Robert Sarver is in Big Trouble (ANNOUNCES SALE PROCESS)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This guy is taking a flamethrower to Sarver. Says the report is a MONSTER.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jordan Schultz better be right about this or HIS career is probably done.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok. So this is all pure conjecture. BTW I am NOT a Sarver fan. But I believe in fairness and justice to all.
Well if you believe this guy. He is saying as many as 50 people are on record. Several on record with their identities on record. That is a little different than "conjecture". He said the report contains people on record, white, black, men and women. He saying from all over the place in the organization.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NBA is reportedly not investigating yet and may be waiting for release of story.

I want facts.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Earl Watson is on the record. Apparently Rich Paul is involved. McD.

This sounds like a hit piece.
Yeah it sounds like we're going to be dragged through the mud until either the league forces Sarver out or he gets voted out as Managing Partner.

That poll Jerkface put up about choosing a championship or getting rid of Sarver is looking a bit prophetic. Which of course means, we can forget about a championship anytime soon.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say that. This sounds really fishy. I think this could be nothing but assumptions and insinuations from people who have a axe to grind.
All true but it wouldn't take too many questionable stories to make Sarver's position untenable.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another female owner is part of the report and on record. Who could that be?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it sounds like we're going to be dragged through the mud until either the league forces Sarver out or he gets voted out as Managing Partner.

That poll Jerkface put up about choosing a championship or getting rid of Sarver is looking a bit prophetic. Which of course means, we can forget about a championship anytime soon.
Maybe Jerkface wrote the article!!!

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Well if you believe this guy. He is saying as many as 50 people are on record. Several on record with their identities on record. That is a little different than "conjecture". He said the report contains people on record, white, black, men and women. He saying from all over the place in the organization.
Not really. It is what he is saying. When I see what the 50 people say I can decide what I think. Until then it is conjecture.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another female owner is part of the report and on record. Who could that be?

I thought it was that he made a super damning statement about the female owner? Could be wrong.

What an ish-show this week has been for the Suns.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really. It is what he is saying. When I see what the 50 people say I can decide what I think. Until then it is conjecture.

Totally conjecture. A LOT of careers on the line here with something like this.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All true but it wouldn't take too many questionable stories to make Sarver's position untenable.

Sure, but Sarver isn't the type to be concerned with bad optics. If this is a nothing burger then he'll try and ride it out as long as possible. We haven't seen any inclination from him that bad press bothers him and this could be nothing but bad press.

Knowing Rich Paul, Earl Watson, and McD are involved? I'm leaning towards this being a bunch of baseless accusations. If you heard Shultz on the radio then he alluded to Sarver wanting Watson to fire Rich Paul simply because he's black. That needs to be proven, somehow, but since he hyped Watson's involvement in this to reveal that lump of nothing shows what we might be dealing with.

Edit - I'm not defending Sarver but I'm sure someone will sees this that way. I want him out and his life ruined ONLY if there is evidence of these allegations rather than vague nonsense. I don't like him but no one deserves to have their lives ruined because some people have an axe to grind and invent a damning narrative regardless of it's accuracy.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh what he is saying.....yes. However, he did indicate he has details that he cannot share at this time. I am curious about his female owner comment who went on record. Did he mean from another team or is one of the Suns ownership group female? I have no clue.

If one of his own partners has come forward? YIKES!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty Williams reportedly didn't want to comment on situation when asked per Arizona Sports.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm grateful Chris Paul is here since he's navigated a team through this before. Not that I wish that on him, or anyone, but if anyone can keep a team focused he's proven himself in this regard.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure, but Sarver isn't the type to be concerned with bad optics. If this is a nothing burger then he'll try and ride it out as long as possible. We haven't seen any inclination from him that bad press bothers him and this could be nothing but bad press.

Knowing Rich Paul, Earl Watson, and McD are involved? I'm leaning towards this being a bunch of baseless accusations. If you heard Shultz on the radio then he alluded to Sarver wanting Watson to fire Rich Paul simply because he's black. That needs to be proven, somehow, but since he hyped Watson's involvement in this to reveal that lump of nothing shows what we might be dealing with.

I'm leaning towards this being a bunch of little road bumps turned into mountains far too big for Sarver to hold onto his managing partner position. Then of course, with Sarver out of power, they will decide to sell to Jordan's father and Howard Schultz will once again get his team in Seattle. But at least our new owner will have a few billion dollars to work with. j/k

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm leaning towards this being a bunch of little road bumps turned into mountains far too big for Sarver to hold onto his managing partner position. Then of course, with Sarver out of power, they will decide to sell to Jordan's father and Howard Schultz will once again get his team in Seattle. But at least our new owner will have a few billion dollars to work with. j/k
That is where I am leaning as well but this guy seemed awfully confident that the authors of the report are fully aware of the legal risks when Gambo asked. It's hard to be dismissive if that is the case. I just can't imagine ESPN's legal team is not all over this.

Also, if the 50 number is accurate? It's going to be hard to argue this is just about disgruntled employees. If 50 people complained about me at my work? There is no question I would be gone. At some point if the stories show some consistency at all? That number matters.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is where I am leaning as well but this guys seemed awfully confident that the authors of the report are fully aware of the legal risks when Gambo asked. It's hard to be dismissive if that is the case. I just can't imagine ESPN's legal team is not all over this.

It seems a little odd that the NBA's legal team is not though, at least by what Shultz claims. He said they hadn't started investigating but know of all of these allegations. Seems odd they wouldn't be prepared for a swift removal like with Sterling.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose