Suns @ Warriors Friday game thread 12-3-2021

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ayton has no major weaknesses in his game. KAT is arguably the worst rim protector in the NBA. The offensive production we’d get for swapping DA and KAT would be nominal at best, especially considering that KAT’s points would come at the expense of others and not in addition to. He’s a complete mismatch for what this team needs.

This trade proposal needs the Ole Yeller treatment.
This just isn’t true. He still is incapable of getting his own shot. That’s a MAJOR weakness.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ayton has no major weaknesses in his game. KAT is arguably the worst rim protector in the NBA. The offensive production we’d get for swapping DA and KAT would be nominal at best, especially considering that KAT’s points would come at the expense of others and not in addition to. He’s a complete mismatch for what this team needs.

This trade proposal needs the Ole Yeller treatment.
And this is also wrong. It’s like the argument someone was making about bridges being able to take players off the dribble replacing his slashing to the bucket. It’s wrong. If you don’t think the suns overall average scoring wouldn’t increase with KAT I don’t know what to tell you, I think you’re out to lunch.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
BTW - Ayton is starting to evolve into a 20/11 guy even as a third option. He’s closer to being an all-NBA guy than he is an expendable bargaining chip.

Here’s the comprehensive list of players I’d consider in a DA trade:

Jokic
Embiid

Those are the only guys I think would be a significant upgrade over DA, considering that the proposed KAT trade would involve picks and another player
:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love seeing Ayton now visibly upset when he misses shots or fails to complete and-1's. It's quite a nice turn he is making if he keeps this attitude rolling after CP3 hangs it up.

And I'm good with our performance last night. I love watching this team when ball movement is crisp and shots are falling. Watching Book go down last time and then Mikal walking off upset is about all the bad mojo I can take.

We need to be smart this year. Keep CP3's minutes down and the team well rested for when it matters. I truly don't fear any road crowd except the Warriors and even that place is muted now that they are out of Oracle.

We all wanted to see Ayton show more emotion. I like what I'm seeing and there is plenty of time for growth. He even brought the ball down court last night on one occasion.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I love seeing Ayton now visibly upset when he misses shots or fails to complete and-1's. It's quite a nice turn he is making if he keeps this attitude rolling after CP3 hangs it up.

And I'm good with our performance last night. I love watching this team when ball movement is crisp and shots are falling. Watching Book go down last time and then Mikal walking off upset is about all the bad mojo I can take.

We need to be smart this year. Keep CP3's minutes down and the team well rested for when it matters. I truly don't fear any road crowd except the Warriors and even that place is muted now that they are out of Oracle.
It weirdly not upset enough to go strong at the bucket consistently. He was maddening last night with how many point blank shots he had with smalls on him. Just refuses to go strong when within a foot of the rim. Thought he had moved past that in the playoffs. Seems not.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW - Ayton is starting to evolve into a 20/11 guy even as a third option. He’s closer to being an all-NBA guy than he is an expendable bargaining chip.

Here’s the comprehensive list of players I’d consider in a DA trade:

Jokic
Embiid

Those are the only guys I think would be a significant upgrade over DA, considering that the proposed KAT trade would involve picks and another player
I'm not sure who GMs would trade him for but if I were a greedy owner, I'd definitely include the cash cow Luka in the list. Otherwise, I can make a case for keeping him over any other player. I'm not saying he's better than all of them (he isn't now but it's not out of the question in the future), I just think he fits our pieces better than any other player.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I were inclined to trade Ayton, I'd have Giannis on my list since AzStevenCal already has Doncic.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If your still crying about Ayton after the playoffs and how he’s played this year for a team that’s 19-4 idk you just sounding like Steven A to me. You had a take and instead of saying wow look how much better he’s gotten or I was wrong it’s just doubling down on your bad take.

Wait guys are crying about Ayton not developing but turn around and say KAT has evolved lol bruh do you even watch basketball. KAT hasn’t evolved into anything he’s still the same guy and this was supposed to be a good year for the T-Wolves and here they are below .500 again.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If I were inclined to trade Ayton, I'd have Giannis on my list since AzStevenCal already has Doncic.

Did you see Giannis kind of said he was done in Milwaukee. Something about moving on and looking for the next challenge

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you see Giannis kind of said he was done in Milwaukee. Something about moving on and looking for the next challenge

I didn't see that but I hope James Jones did.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I heard his casual comment it crossed my mind that it might be a message to the Dallas Mavericks. He and Jason were reportedly close the 3 or 4 years Jason was his Head Coach.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It weirdly not upset enough to go strong at the bucket consistently. He was maddening last night with how many point blank shots he had with smalls on him. Just refuses to go strong when within a foot of the rim. Thought he had moved past that in the playoffs. Seems not.

He’s shooting 61% from the field. Do you want him to do what? Miss 2 shots a game? Yeah that’s realistic. Your saying he should be shooting at a higher percentage? Because I mean he’s missing so many shots going up soft right.

So you want him at 70%,75%,80%?

He goes up butter soft yet he makes 6 out of every 10 shots

Shaq was by far the most physical player I’ve ever seen in the NBA almost all his points came within 5’ of the basket. Yet in his prime with the Lakers he topped out at 58% from the field. Guess he was just going up soft to

Oh what about Amare I mean god nobody attacked the basket harder than him right? Know what he shot in his best season as a Sun? 59% man guess he should of just gone up stronger.

All joking aside. Ayton is shooting 60% and that’s really really good and efficient. It’s super unrealistic to expect him to only miss 2 or 3 shots a game. Guys have no idea what they are watching.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When I heard his casual comment it crossed my mind that it might be a message to the Dallas Mavericks. He and Jason were reportedly close the 3 or 4 years Jason was his Head Coach.

It’s so odd that Dallas just hasn’t been able to put it all together. Free agents really seem to avoid that place

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s so odd that Dallas just hasn’t been able to put it all together. Free agents really seem to avoid that place
I suspect that Doncic is not all that fun to play alongside. I’m not saying he is a bad teammate but if you’re on the court with him you’re only going to see the ball when he thinks you’re in a position to score, on defense you’re going to spend a lot of time covering for his mistakes.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I suspect that Doncic is not all that fun to play alongside. I’m not saying he is a bad teammate but if you’re on the court with him you’re only going to see the ball when he thinks you’re in a position to score, on defense you’re going to spend a lot of time covering for his mistakes.

Even before Luka they could never really get that other big guy to come play with Dirk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He’s shooting 61% from the field. Do you want him to do what? Miss 2 shots a game? Yeah that’s realistic. Your saying he should be shooting at a higher percentage? Because I mean he’s missing so many shots going up soft right.

So you want him at 70%,75%,80%?

He goes up butter soft yet he makes 6 out of every 10 shots

Shaq was by far the most physical player I’ve ever seen in the NBA almost all his points came within 5’ of the basket. Yet in his prime with the Lakers he topped out at 58% from the field. Guess he was just going up soft to

Oh what about Amare I mean god nobody attacked the basket harder than him right? Know what he shot in his best season as a Sun? 59% man guess he should of just gone up stronger.

All joking aside. Ayton is shooting 60% and that’s really really good and efficient. It’s super unrealistic to expect him to only miss 2 or 3 shots a game. Guys have no idea what they are watching.
Talking numbers in this instance is maybe literally the stupidest thing I’ve seen on this board in some time. If you actually watch him you can’t deny he goes soft. Shooting a high percentage doesn’t mean he goes hard it means he hits a high number of his soft shots. Yes, he’s got skill. Doesn’t mean he doesn’t miss a couple layups last night when he had virtually no one in his way. We get it you have the biggest man crush on Ayton this side of a poster here who goes by initials. Ayton is a terrific player. Doesn’t mean he doesn’t have shortcomings.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This just isn’t true. He still is incapable of getting his own shot. That’s a MAJOR weakness.
The idea that Ayton has zero holes in his game when he has zero handles which in turn has given him almost zero ability to create shots for others is really out there. He also doesn’t have a consistent 15 footer. All those are holes in his game he needs to improve on and hopefully can. And the best big men in the league can do all of that in spades.

What Ayton has done this year on offense is seal his man and establish position much much better. Which is a nice step. But he’s still got a ways to go before people can say he’s got zero holes in his game.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your still crying about Ayton after the playoffs and how he’s played this year for a team that’s 19-4 idk you just sounding like Steven A to me. You had a take and instead of saying wow look how much better he’s gotten or I was wrong it’s just doubling down on your bad take.

Wait guys are crying about Ayton not developing but turn around and say KAT has evolved lol bruh do you even watch basketball. KAT hasn’t evolved into anything he’s still the same guy and this was supposed to be a good year for the T-Wolves and here they are below .500 again.

Man, can you not discuss Ayton without becoming hysterical and calling people names or say they’re crying?

Last edited:

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
Sometimes excuses are reasons, not excuses.

Suns coming off 3 games in 4 nights
Suns coming off a back to back with travel
Suns missing leading scorer
Warriors 3 days rest
Warriors playing at home

All those combined sound like a loss

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes excuses are reasons, not excuses.

Suns coming off 3 games in 4 nights
Suns coming off a back to back with travel
Suns missing leading scorer
Warriors 3 days rest
Warriors playing at home

All those combined sound like a loss
All true and frankly, I expected a loss. But the Warriors have their own excuses. One thing we know for sure though, the Warriors were better than us on that night - handily so.

Now, we get to see how these guys bounce back. Dealing with a winning streak always seems to increase the pressure, for our guys it seemed to increase their focus too. Hopefully a loss won't derail that intensity.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol... I responded to YOUR post where YOU brought Saric up. And you’ve done it REPEATEDLY.

And there you go again. You are the one who keeps bringing up the name.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The idea that Ayton has zero holes in his game when he has zero handles which in turn has given him almost zero ability to create shots for others is really out there. He also doesn’t have a consistent 15 footer. All those are holes in his game he needs to improve on and hopefully can. And the best big men in the league can do all of that in spades.

What Ayton has done this year on offense is seal his man and establish position much much better. Which is a nice step. But he’s still got a ways to go before people can say he’s got zero holes in his game.
And he’s started getting to the free throw line more. Don’t know if he’s legitimately forcing fouls or it’s a lot of what we saw last night with small guards fouling so he doesn’t get a layup (can’t even type “dunk”). But regardless, he gets credit for that too as it’s something we’ve been clamoring for.

Huh, maybe this is only lately as he’s averaging only 2.8 for the season which is a minor notch above his average. But his percentage is waaaay down at 62%. Yuck.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave