Will be updating ASFN forum software.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do threads in P&R not show up when you hit the New Posts button?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The notification problem has returned. If you don't click on the top notification, there will always remain a red 1 over notifications. This problems had previously resolved.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Language filter is out of control. Other than that, I'm enjoying the dark theme and everything else seems fine from my end.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
You can't even write *****? That is a really restricted language filter.

r@pe

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
All these pages have got me shook. And losing the arrows that navigate you to the bottom or the top are missed.

And I am bugged by the alerts issue as well.

Stout

Reaction score
Now NONE of the alerts are clearing. FYI, you can mark each individually as read, which is nice. Still, if you have a bunch of alerts, I can see that getting annoying.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's kind of weird how many different bugs individual users are experiencing that others aren't.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This is probably low on the totem but the language filter is off the charts too aggressive. Simple words like "s.c.r.e.w." or saying dribble p.e.n.e.t.r.a.t.e are getting filtered. The two sites I ran had the same problem out of the gate.

Thanks!

Totally understand. I had to quickly upload a 1000+ word list to the censorship and there are alot the need to be removed. I am doing that as we speak. The 2 you listed above are now not censored.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Totally understand. I had to quickly upload a 1000+ word list to the censorship and there are alot the need to be removed. I am doing that as we speak. The 2 you listed above are now not censored.
Thanks Shaggy. I know from personal experience what a job running a site is. Appreciate the work and response.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks Shaggy. I know from personal experience what a job running a site is. Appreciate the work and response.
No more Tapatalk is a big bummer. So user friendly. Oh well. No more alerts to draw me into the forum more often I guess.

What type of notifications did you get with TT? XF has the ability to setup push notifications for you on your phone. Have not seen the bottom of the site where its asking for permission to enable push notifications?

You must be registered for see images attach

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What type of notifications did you get with TT? XF has the ability to setup push notifications for you on your phone. Have not seen the bottom of the site where its asking for permission to enable push notifications?
TT on iOS uses standard app notification. So basically, you could setup the notification any way you want (locks screen, icon, notification window). It's all standard in iOS. Not sure about sure about the other platforms. I will have to check out the phone notifications setup here.

Not sure if this was directed at me as well? Again, appreciate the work you are doing and love the changes. I know what a pain it can be especially if you have an entire other job.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
TT on iOS uses standard app notification. So basically, you could setup the notification any way you want (locks screen, icon, notification window). It's all standard in iOS. Not sure about sure about the other platforms. I will have to check out the phone notifications setup here.

Not sure if this was directed at me as well? Again, appreciate the work you are doing and love the changes. I know what a pain it can be especially if you have an entire other job.

It wasn't but for some reason your thread was still quoted into my post to Big. Thanks for the info though

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It wasn't but for some reason your thread was still quoted into my post to Big. Thanks for the info though
Shaggy I looked at your picture above and I don't see the same thing you do. There is no link at the bottom of my page to setup phone notifications. I am happy to help you test the functionality.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach
I enabled. It unfortunately sens me likes too instead of just replies and quotes but it will do.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Shaggy hey just an update. That notification link didn't appear in Edge for me but did in Firefox. Even then it's only a browser notification which depnding on the device you may not see anyway because it's not a native app on the device. For example, once I turned them on, I got Windows notification but still nothing on my iPhone. One option might be to use RSS. Then users can use an RSS app so they get native phone notifications if they have an RSS app.

Just a thought.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The old format was the best of any Internet forum out there. Damn shame.

How do you clear the post section if you want to erase something you don’t send or accidentally quote someone twice?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The old format was the best of any Internet forum out there. Damn shame.

How do you clear the post section if you want to erase something you don’t send or accidentally quote someone twice?

What's worked for me is deleting everything from that quoted post and then refreshing the page. That's worked but it is a pain compared to how easy it was before.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Shaggy I looked at your picture above and I don't see the same thing you do. There is no link at the bottom of my page to setup phone notifications. I am happy to help you test the functionality.

Do you have a iphone?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, now the filter blocks out these words: s e x u a l, r a p e, r a p i s t, etc?

A bit overboard because of some of the topics that get discussed here. Likely just needs tweaking.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should a list be started of words that shouldn't be censored? I was just thinking it could be an easier fix to have a thread everyone could contribute to rather than coming back here every so often to point out the absurdity of words like b a l l s being censored.

Stout

Reaction score
The language filter needs to just be scrapped and done over, rather than tweeked. It starred out k-i-l-l when I wrote "time to ****" for crying out loud. K-i-l-l is a dirty word we can't type? I mean, come on.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The language filter needs to just be scrapped and done over, rather than tweeked. It starred out k-i-l-l when I wrote "time to ****" for crying out loud. K-i-l-l is a dirty word we can't type? I mean, come on.

Nothing tops not being able to say ***** (b a l l s) on a sports forum.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose