Cards cuts

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Has been atrocious against the run last season
Watching him and golden chasing thr runner is painful to watch
He can't change direction well, at all, but his 11 TFL in each of the last 2 years, says he can get in the backfield and stop RB's. Like I said, he can plug holes and stop RB's...just don't ask him to chase them sideline to sideline.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Streveler beside the 22 starters has less chance of being cut then the other 31 players that make the 53

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He can't change direction well, at all, but his 11 TFL in each of the last 2 years, says he can get in the backfield and stop RB's. Like I said, he can plug holes and stop RB's...just don't ask him to chase them sideline to sideline.
The idea that Jordan Hicks is a terrible NFL player isn't rooted in reality.

He's a run down player who struggles in coverage like MOST ILBs in the NFL. I'm actually interested to see the 4-3 looks with Collins, Hicks, and Simmons on the field at the same time.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe that injury took more out of Wiggins than I & most thought, but Hicks seeing more playing time doesn’t sit right with me even though I like him a lot as a person.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He's a run down player who struggles in coverage like MOST ILBs in the NFL. I'm actually interested to see the 4-3 looks with Collins, Hicks, and Simmons on the field at the same time.
After 7, months of no real football did u change mind on Jordan Hicks or u just try to stay positive?
Cause i remember u being extremely critic on him

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score

Thank you! Was 2nd on the team in 2020 with 11 TFL (Reddick had 16). Was tied with some dude named Chandler Jones (who also had 19 sacks), with 11 TFL in 2019. Hicks isn't all-world, but when he plays within a scheme, he's just fine.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
So guys I expect to be cut and are not announced.
Luq Barcoo
Daryl Worley
Margus Hunt
Marcus Henry
Koda Martin
Kylie Fitts
Reggie Walker
Bernhard
Ross Travis

and then my previously mentioned last four of
Streveler
Winters
Wesley
Washington

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
After 7, months of no real football did u change mind on Jordan Hicks or u just try to stay positive?
Cause i remember u being extremely critic on him
IF the question is would I rather see Tanner Vallejo play on defense or Hicks, I'd much rather have Hicks.

Collins looks like a strong upgrade over Hicks, since Collins looks like a true three down LB.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score

All three of them hit and tackle hard.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Thank you! Was 2nd on the team in 2020 with 11 TFL (Reddick had 16). Was tied with some dude named Chandler Jones (who also had 19 sacks), with 11 TFL in 2019. Hicks isn't all-world, but when he plays within a scheme, he's just fine.
I have been a huge fan of replacing Hicks, but Hicks still can play in the NFL. It's just that he was constantly crushed playing zone coverage.

Play him in situations where he isn't exposed and he's a decent player.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He's not terrible overall, in terms of run stopping he's pretty good. He's terrible in coverage, mainly due to lack of speed.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think Jordan Hicks playing 90% of snaps is a liability. I think Jordan Hicks playing 35 to 45% of snaps is an average to above average NFL sub player.
I'd argue he's an above average sub if you're looking at his accomplishments and pedigree.

Hicks>>>Vallejo as a sub. It's a good problem to have a high character vet who has played a lot as the first sub off your bench, especially one who isn't totally washed.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IF the question is would I rather see Tanner Vallejo play on defense or Hicks, I'd much rather have Hicks.

Collins looks like a strong upgrade over Hicks, since Collins looks like a true three down LB.
Before praising Collins i want see him in a regular season game, too many times we have been disappointed by a first round rookie to think he is a legit nfl starter even before playing a real nfl game
Tallejo doesn't have Hicks football IQ but he is much more athletic and wouldn't be a liability in certain situations

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Before praising Collins i want see him in a regular season game, too many times we have been disappointed by a first round rookie to think he is a legit nfl starter even before playing a real nfl game
Tallejo doesn't have Hicks football IQ but he is much more athletic and wouldn't be a liability in certain situations
Except you give Vallejo the benefit of the doubt vs. Hicks, but don't give Collins the benefit of the doubt.

Collins is obviously a bit of an unknown, but we now at least have preseason tape, college tape, and what all his peers are saying about him. This is how it always works, whether a guy is #1 overall pick or #300 overall. Collins has shown enough so far that we can be cautiously optimistic.

Vallejo is a guy who has been cut multiple times and hasn't been able to crack a starting line up in the NFL.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard