Suns @ Warriors Friday game thread 12-3-2021

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
The Suns were down Booker, Kaminsky, Nader and Saric. We won't know who the best team is until the playoffs. The Warriors were better last night. That's all we know.

Let's see what each team looks like after the trade deadline and buyouts to have a better idea.

The Suns weren't supposed to get by the Lakers or anyone else in the playoffs last season.
And the Warriors are missing Klay and Wiseman.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And the Warriors are missing Klay and Wiseman.
One is (or at least, was) a net negative and the other hasn't played a game in two and a half years. Not quite the same thing as losing your leading scorer a few days earlier.

I'd think having to replace Lee and Iggy for our first game makes for a better excuse, they aren't great but that hurts any team's rotation.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Neither team is a finished product.

The Suns should add at least one more player with the open roster spot.

You’ve been saying that for months. And any player they can just add, that isn’t going to be a buyout guy, will be about as helpful as an obviously done for the year Saric or a never productive Nader.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And before anyone gets stupid and accuses me of saying “we’ve got no chance to beat the warriors!” that’s not close to what I believe. I think we’re the best two teams in the league and a matchup could come down to whoever has Game 7 at home.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’ve been saying that for months. And any player they can just add, that isn’t going to be a buyout guy, will be about as helpful as an obviously done for the year Saric or a never productive Nader.

Cam Payne was added before the Orlando bubble. Torrey Craig was added in March of last season.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Talking numbers in this instance is maybe literally the stupidest thing I’ve seen on this board in some time. If you actually watch him you can’t deny he goes soft. Shooting a high percentage doesn’t mean he goes hard it means he hits a high number of his soft shots. Yes, he’s got skill. Doesn’t mean he doesn’t miss a couple layups last night when he had virtually no one in his way. We get it you have the biggest man crush on Ayton this side of a poster here who goes by initials. Ayton is a terrific player. Doesn’t mean he doesn’t have shortcomings.

So the numbers, percentages and stats are stupid huh. Interesting.

But yeah man he should totally be only missing 2 maybe 3 shots a game. Super realistic.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And before anyone gets stupid and accuses me of saying “we’ve got no chance to beat the warriors!” that’s not close to what I believe. I think we’re the best two teams in the league and a matchup could come down to whoever has Game 7 at home.

Whoa whoa whoa hey buddy no need to call people names or insult anyone. I don’t think anyone here is “stupid”

I mean I’m deeply offended by random stuff on this message board that doesn’t reference me. I just take it upon myself to be offended. I mean it’s not my fault I was clearly raised with no strong male models in my home.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When I heard his casual comment it crossed my mind that it might be a message to the Dallas Mavericks. He and Jason were reportedly close the 3 or 4 years Jason was his Head Coach.
He probably wants to go to the Lakers, like everybody else seems like they want to do. It'll probably be AD for Giannis or something like that.

Disgusted sarcasm here. Not a real prediction.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He probably wants to go to the Lakers, like everybody else seems like they want to do. It'll probably be AD for Giannis or something like that.

Disgusted sarcasm here. Not a real prediction.
I know you're not serious but he's one of the few in this league where I can say he doesn't seem the type. And as I recall, I believe he said something about looking for that next challenge. I really believe he's eyeing the Mavericks.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know you're not serious but he's one of the few in this league where I can say he doesn't seem the type. And as I recall, I believe he said something about looking for that next challenge. I really believe he's eyeing the Mavericks.
If he really wants a challenge, he could go to the Knicks. Winning a chip for the Knicks would make him immortal.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he really wants a challenge, he could go to the Knicks. Winning a chip for the Knicks would make him immortal.
True. The Knicks haven't won it all in many years and there is no other market like it.

I really have no insight into what Giannis is thinking, I was just speculating because of his prior close relationship with Kidd.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So the numbers, percentages and stats are stupid huh. Interesting.

But yeah man he should totally be only missing 2 maybe 3 shots a game. Super realistic.
No, they are stupid when discussing tgr manner in which a player plays bc they tell exactly ZERO about that. And that’s what we are talking about.

Let’s put it this way, if Ayton were on a court with zero players and just doing layup drills and missed 3 of 10 the stats would say he’s hitting 70% and you’d say it’s unrealistic for people to expect him to just miss two shots per game. That’s the extreme equivalent to what we are talking about.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No, they are stupid when discussing tgr manner in which a player plays bc they tell exactly ZERO about that. And that’s what we are talking about.

Let’s put it this way, if Ayton were on a court with zero players and just doing layup drills and missed 3 of 10 the stats would say he’s hitting 70% and you’d say it’s unrealistic for people to expect him to just miss two shots per game. That’s the extreme equivalent to what we are talking about.

It’s not but you can’t wrap your head around it. When I tell guys to go do something I don’t care how you do it as long as it gets done. To complain about how it got done and not the end result is a waste of time. But you would rather complain about the process instead of the results.

If I have a player shooting 60% from the field I don’t care if there all windmill dunks from the free throw line or granny shots from 15 feet. Do they go in? That’s all that matters. 2 points is 2 points.

Bottom line when he takes a shot he scores 6 out of 10 times. I don’t care how he does it. Like I’ve shown you the that’s pretty on par with the really good guys who put up that many shots no matter what style they played

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It’s not but you can’t wrap your head around it. When I tell guys to go do something I don’t care how you do it as long as it gets done. To complain about how it got done and not the end result is a waste of time. But you would rather complain about the process instead of the results.

If I have a player shooting 60% from the field I don’t care if there all windmill dunks from the free throw line or granny shots from 15 feet. Do they go in? That’s all that matters. 2 points is 2 points.

Bottom line when he takes a shot he scores 6 out of 10 times. I don’t care how he does it. Like I’ve shown you the that’s pretty on par with the really good guys who put up that many shots no matter what style they played
I think that how you score DOES matter though. As we've all seen, there are certain ways of scoring that are easier to stop when crunch time basketball starts...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

lol you don’t get it. The layups he’s missing because he’s going soft are not “getting done.” Again if these are all shots he WOULD make if he went strong then his going soft is a failure in each of those individual occasions. You don’t get it. That’s okay.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think that how you score DOES matter though. As we've all seen, there are certain ways of scoring that are easier to stop when crunch time basketball starts...
He just doesn’t get it. Like there was a play in the warriors game where Ayton got the ball literally right next to the basket. Instead of jumping and dunking he stayed on the ground and threw up some weird spinning shot that hit the rim and spun off. He was shocked it didn’t go in. Know what would have gone in? An easy dunk. And it’s about being lazy or soft or both. But because he makes a couple other fadeaways finito is fine that he doesn’t make those plays. Because who needs those easy points, right?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There we go D. Let’s end this half with a pile driving score!

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He just doesn’t get it. Like there was a play in the warriors game where Ayton got the ball literally right next to the basket. Instead of jumping and dunking he stayed on the ground and threw up some weird spinning shot that hit the rim and spun off. He was shocked it didn’t go in. Know what would have gone in? An easy dunk. And it’s about being lazy or soft or both. But because he makes a couple other fadeaways finito is fine that he doesn’t make those plays. Because who needs those easy points, right?

Well teach me. Like I’ve said what would be an acceptable percentage for him to shoot in the NBA in your opinion. Because as you say he’s leaving points on the board. He’s already at 60%

So how many baskets do you think Ayton leaves on the floor a game? Because you only have 4 misses to work with. 1? 2? I keep asking what’s realistic for you.

So say you think he misses 1 shot a game because he’s going up “soft” that puts him at 70%

Do you understand that Hakeem, Robinson, Shaq, Jabar KG,Dirk NEVER came close to 70% from the field. Do you know why? Because it’s unrealistic that’s why. The elite for his position with the amount of shots top out at about 60% and where Ayton is at.

I mean I keep asking and you keep not answering. Hey how many baskets do you think he leaves on the floor because he’s “going up soft” please tell me.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Dirks go to move was a turn around fade away from 15’ off one foot

Amare attacked with everything he got but was sent home year after year by a guy who’s trade mark shot was a 15’ bank shot.

He played plenty of crunch time basketball last year right? And I think we can all agree he was phenomenal especially considering he was 22 and it was his first time in the playoffs

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose