WK 7-Houston Texans @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread Oct 18-Oct 24, 2021

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If they do that you have to wonder are they THAT down on Tua, or do they have some reason to believe Watson won't end up with massive legal issues from his sexual assault allegations? I mean trading multiple picks for a guy who may be in a ton of legal trouble, and suspended, is a HUGE risk.
I was wondering the same thing. Maybe they know something the public doesn’t.

And if he stays in the AFC I absolutely love that!

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I just can’t believe a team would be willing to risk any draft capital of any kind till the legal issues are completely and totally squashed.
A lot of Dolphins fans all up in arms & ready to abandon ship if Watson trade goes through. That got to factor in with owner but he is 81 & probably will do anything @ this pt to make final run.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Is the only concern Kliff?

How he feels after getting over it. Will he be as dialed in on what to call and how to manage the game (we win sure)

Some people have trouble performing their jobs normally right away let alone an NFL Head Coach. Hope he's feeling well.
My concern is lack of focus at this point. But we may not have that issue anymore. :shrug:

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I just can’t believe a team would be willing to risk any draft capital of any kind till the legal issues are completely and totally squashed.
Desperate times, desperate measures. Are their coaches/GM/other staff on the hook at the moment?

If their jobs are at stake they might figure it's worth the gamble. If they are on the path to being fired anyway what's the difference if it's because of a different reason? Fixing it will be someone else's problem too.

Does the franchise have safeguards in place to prevent desperate current custodians from risking blowing up the future to save their own skins?

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Desperate times, desperate measures. Are their coaches/GM/other staff on the hook at the moment?

If their jobs are at stake they might figure it's worth the gamble. If they are on the path to being fired anyway what's the difference if it's because of a different reason? Fixing it will be someone else's problem too.

Does the franchise have safeguards in place to prevent desperate current custodians from risking blowing up the future to save their own skins?
Somewhat related but while thinking about our upcoming game against Houston I've similarly wondered if there's any safeguards in place for a guy on the outs getting rid of their best player in Hopkins. You could really blow up a team on your way out.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aren't his 'legal' issues essentially Civil in nature?
Last I heard there was one non civil sexual assault alligation that Houston PD was still investigating?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
It's been awfully quiet about Jones. I wonder if his symptoms were worse and/or are lingering and he can't test negative?
might depend if they are tracking symptoms. last time I had it my symptoms lasted for a couple weeks after I was negative.,,.. but I got long haul covid and had other symptoms kick in for about four months
hopefully chan doesnt have to deal with any of that...it messes with your organs...screwed my heart up....fortunately I think he has access to much more attentive medical care than I do, lol.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Aren't his 'legal' issues essentially Civil in nature?

Last I heard there was one non civil sexual assault alligation that Houston PD was still investigating?

In my opinion, it's going to end up a purely civil matter. The single assault allegation is impossible to prove being essentially he said/she said and I think having so many complaints but only a single actual assault probably weakens that claim. I'm really not sure what other legal grounds there are. Many of the allegations are sleazy but not necessarily illegal.

This has been going on 6 months with what appears to be no progress. Even Buzbee has gone silent. He was holding pressers and releasing regular statements to add pressure but that's all died off.

If I had to put money on it this feels like a stalemate that will end in a minor settlement to seal it all up in a non disclosure. And everything will go back to normal and next year everyone will be cheering Watson like it never happened.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Vance saying that K2 gone back into scientist mode with all extra time not been @ facility. Got to think that helps with getting ahead with gameplans & adding some new wrinkles for defenses down next stretch.
I almost want K2 to tell the team they can handle the Texans and that he is focused on the Packers. Let Whipple call the plays again and have the whole team focus on Texans while Kliff schemes up that Packers Defense...

this would never happen but would be kinda cool

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Houston Texans at Arizona Cardinals – 4:25 p.m. Sunday​

TeamSpreadTotalMoneyline
Texans+950
Cardinals-1747.5-1600

TEAMSPREADTOTALMONEYLINE
You must be registered for see images attach
Texans
+950
Cardinals
-1747.5-1600

Anything the Rams can do, the Cardinals can do better, for now at least. If you thought a 15-point opening line was heavy, the Cardinals opened -17 ahead of this week’s game against the Texans. Is Arizona two full possessions better than Houston? Probably. That’s still a lot of points to spot a team, especially considering the Texans have covered spreads of 7.5 and 13 points this season. But after last week’s 31-3 defeat against the Colts, there’s not a lot of optimism that Houston can bounce back against an unbeaten team. Arizona’s scored 30 or more points in five of six games while its defense has registered 13 takeaways.

WRITERSTRAIGHT UP PICK
Ben Standig
Cardinals
Tashan Reed
Cardinals
Chris Burke
Cardinals
Jay Morrison
Cardinals
Nick Kosmider
Cardinals
Mark Kaboly
Cardinals
Michael-Shawn Dugar
Cardinals
Katherine Terrell
Cardinals

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been awfully quiet about Jones. I wonder if his symptoms were worse and/or are lingering and he can't test negative?
Players have to be symptom free for 48 hours and get two negative tests 24 hours apart to return.

My personal guess is we might be lucky and get one of Peters, Jones or Allen back this Sunday. More likely, Packers game.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Players have to be symptom free for 48 hours and get two negative tests 24 hours apart to return.

My personal guess is we might be lucky and get one of Peters, Jones or Allen back this Sunday. More likely, Packers game.
I take this as a clue that Kliff isnt coaching this Sunday. Why else include Colt
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

And more seriously I think he and Cam Turner need a full 10 days.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I almost want K2 to tell the team they can handle the Texans and that he is focused on the Packers. Let Whipple call the plays again and have the whole team focus on Texans while Kliff schemes up that Packers Defense...

this would never happen but would be kinda cool
Hopefully the success of the team without Kliff gives him more comfort in stepping away a bit from the offense. I don't know that he is ready to give up play calling, but maybe he will name a passing game coordinator or give others some more opportunities.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson