Robert Sarver is in Big Trouble (ANNOUNCES SALE PROCESS)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems a little odd that the NBA's legal team is not though, at least by what Shultz claims. He said they hadn't started investigating but know of all of these allegations. Seems odd they wouldn't be prepared for a swift removal like with Sterling.
NBA is not involved yet. They have not seen the report. There is no reason for them to get involved. He made it clear the NBA is going to wait for the details. That seems perfectly reasonable on the NBA's part. You can't launch an investigation without the detailed report to know what you are investigating.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
NBA is not involved yet. They have not seen the report. There is no reason for them to get involved. He made it clear the NBA is going to wait for the details. That seems perfectly reasonable on the NBA's part. You can't launch an investigation without the detailed report to know what you are investigating.

I thought he implied the NBA knew everything that was in the report, similar to how he does, but have decided to wait for it's release to act.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems a little odd that the NBA's legal team is not though, at least by what Shultz claims. He said they hadn't started investigating but know of all of these allegations. Seems odd they wouldn't be prepared for a swift removal like with Sterling.

It sounded like the NBA may not be investigating yet and waiting for the "story."

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually think multiple days of hype and speculation could actually help Sarver because people are going to be thinking the ABSOLUTE WORST is coming. If it’s not a straight knife to the heart and instead is more like a death by a thousand papercuts, he might survive “winning” the expectation game.

Not that I’m advocating for that. IF the story is credible in either version of the above I.T would be awful if he survived to still owned the team

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I won't go to a Suns game until this is fully resolved. I could compartmentalize my dislike for Sarver before this but my money cant go to a potential complete POS.

This is my new chick FIL a.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to hear from the reporter who is supposedly writing the story.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Never would’ve guess Sarver was racist. I remember when the team broke out the Los Suns jerseys as a protest against AZs racist “papers please“ bill. In context, I always saw that as a pretty bold protest that might have gone against popular sentiment, but was the morally correct stance. Made me think at the very least Sarver had some cool politics in spite of being a garbage team owner.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Never would’ve guess Sarver was racist. I remember when the team broke out the Los Suns jerseys as a protest against AZs racist “papers please“ bill. In context, I always saw that as a pretty bold protest that might have gone against popular sentiment, but was the morally correct stance. Made me think at the very least Sarver had some cool politics in spite of being a garbage team owner.
Yeah, the harassment stuff never surprises with any rich entitled person. But under Sarver I would imagine we've been one of the most diverse hiring teams in the league, 2 black GMs, several black head coaches, he and Fitz are really close... that would surprise. I'd hope they have something serious to back up that allegation.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently Earl Watson and McDonough went on record as one of the 50 witnesses

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the harassment stuff never surprises with any rich entitled person. But under Sarver I would imagine we've been one of the most diverse hiring teams in the league, 2 black GMs, several black head coaches, he and Fitz are really close... that would surprise. I'd hope they have something serious to back up that allegation.

Racism can be a lot of creeds beyond black and white

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Chris Paul w/ both LA and AZ organizations as this kind issue went down He must in disbelief.
If I was Chris Paul I would have my phone ringer on silent. I bet his phone is blowing up right now. When the story drops, Sarver's side will want Paul to minimize it, Paul will also be under pressure from everyone else for his opinion.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Racism can be a lot of creeds beyond black and white
Yes, but his protests were a stronger stance against racism than the “I have a lot of black friends” defense typically deployed by some white people.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, but his protests were a stronger stance against racism than the “I have a lot of black friends” defense typically deployed by some white people.

Totally valid. I was surprised here as well but I was also surprised by Gruden

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wow shocking
Watson and McDonough go figure
I'm sure Igor will have something too
I'm sure McDonough still salty over the Goat. We shall see

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
If this rids us of Sarver, this story is like waking up on Christmas morning.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wow shocking
Watson and McDonough go figure
I'm sure Igor will have something too
I'm sure McDonough still salty over the Goat. We shall see

The goat incident itself was a pretty egregious workplace violation.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this rids us of Sarver, this story is like waking up on Christmas morning.
If he's guilty and if this rids us of Sarver, I'd say the price we'll have to pay is worth it. But it's not going to be pretty.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard