Cardinals @ Browns postgame thread

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Can't say I did any research on this but I would have to think that 17 is a pretty rare spread for any NFL game.
Very true.

I remember the '94 Super Bowl - 49ers steamrolled everyone through the playoffs, then opened at -19.5 against the Chargers. And covered. Think about that one for a sec - being favored by THAT margin over the opposing conference champion? Boggles the mind.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, was Chase out injured, btw?
No he played and had a great couple runs one real good one. I just think the Browns D line in the flow of the game dictated more carries from Conner

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
He's certainly been stellar to date, and really put up some tough yardage today. I can't help but hold my breath and wait for the costly, ill-timed turnover or the ankle roll, but so far, so good.

Every once in a while you'll come across a player who needs a change of scenery to be successful. A fresh start with another team (like Garrison Hearst, or that one RB that we drafted, and then went to the Jets and had a bunch of good years, was it Robert Jones or something like that?).

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Every once in a while you'll come across a player who needs a change of scenery to be successful. A fresh start with another team (like Garrison Hearst, or that one RB that we drafted, and then went to the Jets and had a bunch of good years, was it Robert Jones or something like that?).
Thomas Jones

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I would argue that OBJ is better than Green as well. Now would he be ok with their roles in our offense? I don't know that.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would argue that OBJ is better than Green as well. Now would he be ok with their roles in our offense? I don't know that.
I think you mean the ghost of OBJ… I know some injury have derailed. But even when healthy haven’t been really all that impressive lately.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. Don’t need the headaches or injuries.
Even in his spurts of health lately he hasen’t been that good. He doesn’t even match the Gawdy 16.7 ypc AJ has this year so far.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Thomas Jones

I loved Jones and always thought he was going to be a stud RB. We have had so many years where we just don't seem to know how to use some of our better players. So we get rid of them and then find out how good they really had the potential to be. Bad coaching or what? I never understood it.

Usually you see that with QBs, where they just get drafted by a horrible team or is just a bad fit. Feel bad for all those dozens of players who were so much better than they ever got to prove.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so if we handle business this coming week and GB beats Washington will we finally be the game of the week in week 8?
7-0 vs. 6-1

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I loved Jones and always thought he was going to be a stud RB. We have had so many years where we just don't seem to know how to use some of our better players. So we get rid of them and then find out how good they really had the potential to be. Bad coaching or what? I never understood it.

Usually you see that with QBs, where they just get drafted by a horrible team or is just a bad fit. Feel bad for all those dozens of players who were so much better than they ever got to prove.
Like that time the Cards used Tom Tupa as a QB when he was actually a Pro Bowl level punter…

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard