Bucks @ Suns Saturday Finals game thread 7-17-2021 Game - Game 5

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul has been getting good shots but missing. If he makes those shots the Suns usually win. He is also uncharacteristically turning the ball over.

So his handle is a concern for me.

The Suns defense in Game 4 was good throughout most of the game but they can't give the Bucks 17 offensive rebounds like in the last meeting.

Turnovers and giving up second chance points was a killer for the Suns.
There could have been more too. I lost count how many times he almost lost his own dribble which is why I am positive he is hurt. Since when does CP3 lose his own dribble? That happened after the shoulder injury and starting seeing it again during the Clips series (he later admitted he had torn ligaments). I think that is also related to his passing as well. Which would normally be a crisp and accurate pass they have been all over the place. I have had multiple ligament injuries, legs, shoulder, foot and I had really good days and really bad days. When the injury swells I had very little strength. On the good days I had more. It was a roller coaster through the healing process (especially in my foot) because I could easily reaggravate it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There could have been more too. I lost count how many times he almost lost his own dribble which is why I am positive he is hurt. Since when does CP3 lose his own dribble? That happened after the shoulder injury and starting seeing it again during the Clips series (he later admitted he had torn ligaments). I think that is also related to his passing as well. Which would normally be a crisp and accurate pass they have been all over the place.

Yeah, I don't think Chris Paul is right but I doubt the Suns can win the series without him especially since Cam Payne has not been playing particularly well.

They may well have to dance with the one that brought them and hope he can figure out a way to play through it.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chris Paul has been getting good shots but missing. If he makes those shots the Suns usually win. He is also uncharacteristically turning the ball over.

So his handle is a concern for me.

The Suns defense in Game 4 was good throughout most of the game but they can't give the Bucks 17 offensive rebounds like in the last meeting.

Turnovers and giving up second chance points was a killer for the Suns.

its the turnovers that are concerning. He’s just being so careless with the ball. Throwing it to nobody over and over

As far as offensive rebounding that’s a team effort thing. We got to crash the boards and gang rebound. If you want Ayton to get offensive rebounds that’s not going to happen if you keep him on Giannis.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its the turnovers that are concerning. He’s just being so careless with the ball. Throwing it to nobody over and over

As far as offensive rebounding that’s a team effort thing. We got to crash the boards and gang rebound. If you want Ayton to get offensive rebounds that’s not going to happen if you keep him on Giannis.

those behind the back passes to no one got to stop.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
those behind the back passes to no one got to stop.
Yeah he HAS to understand that with his hand problems he needs to allow for his current limitations. Either that or we can't play him and not playing him brings it's own set of problems.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah he HAS to understand that with his hand problems he needs to allow for his current limitations. Either that or we can't play him and not playing him brings it's own problems.
That's key. He has to play within his limitations. If he is feeling good that fine. Let her rip. If he has having problems with the handle? Stop trying to pass behind the back and making those cross court passes.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's key. He has to play within his limitations. If he is feeling good that fine. Let her rip. If he has having problems with the handle? Stop trying to pass behind the back and making those cross court passes.
Yep, and he's too smart to not realize it. I hope.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't think Paul has suddenly gotten careless with the ball. The same with his shot being off. IMO, there is more to the story.

The Suns are so concerned with the wall for Giannis the Bucks are getting a lot of long rebounds and sneaking inside it for some put backs. I really like the Suns wall but they have to be aware of what's going on around it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't think Paul has suddenly gotten careless with the ball. The same with his shot being off. IMO, there is more to the story.

The Suns are so concerned with the wall for Giannis the Bucks are getting a lot of long rebounds and sneaking inside it for some put backs. I really like the Suns wall but they have to be aware of what's going on around it.
Couldn’t agree more with both points. Their wall keeps giannis away from the basket but they have to understand that he’s not just kicking to 3 point shooters but to diving players behind the wall too.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When was the last time the NBA Finals was tied at 2-2 after 4 games? Was it Spurs/Heat back in 2013? Or maybe Bron/GS in 2014? Man... this game is GINORMOUS.

think I just heard that only 4 times in the last 40 years did both teams win all their home games in the first four games.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I think that title is awful. If Paul is injured I’m sure the suns staff and coaches know it and believe, like in the first round, that he’s still our best chance at a title.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When was the last time the NBA Finals was tied at 2-2 after 4 games? Was it Spurs/Heat back in 2013? Or maybe Bron/GS in 2014? Man... this game is GINORMOUS.
If the Suns take this game all the pressure shifts back to the Bucks. They will be on the verge of elimination and I would hope the Suns smell blood in the water. If the Bucks win this game? It could be over. That would be a huge blow to the Suns mentally. Think about it. That would be 3 losses in a row to the Bucks and they have beaten you with two HUGE Giannis games and one mediocre game by Giannis. They would have beaten us both ways 3 games in a row.

I am not saying it's impossible but it becomes a different series. This team is young. They have NEVER felt that kind of pressure that comes with being in the finals. CP3 has health issues. It's going to be a tough hill to climb if we lose this next game. I am not sure this young team is ready for that kind of pressure that would come with needing to win the last two in a row in the finals. I think the Bucks now that. It's not impossible. This team has the best road record. They can play well away. Then return here and ride the crowd to our first title.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If the Suns take this game all the pressure shifts back to the Bucks. They will be on the verge of elimination and I would hope the Suns smell blood in the water. If the Bucks win this game? It could be over. That would be a huge blow to the Suns mentally. Think about it. That would be 3 losses in a row to the Bucks and they have beaten you with two HUGE Giannis games and one mediocre game by Giannis. They would have beaten us both ways 3 games in a row.

I am not saying it's impossible but it becomes a different series. This team is young. They have NEVER felt that kind of pressure that comes with being in the finals. CP3 has health issues. It's going to be a tough hill to climb if we lose this next game. I am not sure this young team is ready for that kind of pressure that would come with needing to win the last two in a row in the finals. I think the Bucks now that. It's not impossible. This team has the best road record. They can play well away. Then return here and ride the crowd to our first title.
I think it’s funny calling giannis last game “mediocre”. He had 26/14/8. His season averages are 29/12/5. So he had an average game IMO.

but you’re not wrong about the magnitude of the game. If either team loses it places them in a close out game. suns haven’t faced an elimination game this postseason. Bucks had to overcome two in the nets series.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Phoenix Suns Arena will now be known as Footprint Center.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Reaction score
Game 5 is a must win for the Suns. Not the same for the Bucks. They will try to steal this one and they can fail. But we can't. We have to keep the home court advantage at all costs. If we manage to do it, we will have two shots for glory. This is the most important game for the Suns since decades. And if we win it, the following one will be THE GAME.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Game 5 is a must win for the Suns. Not the same for the Bucks. They will try to steal this one and they can fail. But we can't. We have to keep the home court advantage at all costs. If we manage to do it, we will have two shots for glory. This is the most important game for the Suns since decades. And if we win it, the following one will be THE GAME.

yeah... coming off two consecutive losses after going up 2-0 puts the majority of the pressure on us. It’s a pressure point this team hasn’t yet faced in the postseason and I am excited/nervous to see how we respond.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

I'll go out on that limb...and predict that whoever wins Game 5 wins the Championship! :oops:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Here’s what I expect of game 5:

suns
Book has very good game
Paul has adequate game
Ayton has good game
Bridges is nowhere
Crowder drives us insane with up and down game
Cam Johnson keeps playing well
Payne has nice bounce back game
Craig makes a couple big plays

bucks
Giannis is giannis and goes for 30
Middleton is meh
Holiday is poor
Lopez has solid game
Tucker has poor game
Portis makes some plays
Connaughton makes some big threes but is overall quiet
Teague plays poorly

suns win

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'll go out on that limb...and predict that whoever wins Game 5 wins the Championship! :oops:
Highly probably prediction imo. Not much of a limb. If the Buck's win 3 in a row, they definitely make it four at home, the way I see it. That's just a c rap ton of momentum going into that place that we won't nothing to do with. I'm glad we have our backs to a wall here.. we will see all about what this team is made of by the end of tomorrow night..

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not much of a limb. The Bucks have all the confidence in the world already and winning three in a row would send them over the moon knowing they only have to win one of the remaining two. The Suns have not faced this kind of pressure EVER but if they win? They have to be confident taking one more.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Highly probably prediction imo. Not much of a limb. If the Buck's win 3 in a row, they definitely make it four at home, the way I see it. That's just a c rap ton of momentum going into that place that we won't nothing to do with. I'm glad we have our backs to a wall here.. we will see all about what this team is made of by the end of tomorrow night..

I think we'll see what Chris Paul is "made of" by the end of tomorrow night. ;)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clearly the best case scenario is for the Suns to win games 5 and 6 - next best is to win games 5 and 7. But if we lose game 5 I'll still believe this team has a chance to win it all. At that point, you're just looking at 1 win on the road to become the favorite again.

Reaction score
Here’s what I expect of game 5:

suns
Book has very good game
Paul has adequate game
Ayton has good game
Bridges is nowhere
Crowder drives us insane with up and down game
Cam Johnson keeps playing well
Payne has nice bounce back game
Craig makes a couple big plays

bucks
Giannis is giannis and goes for 30
Middleton is meh
Holiday is poor
Lopez has solid game
Tucker has poor game
Portis makes some plays
Connaughton makes some big threes but is overall quiet
Teague plays poorly

suns win
Maybe everything you have written will be correct, maybe everything will be wrong. I only hope in your last two words: Suns Win.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard