Suns @ Bucks Tuesday Finals game thread 7-20-2021 - Game 6

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is where I am at.

Us being up 16 in Game 5 in the first quarter and somehow losing was Kurt Warner at the goal line down 10-7 and throwing a pick 6 to end the half.

I fully expect some sort of heartbreaking Paxson / Holmes style play to finish this and it will be replayed over and over for a decade.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just have playoff weariness. I would love for the team to win the next two, but the postseason has dragged on for so long and been too stressful.

The playoffs do seem to have lasted an eternity.

The two day break between games in the Finals has made it feel longer. If the Suns should win they play Thursday at home.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
These games have turned me into a knotted mess of nerves. I think it has helped me a lot watching them with my son. I want to create some great memories for him (and me), so everytime I find myself getting super mad or frustrated I do my best to turn on a happy face and try to keep the environment a positive one. Tonight may be the greatest test of my abilities yet.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Buck will have six players on the floor tonight. But we can overcome this
Okay so I know there are a lot of fans that believe that one or more referees are out to get us and will likely cheat for the Bucks but aren't these mostly the same fans who insist the refs have been instructed to take the series to 7 games?

Giannis will get his usual superstar treatment but other than that, I think it will be like all the other games in the Finals - fans of both teams will scream about unfair treatment.

AzCards777

Rookie
Reaction score
Wow, can't believe all the Debbie downers on this forum. Hopefully the players don't have the same feelings. I still believe in this team and they can get the job done tonight. You just have to be positive. Only losers think the worst.
I agree. Is it a tough task yes. Just have to understand that the Bucks played an almost perfect game 5 and we still had a chance to win. We had a chance in Game 4 as well. Hopeing for a great shooting night tonight.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Okay so I know there are a lot of fans that believe that one or more referees are out to get us and will likely cheat for the Bucks but aren't these mostly the same fans who insist the refs have been instructed to take the series to 7 games?
Giannis will get his usual superstar treatment but other than that, I think it will be like all the other games in the Finals - fans of both teams will scream about unfair treatment.
no they are not one and the same. I don’t believe there’s a conspiracy to stretch out series. I do believe there’s something to foster-Paul. It’s just too large of a data set, and too stark a departure from norm, to ignore (12 of 119 games is roughly 10% - Paul’s winning % is 0% in foster’s 10% and 55% in the other 90% - that’s compelling to me).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I agree. Is it a tough task yes. Just have to understand that the Bucks played an almost perfect game 5 and we still had a chance to win. We had a chance in Game 4 as well. Hopeing for a great shooting night tonight.
Exactly. Literally everything other than the beginning of the game aligned for them offensively. Everyone on their team performed to their highest ability at the same time. That’s a rarity for any team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is probably the Suns best chance of winning a championship in my lifetime. The last time they played in the Finals was 28 years ago. It's made it hard to relax knowing this. It will hurt if this opportunity slips away, no way around it.

Last edited:

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Go Suns, let's get this done!!! One game, we can do this!

P.S. At the risk of being a hypocrite, I hereby welcome any and all conspiracies that will push this to a game 7!!

:shrug:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

no they are not one and the same. I don’t believe there’s a conspiracy to stretch out series. I do believe there’s something to foster-Paul. It’s just too large of a data set, and too stark a departure from norm, to ignore (12 of 119 games is roughly 10% - Paul’s winning % is 0% in foster’s 10% and 55% in the other 90% - that’s compelling to me).

This. As I stated I don't buy into the conspiracy thing or the NBA interjecting to stretch this seven. I do believe there is 100% and I mean 100% something to this Foster Paul thing. The results don't lie. Unless someone can give me a plausible explanation for the extremely lopsided results of Foster vs Paul games.

Yes over the course of the game both team's fans will ***** about bad calls. This is not that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This. As I stated I don't buy into the conspiracy thing or the NBA interjecting to stretch this seven. I do believe there is 100% and I mean 100% something to this Foster Paul thing. The results don't lie. Unless someone can give me a plausible explanation for the extremely lopsided results of Foster vs Paul games.

Yes over the course of the game both team's fans will ***** about bad calls. This is not that.
And understand my perspective, I don’t think foster is “out to get” Paul and ensure Paul loses. In other words I don’t think he’s purposefully throwing games away from Paul. I think he just might be biased enough (perhaps even subconsciously) to call things against Paul or Paul’s teammates or swallow whistles for opponents, or give the benefit of the doubt to opponents in 50-50 balls that it places Paul’s team behind the 8 ball. And if Paul’s team loses foster likely isn’t all that unhappy. And in the playoffs where talent goes up and in the finals against an evenly matched team on their home court that tilt may be all that is necessary to lose a game . . . and thus a title.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wont be watching tonight. If they miraculously force a game 7 then I'll watch but I have no intention witnessing a Bucks 4 game sweep of the Suns and Championship celebration tonight.
Yea i feel ya man im trying to stay confident but that vibe is dying closer to tip....

Obviously wishin best

Man sad and happy and still very proud of our suns on a great effort regroup if lose make 1 final attempt next yr with paul

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I just have zero enthusiasm for this today...I hope I build something up. I should be enjoying this more.
Same here. I was defeated when they dropped game four, and then the last game just did me in completely. I just have no energy or optimism. I hope they prove me wrong, but I've felt that this was over when they dropped game four.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is probably the Suns best chance of winning a championship in my lifetime. The last time they played in the Finals was 28 years ago. It's made it hard to relax knowing this. It will hurt if this opportunity to slips away, no way around it.
Just like the cards failure ugh hope we all can enjoy feeling as a fan of cards suns getting title 1 yr.... just seems az cursed in that regard

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
my biggest fear is a cold night from Crowder and Bridges.

Book has been solid. We need to see 4th qtr CP3.

Stats are close between both teams, it will come down to coaching again as it has been in games 3-5.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
my biggest fear is a cold night from Crowder and Bridges.

Book has been solid. We need to see 4th qtr CP3.

Stats are close between both teams, it will come down to coaching again as it has been in games 3-5.
Im afraid book will have a off night in such a clutch gm he is just due for bad book to show...

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And understand my perspective, I don’t think foster is “out to get” Paul and ensure Paul loses. In other words I don’t think he’s purposefully throwing games away from Paul. I think he just might be biased enough (perhaps even subconsciously) to call things against Paul or Paul’s teammates or swallow whistles for opponents, or give the benefit of the doubt to opponents in 50-50 balls that it places Paul’s team behind the 8 ball. And if Paul’s team loses foster likely isn’t all that unhappy. And in the playoffs where talent goes up and in the finals against an evenly matched team on their home court that tilt may be all that is necessary to lose a game . . . and thus a title.
Scott Foster wouldn't be the first ref to put himself above the game and hold vendettas against players. There have been so many interviews with players that knew a Ref hated them and that impacted what happened on the floor. There is nothing sub-conscience about Scott Foster. He has a beef with Paul and it's painfully obvious being undefeated against Paul. Does that equate to outright "throwing the game"? No, not exactly. It doesn't have to be. Not sure how much you paid attention to the Tim Donaghy stuff but Donaghy admitted how easy it was to impact the outcome of games as an NBA Ref over the course of a game. A timely call here or there especially in tight games can easily stop momentum or put a team into foul trouble.

It's as simple as not only how you call the game (tight or let things go) but the timing of calling fouls. The only way to combat that as a team is to have a huge enough lead or hope the other Refs on the court can balance out those calls. The NBA is one of the few sports where the Refs have a ton of leeway on how the game is called (tight or let things go). That's a ton of power that over the course of a game has an impact. So, Foster might not be outright trying to throw games but he has a cumulative effect on the outcomes which is obvious with Paul led teams being 0-12.

Again, my biggest issue is with the NBA not Scott Foster. He is an *** for sure. However, if I am the NBA why? Why let that guy near a game knowing that it opens you up for scrutiny? I don't get it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

From my perspective, it's insane the NBA would let this be a topic for conversation in the Finals.

It's not like it's an unknown issue.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Here is where I am at.

Us being up 16 in Game 5 in the first quarter and somehow losing was Kurt Warner at the goal line down 10-7 and throwing a pick 6 to end the half.

I fully expect some sort of heartbreaking Paxson / Holmes style play to finish this and it will be replayed over and over for a decade.

That lead was a fluke. Holiday got two quick fouls, came out early and the Suns built a big lead. As soon as he came back in the lead started to decrease.

Unfortunately, Holiday was fresh and got to play against the Suns' backups which is when things went sideways in the second quarter.

I'm not trying to excuse the loss or anything, but I don't think the Suns necessarily choked.

Kurt Warner choked.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is probably the Suns best chance of winning a championship in my lifetime. The last time they played in the Finals was 28 years ago. It's made it hard to relax knowing this. It will hurt if this opportunity to slips away, no way around it.

They had good chances to win the Championship in '94, '95, '06 and '07 too.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They had good chances to win the Championship in '94, '95, '06 and '07 too.

I'm talking about the Suns infrequent appearances in the Finals: 1976 and 1993.

It seems to be even harder to do it in the modern era with players forming superstar teams.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Same here. I was defeated when they dropped game four, and then the last game just did me in completely. I just have no energy or optimism. I hope they prove me wrong, but I've felt that this was over when they dropped game four.

For me, the hammer dropped when I saw CP3 playing in person at the beginning of Game 5, and it was obvious he was nowhere near 100% physically. Even with the Suns' big first quarter, I knew the series was over right then and there.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm talking about the Suns infrequent appearances in the Finals: 1976 and 1993.

It seems to be even harder to do it in the modern era with players forming superstar teams.
I get it, just trying to be optimistic. They will have more chances!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard