Packers at Cardinals gameday thread 10-28-2021

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's funny how you all switch gears on players so quickly. True, AJ made one huge mistake, but he has been dominant the whole season. You can't just say he's washed up because of one bone headed play. I'm still glad he is on our team as one mistake doesn't take away all the awesome plays he has made for this team.

Others saying we need to stop picking up often hurt players is also funny this year. Hudson hasn't missed more then 2 games in a season since 2013 and now you are all saying hes injured prone? Ok. JJ didnt miss any games last year and he was on fire this year. Gets hurt, and all I'm hearing now is I told you so? Wow.

It sucks they lost and how they lost it,l. Yeah, they could have been 8-0 for the first time in franchise history, but it's one game and to start saying the sky is falling with the players we have is just laughable.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's funny how you all switch gears on players so quickly. I'm sorry but AJ made one huge mistake, but he has been dominant the whole season. You can't just say he's washed up because of one bone headed play. I'm still glad he is on our team as one mistake doesn't take away all the awesome plays he has made for this team.

Others saying we need to stop picking up often hurt players is also funny this year. Hudson hasn't missed more then 2 games since 2013 and now you are all saying hes injured prone? Ok. JJ didnt miss any game last year and he was on fire this year. Gets hurt, and all I'm hearing now is I told you so? Wow.

It sucks they lost and how they lost it, and they could have been 8-0 for the first time in franchise history, but it's one game and to start saying the sky is falling with the players we have is just laughable. Wow!
“Dominant?” Lol. Okay.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
“Dominant?” Lol. Okay.
How has he not been? Dude is carrying DBs into the endzone, boxing out defenders to get the ball, catch 30+ yard throws, getting open alot. This whole forum was saying they were wrong about AJ and so glad they picked him up.

Now he made on boneheaded play and now he sucks, hes old and washed up. Lol. Okay..

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We get Hudson (who knows at his age if he'll be healthy then) and a healthy Hop back in a rematch. But yea this is pretty bad.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

There was only one way this game could go for them to win. And we allowed them to play that way.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Throw it to the endzone

If we cant beat this Texans team up 9 (at the time) then wont deserve to win.

That was a perfect opportunity to try "1 throw need a TD" opportunity that we surely face down the road.
Welp Bull it happened quicker than I expected, but it was actually AJ Green that needed the extra rep actually, lol.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
End of game tonight was EXACTLY why I was pissed that we went conservative last week before the half with 13 seconds and no timeouts left and kicked the freaking field goal. Last week was the PERFECT opportunity to get experience in that almost identical circumstance and in a LIVE GAME SITUATION. Last week could have prepared us better for a big time moment so we wouldn’t have been novices when the pressure is on... and tonight we saw exactly why when Green totally crapped the bed.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
End of game tonight was EXACTLY why I was pissed that we went conservative last week before the half with 13 seconds and no timeouts left and kicked the freaking field goal. Last week was the PERFECT opportunity to get experience in that almost identical circumstance and in a LIVE GAME SITUATION. Last week could have prepared us better for a big time moment so we wouldn’t have been novices when the pressure is on... and tonight we saw exactly why when Green totally crapped the bed.
Bill Belichick is always about situational football and teaching moments for his team. Its what keeps them prepared. I mean thats the GOAT coach so no one expects that level of detail. However, we've had a share of flubs in the redzone all year.

Penalties (like last week as well) high snaps (like the Browns game), miscommunication and just awkward stuff happening. We're not clean enough at the level we should be. We're just talented enough to make up for mistakes. I may have issues with some of the run calls, but we were almost talented enough for it to not matter again and then AJ didnt turn around.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just watched the full game

My emotions can only be summed up in GIFs

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not going to read this whole thread but let me guess....there's a whole bunch of "Green sucks", "I knew he was washed", "Terrible signing" type posts from people that a week ago were saying what a great move it had been?

Those guys can go take a long walk off a short pier.

It was one play. It was a really bad play. I can't see anything on the call that that could have confused Green. He was 1 on 1 vs a mediocre CB. Seemed like a good call. I'm not sure why he did what he did.

The fact is the muff by Moore put us behind the chains the whole game. That's why we lost.

I am truly gutted. I thought we were going to win. Because I was watching a recorded game I could see how long was left and knew it was not going to OT. I was certain we were going to march down and score for the win. But as gutted as I am let's not rewrite history. Green has been a great signing and it was just 1 bad play (admittedly very bad timing)

We could and should have won it at the end, but we shouldn't have been in that position. I thought Murray had his worse game of the season. Several times he badly overthrew guys. Several times he ran the ball and went down 6 inches short of 1st down when he could easy have got the 1st without contact. The INT to Moore was on Murray. No need to make that throw to the LOS on 3rd and very long. Take the sack or throw it into Moore's feet. He did some nice things too but overall I thought it was his worse game.

And Antoine Wesley has no place on this 53. If he's the best we have to back up Nuk then something is wrong.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona Defensive
tacklesmisc
TOTSOLOSACKSTFLPDQB HTSTD
Jordan Hicks12701000
Jalen Thompson10400100
Budda Baker7600000
Byron Murphy Jr.6400100
Isaiah Simmons6300100
Zach Allen6210010
Michael Dogbe6100000
Markus Golden5200020
Marco Wilson3300000
Jordan Phillips3100000
Tanner Vallejo2200000
Jonathan Ward2200000
Dennis Gardeck2101010
Chandler Jones1100100
Justin Pugh1100000
Demetrius Harris1100000
Leki Fotu1100000
Robert Alford1000000
Devon Kennard1000100
Victor Dimukeje1000000
TEAM774212540

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Kliff Kingsbury: We wanted DeAndre Hopkins to stay off the field, but he’d just run on

Cardinals wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins left Thursday night’s game with a hamstring injury after a 55-yard catch in the first quarter and the Cardinals did not plan on putting him back into the game.

Hopkins had other plans, however. He returned to the game in the third quarter and played a handful of snaps, including the final one for the Cardinals, in the 24-21 loss. After the game, head coach Kliff Kingsbury said Hopkins is as “competitive as anybody I’ve been around, and he ended up making some plays” while adding that the team was trying to take the long view by keeping him off the field.

“We wanted him to stay off the field but he’d just run on,” Kingsbury said, via Josh Weinfuss of ESPN.com. “He wants to play, super competitive and made some plays there, and we just want him to be smart, but he was definitely hurting.”

The Cardinals will get an extended break before facing the 49ers in Week Nine and they’ll hope that’s enough for Hopkins to get back to full speed.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Arizona Defensive
TOTSOLOSACKSTFLPDQB HTSTD
tacklesmisc
Jordan Hicks12701000
Jalen Thompson10400100
Budda Baker7600000
Byron Murphy Jr.6400100
Isaiah Simmons6300100
Zach Allen6210010
Michael Dogbe6100000
Markus Golden5200020
Marco Wilson3300000
Jordan Phillips3100000
Tanner Vallejo2200000
Jonathan Ward2200000
Dennis Gardeck2101010
Chandler Jones1100100
Justin Pugh1100000
Demetrius Harris1100000
Leki Fotu1100000
Robert Alford1000000
Devon Kennard1000100
Victor Dimukeje1000000
TEAM774212540

Only 2 TFL's on a team that ran 34 times is poor.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Kyler Murray says he isn’t hurt after limping off field following Cardinals’ loss

Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray appeared to hurt his ankle late in Thursday night’s loss to the Packers, but he said after the game that he’s fine.

Murray limped off the field following the game, but he told reporters afterward that he would be fine.

“Yeah, I’m good. Guy rolled up on me, but other than that it’s just unfortunate to lose like that,” Murray said.

Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury said after the game that he hadn’t talked to Murray but was “assuming” Murray would be fine because he would have been informed if his quarterback had suffered a significant injury.

It was a brutal Thursday Night Football game filled with injuries on both sides, but Murray appears confident that after three extra days of rest, he’ll be good to go for the Cardinals’ next game, November 7 at San Francisco.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Couldn’t run the ball and couldn’t stop the run. Could just be me, but I believe I’ve typed those words on a consistent basis pretty much the past 10 years or so.
Losing Watt seriously hurt. No Rodney Hudson continues to be a problem and Josh Jones is a human turnstile.
Chandler Jones has a TON of proving to do if he really desires another big contract.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I'm not going to read this whole thread but let me guess....there's a whole bunch of "Green sucks", "I knew he was washed", "Terrible signing" type posts from people that a week ago were saying what a great move it had been?

Those guys can go take a long walk off a short pier.

It was one play. It was a really bad play. I can't see anything on the call that that could have confused Green. He was 1 on 1 vs a mediocre CB. Seemed like a good call. I'm not sure why he did what he did.

The fact is the muff by Moore put us behind the chains the whole game. That's why we lost.

I am truly gutted. I thought we were going to win. Because I was watching a recorded game I could see how long was left and knew it was going to OT. I was certain we were going to march down and score for the win. But as gutted as I am let's not rewrite history. Green has been a great signing and it was just 1 bad play (admittedly very bad timing)

We could and should have won it at the end, but we shouldn't have been in that position. I thought Murray had his worse game of the season. Several times he badly overthrew guys. Several times he ran the ball and went down 6 inches short of 1st down when he could easy have got the 1st without contact. The INT to Moore was on Murray. No need to make that throw to the LOS on 3rd and very long. Take the sack or throw it into Moore's feet. He did some nice things too but overall I thought it was his worse game.

And Antoine Wesley has no place on this 53. If he's the best we have to back up Nuk then something is wrong.

Worst game of the season in all three phases last night. We looked like pretenders.

We didn't make those 2nd and 3rd string WRs beat us. We didn't load up the box to stop the run and dare Rodgers to throw against our fine CBs and safeties.

Could Rodgers have beat us with his arm? Maybe, but I think we should have tried to make him do it for at least a series or two.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
How has he not been? Dude is carrying DBs into the endzone, boxing out defenders to get the ball, catch 30+ yard throws, getting open alot. This whole forum was saying they were wrong about AJ and so glad they picked him up.

Now he made on boneheaded play and now he sucks, hes old and washed up. Lol. Okay..
912 yards is a nice season. No doubt. “Dominant?” Naw.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

No, you're right. AJ is still part of The Solution.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard