense.

Not that any of it matters. I wouldn't trade DA for Sabonis and Turner combined. And we don't have the assets necessary to acquire either of them unless we part with someone like Ayton.

Like you said early last season but what about middle, late or in the playoffs? Cause when we went to him he came up big time after time and proved he can handle the offense on a given night.

Didn’t we just play the warriors in the biggest game of the NBA season that had the entire league watching. The Suns made it a legit point to go to him often and he balled out giving us our signature win of the season so far.

Can he do it every night? No but he’s more than proven he can do it when called on and that’s what we need.

I get it. He’s always gonna be that rookie struggling in the eyes of a lot of people.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort