Bucks @ Suns Saturday Finals game thread 7-17-2021 Game - Game 5

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I am not even sure what they do with Paul now.

if this is the best he can play in the finals, I don’t think I want him resigned.
Unless you have a good replacement you resign him. Otherwise this tram takes a big step backwards. We don’t want that with these young guys.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then we disagree. Middle of the game he was lazy getting back and a non factor for most part.
Name one player on either side that didn’t have similar lapses? Case and point the Suns outplayed the Bucks in the paint. Lopez and Tucker were nom factors in the front court.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hang in there Suns fans.

On the bright side, we’ve lost 3 in a row and we’re due for a win.

Do you really expect their big three of Giannis, Middleton, & Holiday to be that efficient again offensively? I don’t.

That lead in the 2nd quarter seemed to evaporate with Booker off the floor. If I’m coach, Book is playing 48 minutes with n game 6, period.

One win is all it takes to swing the momentum back to us. One win and we are back home to take it all.

As Chris Paul would say, we can’t give up now. Why not us?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unless you have a good replacement you resign him. Otherwise this tram takes a big step backwards. We don’t want that with these young guys.
There is no good replacement, but resigning him to a cap killing deal to lose in the second round 3 years in a row doesn‘t make any sense.

I would try and do a sign and trade.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton didn’t help us on rebounds even though he had 10.
He expects the ball to drop straight down under the goal. Doesn’t body up on box outs.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There is no good replacement, but resigning him to a cap killing deal to lose in the second round 3 years in a row doesn‘t make any sense.

Shhhh, not time for that yet.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He expects the ball to drop straight down under the goal. Doesn’t body up on box outs.
Really disappointing rebounding by him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
5 Suns in double figures 40 from Booker and 20/10+ double doubles from Ayton and Paul and still not enough

Suns defense was the story of this game
Offense wasn’t the primary culprit. And it kinda wasn’t defense. They were shooting lights out for awhile. But I put that on monty’s poor game management. Bud showed how you make quick timeouts when there’s even a slight shift in momentum. Monty has failed at that all season. And was at his mismanagement worst tonight. The cherry on top was the no timeout down one with the ability to win the game. Just mismanagement.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
He can’t be that physical underneath because of foul trouble. I’d like him to be more aggressive on rebounds, but you don’t want Ayton fighting through too many box outs and risk getting over the back calls.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
So....... I think I took this loss really poorly.

I am not sure I have ever seen such poor shooting lead to such long rebounds that the other team miraculously came up with in my life.

It's not over...... but it sure does feel like it. I have no faith in Paul finding his rhythm. And Mikal & Cam aren't ready to be #3.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty has been outcoached this series and the previous series as well. :(
Meh.

The end of the last two games we had the ball in one of our two best players hands with the potential to take the lead or tie. Their best players made great defensive plays and then made us pay at the other end.

Sometimes you should tip your cap to the opponent. A loss isn't always because the coach sucked or one of players choked.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not at 45M+, he can go ahead and opt out. Suns need a PG that wont try to play "And 1" with behind the back TO. Needa legit backup C for nights like this when DA decides to play like a small fwd and has hands of stone, and a back up SG cuz Book cant play 48. Bridges has taken a dump. Cam Johnson needs to start
Who are you signing in place of Paul.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Who says we lose in the 2nd round next year and beyond? Didn't you pick the Lakers to beat us in round 1? Come on. Don't act like you can predict the future.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Agree on most except the end. They got super lucky with Anthony Davis and Kawhi going down. That won't happen again. Other teams will retool. Suns probably won't sniff the Finals again for a long, long, time.
Unless jones pulls a rabbit outta his hat or Ayton, Bridges and cam Johnson somehow make giant leaps forward, I agree.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Meh.

The end of the last two games we had the ball in one of our two best players hands with the potential to take the lead or tie. Their best players made great defensive plays and then made us pay at the other end.

Sometimes you should tip your cap to the opponent. A loss isn't always because the coach sucked or one of players choked.
Yes the Bucks are battle-tested and have arguably best player on the planet. People act like they’re playing Orlando.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Every defining play of this series has included at least one Suns error.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
So....... I think I took this loss really poorly.

I am not sure I have ever seen such poor shooting lead to such long rebounds that the other team miraculously came up with in my life.

It's not over...... but it sure does feel like it. I have no faith in Paul finding his rhythm. And Mikal & Cam aren't ready to be #3.
Neither will ever be a #3 on a championship team. Cam plays hard on defense and hits timely shots, but don’t count on him to go for 20+ often. Mikal was supposed to be a lockdown defender, but he is getting exposed in this series. If they just focus on their own craft, they’ll both have long, successful careers in the league

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Monty has been outcoached this series and the previous series as well. :(
the decision I would really question is how long he kept booker on the bench during the Bucks run. the Bucks seemed to rush Holliday back to the court every time things would go sideways. Holliday was the best player today if you consider his effort on both ends...but then again Giannis had a monster game too and wasn't terrible from the line until the end. Booker did have some juice in his legs late, maybe that goes back to the rest. It would have been nice to call a timeout on that last play where Booker didn't seem to have much help once the play broke down.