2021 Training Camp Thread

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Isabella does not run good routes, can't get off the jam, is a body catcher and lastly is not that fast. That's right, regardless of past times in the forty, I think the dude is a 4.4 forty guy at best and probably more of a 4.5. Hell, there's a video out there with Turk's son who races Isabella in the forty and it took like the third time for Isabella to barely beat him... the guy cannot even dominate a punter with the trait he's suppose to be exceptional at
Is a guy that with pads is significant slower
But is not just speed which supposed to be his strength, he doesn't possess the traits to be a nfl receiver unfortunately

akg102

Veteran
Reaction score
And that's how the media can subtly make any athlete look like an idiot, even with an honest mistake misquoting them.

DK is probably not even 6% BF, more like 7-9%. I wouldn't want anyone coming into camp that low -- major injury risk.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
The signing of Dortch may be very significant. I read this that Moore looks so good they don’t want the injury risk of using him on kick returns. If I’m correct this is great news. Too often last year field position was compromised by the lack of a return game. Dortch is not a major upgrade but should be an improvement over last season. If Moore can be a major breakaway deep threat this offense could be taking a big step forward. I know this could also be a negative review of Moore but judgments reached this quickly on personnel usually lean in the other direction.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
its early, but with camp you get a sense of players by who they arent talking about

if Isabella had flashed at all, it would be mentioned. KK was asked about him and he started with the classic "umm, yeah.....[meaningless platitude]".

interesting that we hear about Marco Wilson, but not Tay Gowan.

football karma

Reaction score
I read this that Moore looks so good they don’t want the injury risk of using him on kick returns. If I’m correct this is great news.
curious if they also "hide" Moore in the preseason --

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The signing of Dortch may be very significant. I read this that Moore looks so good they don’t want the injury risk of using him on kick returns. If I’m correct this is great news. Too often last year field position was compromised by the lack of a return game. Dortch is not a major upgrade but should be an improvement over last season. If Moore can be a major breakaway deep threat this offense could be taking a big step forward. I know this could also be a negative review of Moore but judgments reached this quickly on personnel usually lean in the other direction.

Thrilled with Moore. When we didn't get Waddle he was the guy I wanted in the 2nd round. Waddle by all reports has been very good in Miami but doesn't look like he's 100% healed from the ankle yet(should have never played in the bowl game). Miami is reportedly considering doing the same thing we did getting another PR guy so they don't have to have Waddle handle all punt returns until he's fully healthy.

Still would have loved Waddle but I think Rondale was a terrific pick and at least so far it looks like he's going to make an impact for us.

I know it's camp but you can see the separation he's getting in some of these videos that's just not something we got that often in the past. the only guy who got separation downfield was Kirk and not consistently and too many drops.

The Purdue fans I know said it was the same in college they just didn't have a QB with a good enough arm to get him the ball so the offense became throw short to Moore and let him get YAC.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its early, but with camp you get a sense of players by who they arent talking about

if Isabella had flashed at all, it would be mentioned. KK was asked about him and he started with the classic "umm, yeah.....[meaningless platitude]".

They mentioned Gowan earlier said he broke up a pass with really good super tight coverage on dhop

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

In the practice vid I posted a couple days ago Andy had a lot of catches. Helped that Kirk was out, but he actually looked good out there. Not sure what he did yesterday though.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know it’s blasphemy to ever praise Keim, Kliff or Isabella on this board but I can’t help myself. Isabella has obviously been a disappointment but he does have talent, is a good guy, has much better hands than the board gives him credit for and is all about his craft. The kid busts his tail. He’s not as shifty as you would like and he’s lacking some between the ears but he can get open deep. If he doesn’t make the team, it’ll be because we have a top 3 receiving core in the league.

football karma

Reaction score
In the practice vid I posted a couple days ago Andy had a lot of catches. Helped that Kirk was out, but he actually looked good out there. Not sure what he did yesterday though.
if the team gets Isabella to a point where he simply contributes regularly its a win

Arians found a way to make JJ Nelson a player who contributed. in 2017, he had 29 rec / 508 yards / 2 tds. I would take that (or course, it also assumes that isnt the 2nd leading WR on the team....)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I know it’s blasphemy to ever praise Keim, Kliff or Isabella on this board but I can’t help myself. Isabella has obviously been a disappointment but he does have talent, is a good guy, has much better hands than the board gives him credit for and is all about his craft. The kid busts his tail. He’s not as shifty as you would like and he’s lacking some between the ears but he can get open deep. If he doesn’t make the team, it’ll be because we have a top 3 receiving core in the league.
Yeah, not at all buying the BS you're selling here. Invisabella has shown absolutely bubkis to date in his career that leads me to believe he should be top 5 on the roster, let alone ON a roster.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah, not at all buying the BS you're selling here. Invisabella has shown absolutely bubkis to date in his career that leads me to believe he should be top 5 on the roster, let alone ON a roster.
If that's the case when the time comes he will be cut and he can go on his way. Until then he has just as much a right to try and take advantage of his opportunity as anyone else.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

What will be the reason that he plays 100 snaps if he lands anywhere else after not making the team?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I agree, but my caveat is that we have seen him OPEN quite a bit but the ball hasn't gone his way. That sometimes curiously happens to receivers, and my guess is that Murray doesn't innately trust him.

Isabella is a case of underthinking and going with your gut too much. DK Metcalf had some issues, but the reality is that he is a big, fast, strong receivers who played against top competition. Isabella's film looked good, but the competition thing should have pushed him down the board further.

Rondale Moore produced a historic freshman season in a power five conference. He had legit reasons for not replicating those results in the next two seasons.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA