Suns @ Bucks Tuesday Finals game thread 7-20-2021 - Game 6

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At an inconsistent 13 points per game in his third season after being the 10th pick the draft and averaging 9 pts/game last year? You think he blew expectations outta the water? I think you’re way off in this one.
His defense is nowhere near what people thought his 3 point shooting? I don’t recall many people predicting that but I could be wrong.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You mean putting words into my mouth like you did?

Pot meet kettle.
I’ve pointed out your lies:

that I’ve said Ayton should be taking Giannis’ role

and

that I said the suns and bucks offense were the same.

I never even intimated, much said anything of the sort.

now please show me where I’ve misstated your position. Quote my post please as I’ve done with your’s.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It isn’t an amazing season when you choke away what could be your only shot at a championship. It just isn’t.

Yeah. Maybe the last opportunity in my lifetime if it takes another 28 years to get there. I do love the Suns though.

I like the Coyotes adding some draft picks in trade.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Man, tonight was a tough one. I wanted it to be a fun special evening so I ordered food from my son‘s favorite restaurant, and they messed up his order and delivered the wrong food (he had zero desire to eat what they sent). I then spent most of the 3rd quarter scrambling to try to fix him some dinner. Then the Suns go down in disappointing fashion. And then to top it all off, APS is working on something so all of the electricity for my neighborhood shut off at 11 and isn’t suppose to get turned back on until after 1. It was a fun season but tonight stings.
That sucks.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Who lied? You put words into my mouth about post up but I lied? LOL. OK. Whatever makes you feel better. Congrats you won an imaginary contest trying to sell Ayton should have played differently while making ludicrous statements. Maybe you should have been in the arena with me instead of the “stadium”? You might have done better.
I’m still waiting for you to show me where I claimed you stated something you did not.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve pointed out your lies:

that I’ve said Ayton should be taking Giannis’ role

and

that I said the suns and bucks offense were the same.

I never even intimated, much said anything of the sort.

now please show me where I’ve misstated your position. Quote my post please as I’ve done with your’s.
I pointed out yours. You said that I said Giannis posted up. Go back and read. I never said that.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
he averaged less points on worse shooting with less assists in the Finals than he did in the regular season. and completely no showed in 3 games.

If that IS Bridges’ standard, then Bridges sucks.
He was by far the best perimeter defender on the team.

I think he’s really good.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His defense is nowhere near what people thought his 3 point shooting? I don’t recall many people predicting that but I could be wrong.
Huh? All people talked about his first two years in the league was how great of a defender he was. And this year, people started questioning his play on that end as his offense got better.

as for shooting, last year, he shot 36% from 3, 38% in the last 20 games of the season and then 42% this year. All the talk in the off-season was about how much his offensive game was ready to blossom.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Uh Bridges was a starter last season. So if they didn’t expect it this year that’s just weird. His defense and shooting improved, but when he was drafted he was an older guy that was expected to be a more ready 3-D guy. Again, if this season wasn’t expected of him the. People expected a bust.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Other than one game, yes he did. But I’ll bet most knowledgeable basketball analysts would credit a lot of this finals win for the bucks first and second on giannis and third on hokidays defense.
And I agree with them. It is possible to have a positive impact in a series while having sub par shooting stats.

That’s sort of my point with bridges.

I’ve already posted the stats numerous times from past games. The bucks really struggled against bridges, especially Middleton.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was by far the best perimeter defender on the team.

I think he’s really good.
He’s a good defender. I don’t think he’s an elite defender.

he also completely disappears too much for a guy with his draft position and she at this point in his career.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh? All people talked about his first two years in the league was how great of a defender he was. And this year, people started questioning his play on that end as his offense got better.

as for shooting, last year, he shot 36% from 3, 38% in the last 20 games of the season and then 42% this year. All the talk in the off-season was about how much his offensive game was ready to blossom.
The Lock down defender they were calling him this year? 42% from 36%. Even Van Gundy said earlier in the playoffs he was surprised. Like I said maybe people predicted. I don’t recall it.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, tonight was a tough one. I wanted it to be a fun special evening so I ordered food from my son‘s favorite restaurant, and they messed up his order and delivered the wrong food (he had zero desire to eat what they sent). I then spent most of the 3rd quarter scrambling to try to fix him some dinner. Then the Suns go down in disappointing fashion. And then to top it all off, APS is working on something so all of the electricity for my neighborhood shut off at 11 and isn’t suppose to get turned back on until after 1. It was a fun season but tonight stings.

My power was out from 12-6 today. I feel your pain. Wasn't a great day but for some reason it doesn't hurt nearly as bad as I expected. Trying to find the bright side, I guess.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I pointed out yours. You said that I said Giannis posted up. Go back and read. I never said that.
I said that bc you were telling me that I was saying Ayton should do what giannis did. But I never claimed that. I was always consistently talking about Ayton posting up. Somehow you brought giannis and the bucks offense into the conversation. Why? I have no idea bc it was completely immaterial to my point - that Ayton should be capable of consistently scoring on 6’3 and 6’7 guards in the post without needing to learn with a post-centric offense designed around him.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said that bc you were telling me that I was saying Ayton should do what giannis did. But I never claimed that. I was always consistently talking about Ayton posting up. Somehow you brought giannis and the bucks offense into the conversation. Why? I have no idea bc it was completely immaterial to my point - that Ayton should be capable of consistently scoring on 6’3 and 6’7 guards in the post without needing to learn with a post-centric offense designed around him.
We were talking about Ayton’s role in this offense and how it contrasts with other offenses who run inside out sets. 100% material. How is not material?

We agree Ayton should score on people when he has mismatches if they give him the ball. How often did they actually manufacture switches for him all season long? They didn’t even do that in the playoffs. Check his assisted stats and shot charts. They didn’t call plays and throw it down to him to go to work very often. Far and away they ran pick and rolls instead. I will have to check but it seems like they tried it more tonight than any game I can remember this playoffs.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He’s a good defender. I don’t think he’s an elite defender.

he also completely disappears too much for a guy with his draft position and she at this point in his career.
“Elite” “good” “disappears” are all subjective.

Bridges has a higher dws drpm and vorp than Jrue Holiday.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a pathetic troll you are. No wonder the founder of this place haaaaated you. Real funny.
Whatever, Kyle. Been following CP3's career from afar ever since the league nixed his trade to the Lakers. He definitely has a tragic pattern going on. Was upset when the deal got shot down but in hindsight...maybe it was for the best. We had some lean years but have at least won a title since then.

And Jim and I were cool. He was one of two people to get our Cards' tickets when we missed two preseason games due to deaths in the family (different seasons).

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
“Elite” “good” “disappears” are all subjective.

Bridges has a higher dws drpm and vorp than Jrue Holiday.
Interestingly Bridges has higher win shares this season than Middleton has ever had in his career.

His vorp is higher too.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interestingly Bridges has higher win shares this season than Middleton has ever had in his career.

His vorp is higher too.

Would you trade Bridges for Middleton? I would, in a heartbeat and I doubt anyone else would pass up that chance either. Advanced stats aren't a tell all. Guess what Middleton has over Bridges? A better finals winning percentage. That's all that matters.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I had to stop by one time to share my frustration.

You must be registered for see images attach

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Hey look on the bright side. It took until there would only be one possible game left in the season for a bunch of people to argue with eachother on the internet. usually it’s when we finish 10th or 11th.

Frustrating way to go out, and I think the suns actually having a good team and showing real potential was part of the reason it stings more. Hard to be that close then have it feel like you just couldn’t keep up with the momentum swings.

life has been crazy these last few years, nice to just watch and enjoy sports again with a team I never thought would be here.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We were talking about Ayton’s role in this offense and how it contrasts with other offenses who run inside out sets. 100% material. How is not material?

We agree Ayton should score on people when he has mismatches if they give him the ball. How often did they actually manufacture switches for him all season long? They didn’t even do that in the playoffs. Check his assisted stats and shot charts. They didn’t call plays and throw it down to him to go to work very often. Far and away they ran pick and rolls instead. I will have to check but it seems like they tried it more tonight than any game I can remember this playoffs.
Nope not even close. I never brought up other offenses. You did. I have been consistent in talking about his inability to take advantage of switches. Which occurred ALL SEASON and ALL PLAYOFFS. It is literally the result of every pick and role we run. And his failure to be capable of taking advantage of 6’3 and 6’7 guards down low and that an entire offense need not be built around that for him to be capable of it. I think I’ve now typed that at least 5 times. Maybe this time you’ll concentrate on what I actually type and not make up strawman arguments to put in my mouth to try to bolster your weak argument that the offense needs to be built around that for him to be capable of it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose