Cards cuts

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
From everything I've read & heard, the addition of Shawn Jefferson as the WR's coach has been a blessing for Isabella. No one would say exactly how good Isabella looked in practice when he came back last week but the silence was presented in a way to make one think he looked amazing. Hearing he's catching the ball with his hands now & looks really good. Time will tell.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From everything I've read & heard, the addition of Shawn Jefferson as the WR's coach has been a blessing for Isabella. No one would say exactly how good Isabella looked in practice when he came back last week but the silence was presented in a way to make one think he looked amazing. Hearing he's catching the ball with his hands now & looks really good. Time will tell.

Sure hope so that would be excellent for this year and beyond since Kirk could be on the last year of HIS Cardinal career if he doesn't step it up.

One thing I am excited to see is legit NFL speed at WR, Fitz was incredible obviously but he was so slow the last few years and with Johnson playing quite a bit and others we were not that fast. So in our top 4 now, at least on paper D Hop is the "slow" guy and then if Isabella is 5 that's a major upgrade in speed with Green and Moore.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Here is where I land on 6th and 7th rounders. If I am going to give credit to GMs for UDFAs, I am going to point out 6th and 7th rounders who they do not get meaningful contributions from.

KeeSean Johnson. 585 offensive snaps and 11 special teams snaps over two years. Call it whatever you want I guess, but it sure isn't a hit.
I would call it neither a hit nor a miss.

My view is that top three rounds you are looking for future starters. If a player isn't a starter within the first two years, they are a miss. A player can also be a miss if they are a below average starter as well. I think longevity matters as well: a decent starter drafted in the first round who isn't resigned should be labeled a miss (Reddick).

For day three guys, rounds 4 & 5 should last more than a year and either contribute as a back up or on special teams. Rounds 6 & 7, have struggles to even make the roster. Michael Menet making the roster is a huge win, but it's not a miss if he doesn't.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can see Butler but how was Johnson a miss? He was a sixth round pick and made the team for two years. We have a top 5 in the NFL receiving core. Keesean will be on a team this year and likely play. That’s not a miss. It’s a testament to the strength of our WR group.
You know we don’t have a top 5 WR core. I think you’re captain positivity just to piss folks off, lmao.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Isabella has never done anything on special teams to say he's a player other than catch the ball and run right into the coverage team. They kept Isabella because their pride says he has improved at WR being a second round pick and hopefully has, but Dortch can actually move laterally with quickness to compliment his speed... I think I have at least seen KeeSean tackle someone on kickoff :)

WakeForestCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Here is where I land on 6th and 7th rounders. If I am going to give credit to GMs for UDFAs, I am going to point out 6th and 7th rounders who they do not get meaningful contributions from.

KeeSean Johnson. 585 offensive snaps and 11 special teams snaps over two years. Call it whatever you want I guess, but it sure isn't a hit.
Maybe not a hit, but I don't think it's a miss for a 6th round WR.

Here are the ones from 2019:
Career Receptions / Yards / TDs

Keesean Johson (AZ): 36/360/1
Travis Fulgham (3 Teams): 38/539/4
Juwann Winfree (2 Teams): 0/0/0
Marcus Green (2 Teams, now CFL): 0/0/0
Kelvin Harmon (WAS): 30/365/0
Scotty Miller (TB): 46/701/4

And some more from 2018 (with another year of counting stats of course:

Damion Ratley (4 teams): 29/407/1
Deon Cain (3 teams): 9/124/0
Ray-Ray McCloud (3 teams): 25/113/0
Dylan Cantrell (4 teams): 0/0/0
Russell Gage (ATL): 127/1,295/5
Equanimeous St. Brown (GB): 28/445/1
Cedrick Wilson Jr (DAL): 22/235/2
Braxton Berrios (2 Teams): 43/509/3

I find it interesting that of the 14 only 5 remained on their team more than 2 years. The only major 'hit' seems to be Russell Gage (and maybe Scotty Miller?). Granted, I'm not taking ST into account because I don't follow ST depth charts of other teams.

Essentially, KeeSean gave us about what we could expect from a 6th round WR and has better #s than all but a few. To expect anything more from a 6th rounder just isn't realistic IMO.

(Sorry if this formatting is bad - still learning the site)

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Current cuts per NFL.com:

RB Tavien Feaster
RB Ito Smith
WR Rico Gafford
WR Aleva Hifo
WR KeeSean Johnson
WR A.J. Richardson
WR JoJo Ward
TE Ian Bunting
C Michal Menet
OL Branden Bowen
OL Shaq Calhoun
DL Cam Murray
DL David Parry
LB Jamell Garcia-Williams*
LB Evan Weaver

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Remember when I was slandered the Evan Weaver pick only for people to go to war defending him? lmao

Yes - "raises hand in shame".

Also remember you wanted to draft Espenesa with our 1st round pick and you wanted Corey Littleton (who got 12m/year).

We all have our moments.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Another pick bites the dust was hopin keeshan would contribute this yr oh well.... next man up

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Also remember you wanted to draft Espenesa with our 1st round pick and you wanted Corey Littleton (who got 12m/year).

We all have our moments.
Gotta give it to you.
Despite banging the table for Wirfs & Wills leading up to, day of, & after the draft, you continue to go push the narrative of me banging the table for Epenesa all the way up to the draft despite initially being a fan in December, but cooling down considerably as each month passed on.

That takes a lot of dedication from you I bet.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hopefully KJ doesnt get claimed and returns to the practice squad.

I doubt he's claimed. He's a ten a penny receiver. Every roster has a KJ already.

I wouldn't be surprised if he chooses I different practice squad though.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully KJ doesnt get claimed and returns to the practice squad.
This is the only thing I can figure. Issabella might attract interest because of his draft status and limited exposure. I’m hoping Johnson comes back. He seems to get it and I think he would be a good possession receiver.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

We all have our moments.

Is this supposed to be bad? I expect Epenesa to have a big year this year.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is the only thing I can figure. Issabella might attract interest because of his draft status and limited exposure. I’m hoping Johnson comes back. He seems to get it and I think he would be a good possession receiver.

Or it could just be that Johnson is worse. His stats are worse and Andy can be coached on hands. You can't coach speed.

Not sure why people are surprised. KJ was a healthy scratch the end of last season while Andy was playing.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or it could just be that Johnson is worse. His stats are worse and Andy can be coached on hands. You can't coach speed.

Not sure why people are surprised. KJ was a healthy scratch the end of last season while Andy was playing.
It just appeared Johnson started to understand the soft part of zones. I remember Kyler “ screaming” at him about midway through last season. I loved Issabella but he certainly doesn’t appear to have game speed. He’s small and his hands stink. Neither player is taking us to the super bowl. We’re talking about the 5th-6th Wr. Also Andy hasn’t won a spot because of his special teams play.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It just appeared Johnson started to understand the soft part of zones. I remember Kyler “ screaming” at him about midway through last season. I loved Issabella but he certainly doesn’t appear to have game speed. He’s small and his hands stink. Neither player is taking us to the super bowl. We’re talking about the 5th-6th Wr. Also Andy hasn’t won a spot because of his special teams play.

Both are bad. Keesean was more bad.

I hope to god this is for Dortch because Wesley is trash. I don't understand why I see people here wanting him to stick.

He had 5 yards in 2 PS games.
He's never played an NFL game
In his 2 years in the league he spent 1 on IR
He had one of the worst combines I've seen

The only reason I can see people want him is that he's tall

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson