Cardinals news for the week of Aug 30, 2021

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Barcoo getting reps with the 1s is a bad, bad sign. Barcoo anywhere near significant game time = our secondary is in big, big trouble.

It's not too early; it's too early to even BE too early. Insert Denny Green "If you want to crown them" meme here.
Yup spinning barcoo as anything other than a sign of disaster is blind homerism.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So why keep him?
Correct me if I’m wrong but even though they don’t suit up if you have both your quarterbacks hurt can’t you play one on an emergency exception?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So why keep him?

I would say the final 53 is very rarely the final 53.

They could have just kept Streveler on the 53 for now to diminish any chance of him getting claimed (as low as that is anyway).

Most teams will get their roster settled in the coming days and do their waiver wire business. Maybe they just wait until that's all over then quietly waive him to the PS.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Barcoo getting reps with the 1s is a bad, bad sign. Barcoo anywhere near significant game time = our secondary is in big, big trouble.

It's not too early; it's too early to even BE too early. Insert Denny Green "If you want to crown them" meme here.
Yeah Jar-Jar Binks' cousin getting first team reps is concerning, but I'd rather him get some in during practice than during games.

You also have to remember WHO is reporting this. Weinfuss is possibly the worst sports journalist I've ever seen, and that's saying a lot.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On IR for what? Lol

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
With Philips out, that is two projected starters down for season opener?

I think Keim planned for all these and so added JJ Watt. JJ Watt's leadership will ensure Cardinals keep calm and lose on without making fuss.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Please fire Keim right now and we can hire someone good to manage the rest of the season.

Parsing Wolf's talk on radio today, Kliff said it is on him if they don't make the playoffs. Keim is safe for 2022.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

lol. Jesus.

so much for the idea that worrying about our D-line because of injuries in the preseason was Chicken Littling the situation.

that dude is a walking injury.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've already spent $16 million on him. He's on the books for another $10 million salary that he'll likely never see.

What a joke. One-year wonder.

man, what an awful pick and even worse contract.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Luq Barcoo is supposed to be extremely athletic. I'm going for anything positive here.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Keim has a noose to pick up injury plagued players
No doubt he is not very smart
Just a question, the players has the wonderlic test, does the gm or coaches going through that as well before being hired?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Keim has a noose to pick up injury plagued players
No doubt he is not very smart
Just a question, the players has the wonderlic test, does the gm or coaches going through that as well before being hired?
This town better debate if it was all Arians for the best 3 years Cardinals ever had.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn