Wk 14-LA Rams @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 12/6/21-12/12/21

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Don’t be late to your seats! Every game I go to cards fans ain’t seated as we fall behind. Organization often opens the gates too late, that’s what fans can do!

im in Valparaiso chile looking for moby dick, but first I Havel a travel quarantine, just got WiFi. So may annoy some now, thought about rams site but can’t stomach that.

we have yet to establish the run early, don’t know if we can or not? Kliff has Never tried, Conner gets like 2 carries until 3/4 way through the first 1/2. a lot more obvious when you can’t watch, just follow the play by play on computer.

but now chase coming back hopefully, he may get 2 carries also Early. It’s working, defenses play the pass and we run on them, but often go 3 and out to start. Passes are just more risky, interception. Sacks, incompletions, QB fumbles.

rams are tough, I think the start is important, they gave up last time, yelled uncle, don’t have the fortitude, little adversity and Stafford goes to crap. So give em a lot of adversity - let Conner punch them in the lip, and don’t hold or foul on the play. Is my hope

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Still doesn’t account for not playing over Vallejo and walker, particularly in blowouts. That’s a LOT of lack of trust in his ability imo. It’s not just a vet playing well in front of him.
the only thing i can think of is that Tanner and Walker have more experience playing in the scheme

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to further highlight bets

The Cards are -2.5. Over / Under is 51.5

Cardinals against the spread are 9-3. Los Angeles Rams are 5-7

Murray sits at +750 for the MVP.

Recommendation:

The Rams have played in 6 road games so far this year. They are giving up 23.5 PPG on the road while the Cardinals are averaging just 22.6 points a game in 5 home games. The Cardinals number is really thrown off by the 10 point Carolina game where Kyler didn't start. Pulling that game out puts the Cardinals at 25.75 PPG at home with Murray starting.

That seems right in line with the spread so shade me towards the Cards covering 7 - 2 with Murray starting. Unders have been crushing this late in the year and with 51.5 being well over the 48 total averages these teams are getting I like the under here as well. Prediction: Cardinals 27-20

This will be the last week you can get Murray at +750 for the MVP if this prediction holds up.

Corbin

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is just patently false.
Not really, do you go to games? What year? You can say what you want but reading your forums for many years there is many complaints in regards to Rams games and the amount of Rams fans in the stands.
Yeah maybe 10% Rams fans.

The Rams don't really have a huge following.

@Corbin even LA, the Rams are like the 6th most popular team here. I'm exaggerating for effect, but the Raiders have a much bigger fanbase in their own city.
Again do you go to games? As I said I haven’t been in a many years but when I did we had quite a bit of Rams fans in those stands. 10% is a gross understatement. Hell I’m willing to bet this Monday there will be at least 30%.

Ps 6th most popular NFL team in LA? :Dold:Doldokay:thumbup:

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Don’t be late to your seats! Every game I go to cards fans ain’t seated as we fall behind. Organization often opens the gates too late, that’s what fans can do!

im in Valparaiso chile looking for moby dick, but first I Havel a travel quarantine, just got WiFi. So may annoy some now, thought about rams site but can’t stomach that.

we have yet to establish the run early, don’t know if we can or not? Kliff has Never tried, Conner gets like 2 carries until 3/4 way through the first 1/2. a lot more obvious when you can’t watch, just follow the play by play on computer.

but now chase coming back hopefully, he may get 2 carries also Early. It’s working, defenses play the pass and we run on them, but often go 3 and out to start. Passes are just more risky, interception. Sacks, incompletions, QB fumbles.

rams are tough, I think the start is important, they gave up last time, yelled uncle, don’t have the fortitude, little adversity and Stafford goes to crap. So give em a lot of adversity - let Conner punch them in the lip, and don’t hold or foul on the play. Is my hope

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

That's from 2019. It's not close to 40% Rams fans.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

That's from 2019. It's not close to 40% Rams fans.
Yea that Ram fan is FOS. Even at the Viking game this year which had A Lot of fans and I was on the Vikings side. Much better traveling fan base then LA and I would put it at 30% maybe at absolute max…. I’m betting the Packers were probably a little higher. This guy was probably sitting on visiting side and only looking at the seats right around him. Because he is outa his mind.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah thinking about it, that week 16 2018 game (the Wilkes year) I doubt many Cardinals fans showed up to that game to watch the 3-10Cardinals face the 11-2 Rams. Maybe he is fixated on that.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The article questioned the health of our O line. I think it's more to protect them from other teams picking them. There have been several teams with OL and CB injuries and we don't want to be without a Plan B to deal with any potential injuries.

Someone's the hottest team is the healthier team at the end of the season.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The rams lose when they get the crap beat out of them.

I'd love a world class bully ball beat down on Monday night but this is McVay, and they may come out very motivated to make up for the last loss.

We have to punch them full throttle in the face on drive 1.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Have a good friend who lives in LA---- says the fans there are a joke. Calls them them the worst bandwagoners hes ever seen. I believe him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Have a good friend who lives in LA---- says the fans there are a joke. Calls them them the worst bandwagoners hes ever seen. I believe him.

Their first year in LA in the Colliseum I recall it being a ghost town. But then you would expect a lot of bandwagon fans for a franchise that just moved there.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Not really, do you go to games? What year? You can say what you want but reading your forums for many years there is many complaints in regards to Rams games and the amount of Rams fans in the stands.

Again do you go to games? As I said I haven’t been in a many years but when I did we had quite a bit of Rams fans in those stands. 10% is a gross understatement. Hell I’m willing to bet this Monday there will be at least 30%.

I've literally never heard a peep about Rams fans here. That's what happens when a team is bad for 15 years .

I live in LA and have for 5 years. The Rams are less popular than the Lakers, Dodgers, Raiders, USC...so maybe they are 5th, but Kings have a robust fan base in LA as well.

Rams aren't even close in fandom to the top 4.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Well I meant in the NFC. For some reason and I think it’s because of weather the AFC it does happen. And your article states 4-5 years but lost from the AFC
I think what you're saying. There are a lot of other articles that cover NFC and AFC.. That was just one of the first ones that I found that had a good explanation, regardless.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I've literally never heard a peep about Rams fans here. That's what happens when a team is bad for 15 years .

I live in LA and have for 5 years. The Rams are less popular than the Lakers, Dodgers, Raiders, USC...so maybe they are 5th, but Kings have a robust fan base in LA as well.

Rams aren't even close in fandom to the top 4.
I've lived out here in Orange county since 2005 and I can tell you that the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim even have a bigger following than the Rams.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I’ve lived in LA for 20 years. No one really gives a crap about the Rams. Lakers, Dodgers, USC football all tower over the Rams who are probably about even with the Kings and only above the Chargers as far as fandom and coverage.

Even during their Super Bowl run, the radio talked more about the Lakers and Luke Walton struggling as coach in the lead up to Sunday than they did the Rams.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I’ve lived in LA for 20 years. No one really gives a crap about the Rams. Lakers, Dodgers, USC football all tower over the Rams who are probably about even with the Kings and only above the Chargers as far as fandom and coverage.

Even during their Super Bowl run, the radio talked more about the Lakers and Luke Walton struggling as coach in the lead up to Sunday than they did the Rams.
I'd say Rams are about on par with the Clippers.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Their first year in LA in the Colliseum I recall it being a ghost town. But then you would expect a lot of bandwagon fans for a franchise that just moved there.
Nah man LA is hardcore Raiders fans. You see people in Raiders gear and Raiders bumper stickers 20× more often than Rams stuff.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort