Bucks @ Suns Saturday Finals game thread 7-17-2021 Game - Game 5

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
I am not even sure what they do with Paul now.

if this is the best he can play in the finals, I don’t think I want him resigned.
Not at 45M+, he can go ahead and opt out. Suns need a PG that wont try to play "And 1" with behind the back TO. Needa legit backup C for nights like this when DA decides to play like a small fwd and has hands of stone, and a back up SG cuz Book cant play 48. Bridges has taken a dump. Cam Johnson needs to start

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m sorry but Holiday grabbed both of Bookers wrists. D Book is still the most disrespected player in this league.

Credit to the Bucks for playing out of their minds.
If I’m the Suns I’m not crushed by this loss, I’m pissed. This series isn’t over yet.
I mean, Booker hugged Khris & that didn’t get called.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bucks have had secondary players step last three games big time. Suns can’t say the the same. Their bench is crushing our bench. Our big three is now one guy. Paul and Ayton have been pathetic last two games. Ayton playing like his old ***** self

A lot of fans thought losing Saric wasn't a big loss but the Suns bench missed him.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Bucks have had secondary players step last three games big time. Suns can’t say the the same. Their bench is crushing our bench. Our big three is now one guy. Paul and Ayton have been pathetic last two games. Ayton playing like his old ***** self

he had 20/10 tonight while guarding Giannis all night and that’s “pathetic”?

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No team goes from the basement to the Championship in the NBA… ever.
This Suns team surprised everyone, including all of you.
This painful experience will sharpen them and they will be better for it.
They’re not that far from being a Champion, even with an aging CP3. I trust Jones, AND Monty. They’ll do what is needed to the best of their abilities, to strengthen this team and further minimize the weak points. More quality depth behind Ayton us to be the top priority.
Not sure about Crowder… start him or locate a better option for starter.

What a season. It was an unexpected and one helluva ride!
Agree on most except the end. They got super lucky with Anthony Davis and Kawhi going down. That won't happen again. Other teams will retool. Suns probably won't sniff the Finals again for a long, long, time.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I thought the Suns defense was good enough to win. Bucks made a ton of contested shots. Tip your cap.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Agree on most except the end. They got super lucky with Anthony Davis and Kawhi going down. That won't happen again. Other teams will retool. Suns probably won't sniff the Finals again for a long, long, time.

Oh, I’m not saying they’ll be champs next year… it took LeBron 9 seasons before he won it. Took Jordan 6(?).
But, I think they’ll be contending again within the next 3-4 years…
Could be next season, maybe in two seasons… maybe three. But they’ll be knocking on the door again.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Should have gone for the jugular in the 2nd. Giannis was gassed.

I’m sure he left timeouts on the table too in the first half

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The series is likely over. The Bucks have beat us every possible way the last three. Our big three put up the same numbers that have won us most of our games and that wasn’t enough. Plus this young team has never played with this much pressure.

We have a chance but it’s a small one.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Last seconds of qtr. You expect Booker to pass.
Yeah he’s got to learn to be better than that if he wants to be legendary. Like a dude named Jordan letting Kerr and Paxton hit the winning shots.

that said, book ain’t the reason we lost. It’s on Monty.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Only good thing is even though the Bucks have won 3 in a row the pressure is on them imo
Hopefully so woeful shooting

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah, it took a ton of luck to get this far. It sucks not to win it all but I never even expected to be in the Finals.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Booker Bridges and Ayton all with pluses. That second quarter lineup was an absolute disaster. Predictibly so.

Paul had to dominate when he’s in there with cams crowder and Craig. He sucked.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No team goes from the basement to the Championship in the NBA… ever.
This Suns team surprised everyone, including all of you.
This painful experience will sharpen them and they will be better for it.
They’re not that far from being a Champion, even with an aging CP3. I trust Jones, AND Monty. They’ll do what is needed to the best of their abilities, to strengthen this team and further minimize the weak points. More quality depth behind Ayton us to be the top priority.
Not sure about Crowder… start him or locate a better option for starter.

What a season. It was an unexpected and one helluva ride!

even if they are better, which honestly I am skeptical of because of the declining Chris Paul, the Lakers and nets will very likely still be superior.

doubtful this group ever gets this good of a chance again.

their best shot by far is somehow winning the next two games.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Anyone complaining about Bridges at half time of this game is insane.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah he’s got to learn to be better than that if he wants to be legendary. Like a dude named Jordan letting Kerr and Paxton hit the winning shots.

that said, book ain’t the reason we lost. It’s on Monty.
100% agree. Can’t play 1 on 5 all the time make the smart play.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Kawhi has had season ending injuries, knocking him out of the playoffs in 3 of the last 5 years.

Davis is always hurt.

thinking those guys will ever be the picture of health is stupid based on their history. Especially because Kawhi tore his ACL in JUNE. He ain’t gonna be even close to being Kawhi until season after next.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard