Some players to focus on if you watch Saturday football

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They are but pressures aren't worthless. A sack never leads to an interception. Never. Pressures do.

A sack is a single loss of yardage and down. Frequent pressure throws a QBs whole game off.

With the quality of QBs in the league many of them shrug off sacks. Look at Russ Wilsons record despite his sack numbers. Kyler has frequently extended drives after sacks this year.

Yet pressure both Russ and Kyler consistently and your much more likely to beat them. As the Packers did on Thursday.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
A sack is a single loss of yardage and down. Frequent pressure throws a QBs whole game off.

With the quality of QBs in the league many of them shrug off sacks. Look at Russ Wilsons record despite his sack numbers. Kyler has frequently extended drives after sacks this year.

Yet pressure both Russ and Kyler consistently and your much more likely to beat them. As the Packers did on Thursday.
Lol at the comparison of a single to multiple pressures which was NEVER the conversation as we were discussing impact of watts absence on golden. So suddenly golden’s sacks will decrease bc watts not there but his pressures will increase exponentially? No, both his sacks and pressures will decrease.

And a single sack is still worth more than a single sack. And a bunch of sacks worth more than a bunch of pressures. Pressures, by and large, are failed sacks.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Lol at the comparison of a single to multiple pressures which was NEVER the conversation as we were discussing impact of watts absence on golden. So suddenly golden’s sacks will decrease bc watts not there but his pressures will increase exponentially? No, both his sacks and pressures will decrease.

And a single sack is still worth more than a single sack. And a bunch of sacks worth more than a bunch of pressures. Pressures, by and large, are failed sacks.
Well, you know pressure rates include sacks, right? Hurries are failed sacks. Hurries+knock-downs+sacks=pressure rate totals.

Also, Markus Golden has 74 pressures over the previous two seasons without JJ Watt.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well, you know pressure rates include sacks, right? Hurries are failed sacks. Hurries+knock-downs+sacks=pressure rate totals.

Also, Markus Golden has 74 pressures over the previous two seasons without JJ Watt.
You’re obviously not getting my point. I am not saying pressures are meaningless. I am not saying golden sucks. Literally all I am saying is that from what golden would have had playing besides watt - who undeniably draws extra attention - he will undoubtedly have less without him. That’s it. That’s all I said. I don’t think that’s radical. I don’t even think anyone can really argue with that statement. I don’t know why people want to fight about it.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
You’re obviously not getting my point. I am not saying pressures are meaningless. I am not saying golden sucks. Literally all I am saying is that from what golden would have had playing besides watt - who undeniably draws extra attention - he will undoubtedly have less without him. That’s it. That’s all I said. I don’t think that’s radical. I don’t even think anyone can really argue with that statement. I don’t know why people want to fight about it.
My point is that you can't have a sack without it counting as a pressure. So, any sack production is included in the pressure rate. Also my point, Golden has been amongst the best in the NFL over the previous two seasons in his pressure rates (which again includes sacks) without Watt or Chandler Jones so the absence shouldn't impact him too much.

So, 74 pressures (Hurries+knock-downs+sacks) over a two year span outvalues 30 sacks over that same period because of the higher volume. Golden's 74 pressures includes his 14.5 sacks.

I don't know if I am explaining my point well or not. This is a little different way I will try. Sacks are like turnovers in that they are an outcome that generally regresses to the mean. Because of this, the more pressures you have, the more opportunities you have to improve your probability in resulting in the sack outcome. So yes, a sack is the most desirable outcome of any pressure, but that outcome is non-predictable. Kinda like in baseball where a "hard hit ball" does not always result in a home run, but the more "hard hit balls" you have, the more likely you are to hit home runs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Thoughts on Darian Kinnard? @Chopper0080
I like him. I like his power especially I think he generates good knock-back in the run game which is something we lack IMO. I like that he plays on the right side. I think he moves well enough for our scheme at OG. I worry about his movement skills at RT in our scheme because of the depth of Kyler's drops. I have no idea about his length in order to combat that.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Who we scouting?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
The two QBs, Corral and Willis. Ben Brown is arguably the next best prospect. That said, Ole Miss is a school that accumulates talent.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Ikem Okwonu - at LT. Pancake King doing work for NC State. Some project him to OG and feel he would be dominant.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really wouldn’t be surprised if we drafted WR round 1, especially if we let both AJ & Kirk walk.

Hell even if we resign Kirk I still wouldn’t write it off.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
An interior lineman in the first would be scoffed at by some, but the right guy can make all the difference, like Quentin Nelson (or as we've seen here this year bringing in Rodney Hudson.)

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
An interior lineman in the first would be scoffed at by some, but the right guy can make all the difference, like Quentin Nelson (or as we've seen here this year bringing in Rodney Hudson.)
Great take! Winning in the trenches has made all the difference this year!

AustrianCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks a lot @Chopper0080 for all that work. I almost never get to watch College Football, so thanks for all that interesting information.
Also wanted to ask you about your opinion of Bernhard Raimann? Some pages have him listed as a possible 2nd round pick. That would be awesome, given that he would be the 1st Austrian ever to get drafted.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Watching him right now... WOOW!!!!!

Big man who crushes his opponent. Looks like a future All Pro IOL. He could physically hold up against NFL DL right now. WOW.

Not from last night but more nastiness from the big man.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Thanks a lot @Chopper0080 for all that work. I almost never get to watch College Football, so thanks for all that interesting information.
Also wanted to ask you about your opinion of Bernhard Raimann? Some pages have him listed as a possible 2nd round pick. That would be awesome, given that he would be the 1st Austrian ever to get drafted.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
and let's not forget Trevor Penning...

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
That kind of ability translates. Having Ekwonu next to Hudson would speed along his transition too.

No way he will be available at pick #32 though.
We will see how it all falls. I just like that there should be some options for us.

Let's not forget Drake London as an AJ Green replacement who might be available at the end of the first round.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
We will see how it all falls. I just like that there should be some options for us.

Let's not forget Drake London as an AJ Green replacement who might be available at the end of the first round.
I liked Emeka Emezie from NC State as well. Probably more of a later round guy, but he has some size, physical ability, and really good hands.

The Cardinals will probably be on the lookout for at least a mid round receiver and he is a guy to watch.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose