2021 2nd round pick is Rondale Moore WR

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So...noticed this today:
[Moore #4, Lee #14]

Wonder what kind of deal was made? Andy Lee having 18 years experience giving up #4 to the Rookie?
Interesting, and good observation!

Lee wore #4 for a long time with the 49ers, but then #8 with Cleveland & Detroit, and #2 with the Cards in 2017-18... so perhaps he doesn't value the #4 all that much. But i'll bet there was a price, for sure!

...dave

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
These are the WRs I want on the roster... Hopkins, Green, Kirk (well, this season), Moore, Dortch, and the coaches can humor me with the last remaining guy :)

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Looks good in red, time will tell, but so far so good

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Interesting, and good observation!

Lee wore #4 for a long time with the 49ers, but then #8 with Cleveland & Detroit, and #2 with the Cards in 2017-18... so perhaps he doesn't value the #4 all that much. But i'll bet there was a price, for sure!

...dave
Even more interesting is all of his former jersey numbers add up to…14.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Chase is having a horrible ore season and has 5 outright drops so far.
Yeah - he was an opt out this past year, has looked horrible in preseason, and his pregnant girlfriend just accused him of domestic violence. I’d be concerned if I was a Cincy fan.

I still think it’s a bold prediction to say that Moore will outperform him though.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah - he was an opt out this past year, has looked horrible in preseason, and his pregnant girlfriend just accused him of domestic violence. I’d be concerned if I was a Cincy fan.

I still think it’s a bold prediction to say that Moore will outperform him though.
And Cincy passed up on a MUCH needed OLineman! Way too early to judge Chase yet. Moore is one talented kid, no doubt. Injuries or lack thereof will determine how his NFL career plays out.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And Cincy passed up on a MUCH needed OLineman! Way too early to judge Chase yet. Moore is one talented kid, no doubt. Injuries or lack thereof will determine how his NFL career plays out.

The only guy they passed on was Sewell, and he's been garbage in pre season too. Too early on both. I expect both to be good players.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is preseason overreaction likely.
@Chopper0080 I hope the plan is to use Moore down the field as well. Terrace Marshall for the Panthers is stretching the field so far.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This is preseason overreaction likely.
@Chopper0080 I hope the plan is to use Moore down the field as well. Terrace Marshall for the Panthers is stretching the field so far.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I would hope so as well. The question is with Kliff and how diverse he wants Hopkins and Green to be. For me, Moore's speed vertically puts pressure on teams who want to shade to Hopkins. I think Kliff sees that as well and Moore's vertical ability is what he is "hiding" this preseason. It is something that pops up in practice but we haven't seen on his game snaps so far.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fearless prediction - Rondale Moore outperforms Ja’Marr Chase this year

Yeah, I saw some highlights of Chase and he didn't look good at all.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would hope so as well. The question is with Kliff and how diverse he wants Hopkins and Green to be. For me, Moore's speed vertically puts pressure on teams who want to shade to Hopkins. I think Kliff sees that as well and Moore's vertical ability is what he is "hiding" this preseason. It is something that pops up in practice but we haven't seen on his game snaps so far.

The counter argument to this is how AJ Green has already spoken about how this offense uses his skillset better (more like his early years) with more downfield passing. As if Green is expecting to run deep a bunch.

All receivers should run a variety of routes from a variety of positions. If it's another season of Nuk running out routes on the left, Green running goes on the right and Moore/Kirk running gadgets and 6 yard curls from the slot I'm giving up.

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The counter argument to this is how AJ Green has already spoken about how this offense uses his skillset better (more like his early years) with more downfield passing. As if Green is expecting to run deep a bunch.

All receivers run a variety of routes from a variety of positions. If it's another season of Nuk running out routes on the left, Green running goes on the right and Moore/Kirk running gadgets and 6 yard curls from the slot I'm giving up.
See my concern with Moore is if its a bunch of 3 catch 21 yard games

Training camp has opened my eyes that he's going to be a threat downfield. However, I hope he's just not an extension of the run game.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
30 receptions for 418 yards & 3 tds for Andy in 2 seasons. Only got 13 targets in rookie season. Hopefully Rondale can exceed that if healthy and gets decent amount of snaps

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think AJ Green might have a strong season. Not the AJ Green of old, but he'll be a big upgrade over Fitz.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
It probably would be worse if not for his 80 yard td against 49ers on Thursday night football if I'm remembering correctly lol
I was there for that game. I remember thinking “Finally! That’s what I expected to see out of that guy.” And that was the first and last time I ever had that thought.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cmon Rondale don't be so ruthless with the dollars. Taking $40 from Coach Sullivian for snacks & only adding $9 of his own on Flight Plan lmao. On sidenote, new WR coach is on another level compared to the Gruden lookalike from last year.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cmon Rondale don't be so ruthless with the dollars. Taking $40 from Coach Sullivian for snacks & only adding $9 of his own on Flight Plan lmao. On sidenote, new WR coach is on another level compared to the Gruden lookalike from last year.
Man I had to google to see if this the same Sullivan from 2003 who came from Detroit and sure enough he’s back. Let’s bring back Mean Joe Greene while we at it too lol.