Oklahoma Targeting Kliff Kingsbury for HC Vacancy

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cardinals G.M. Steve Keim: We don’t want to lose Kliff Kingsbury

When asked earlier this week about the possibility that the University of Oklahoma will try to bring failed former Texas Tech coach, but successful (for now) Arizona Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury back to college football, Kingsbury wisely didn’t slam the door on an opportunity that could help Kingsbury secure a second contract with his current team.

Cardinals General Manager Steve Keim was asked about the situation on Friday. Like Kingsbury, Keim said all the right things.

“To me, it’s a compliment to our organization,” Keim said during his appearance on the Burns and Gambo Show on 98.7 FM Arizona Sports. “It really goes to validate the the things Michael [Bidwill] and I saw in him when we made that hire, and he’s obviously earned it. The guy has done a tremendous job. He and our organization have grown together. We’re really excited about the future when you look at the work he’s put in, the improvements he’s made, the improvements we’ve made with the roster.”

Keim didn’t say whether the Cardinals and Kingsbury are working on an extension to a contract that expires after the current season.

“Any time you hear someone attached to a job, especially in today’s day and age, when sometimes the rumors are correct and sometimes they’re not, obviously we don’t want to lose Kliff,” Keim said. “He’s done a phenomenal job and Michael and I are his biggest fans. He’s got a great job here, as Kyler Murray mentioned, and I think the future is bright.”

The future may be bright, but at some point the present needs to be shiny. With the shine coming from the silver or the gold that the Cardinals have stuffed into Kingsbury’s pockets.

The third-year coach has done a nice job this year, given that he entered the season squarely on the hot seat. With nine wins in 11 games, the seat has cooled considerably. Now, Kingsbury may be in a position to put the heat on the Cardinals to pay him or risk seeing him walk.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ugh. That Instagram model looks like a collie. And absolutely screams "high maintenance!" at the top of her fake lungs.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211204-173042.png
    Screenshot_20211204-173042.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 21

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oregon will officially open up tomorrow! Looking forward to the tweet connecting him! I honestly think Pete Carol could end up there.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Brent Venables has an excellent opportunity to be successful at OU, and I'm confident he will continue Oklahoma's proud winning tradition.

Meanwhile, I think there's a good chance Lincoln Riley will fade away into oblivion out on the west coast where all his games will be on at 1 AM EST. The next USC coach to to fail to resurrect a program that is moving into Nebraska territory (sorry section 11) in terms of being a has-been.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Brent Venables has an excellent opportunity to be successful at OU, and I'm confident he will continue Oklahoma's proud winning tradition.

Meanwhile, I think there's a good chance Lincoln Riley will fade away into oblivion out on the west coast where all his games will be on at 1 AM EST. The next USC coach to to fail to resurrect a program that is moving into Nebraska territory (sorry section 11) in terms of being a has-been.
Nah USC will be fine. Its biggest issue was Clay Helton was a terrible coach and recruiter. He let top-tier QBs like Bryce Young escape SoCal. Now that you got a guy who produced B2B Heisman winners, there’s no reason for any premier SoCal QB to leave the state. USC should’ve never let the Matre Day pipeline break. Riley will fix that

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah USC will be fine. Its biggest issue was Clay Helton was a terrible coach and recruiter. He let top-tier QBs like Bryce Young escape SoCal. Now that you got a guy who produced B2B Heisman winners, there’s no reason for any premier SoCal QB to leave the state. USC should’ve never let the Matre Day pipeline break. Riley will fix that

A bigger concern than the game time is the absurdity of the PAC-12 network deal. That's what is choking the conference on recruiting, you are on a Network that only a teeny portion of the country sees.

Hopefully Riley's name recognition can reverse that

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
A bigger concern than the game time is the absurdity of the PAC-12 network deal. That's what is choking the conference on recruiting, you are on a Network that only a teeny portion of the country sees.

I watched just about every ASU game this year on ESPN.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

George Kliakov will be a bigger influence than Riley.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Agreed. Hate to see USC resuscitated, but it’s the true definition of sleeping giant. Doesn’t take much to get it going again.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Hate to see USC resuscitated, but it’s the true definition of sleeping giant. Doesn’t take much to get it going again.
Yes. USC is so different from Nebraska. Location does matter.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
So excited to see a legit coach at Miami. Same with LSU and USC. I love it when college football has it's powerhouses rolling and you get these schools beating the crap out of each other with amazing talent.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So excited to see a legit coach at Miami. Same with LSU and USC. I love it when college football has it's powerhouses rolling and you get these schools beating the crap out of each other with amazing talent.
I just want some more diversity. Enough with Alabama, Clemson, Ohio st, Georgia, Oklahoma, LSU. I want FSU, Miami, USC, Michigan, Texas, notre dame, penn state, Oregon, Florida, Tennessee, Washington, to cycle through the playoffs regularly again and sprinkle in the boise states, Cincinnati’s, UCFs, Cinderella’s again.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard