CP3 Rumored Trade

Chris Paul for Oubre/Rubio/Jerome?

• Yes I would make the trade

• No I would not make the trade

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Has CP3 ever said he does not like it here in Arizona? I would think he sees the Suns are a young team and can go to the finals the next 2-3 years.

No, he specifically chose Phoenix as his destination when OKC put him on the trade block last offseason. He wanted to be somewhere with good weather, close to LA (family), and had a chance to compete.

I know Philadelphia was another team he could have gone to but he wanted Phoenix instead. Philly has been really good the last 4 years or so and are contenders in the East.

Paul has done nothing but praise the city and organization the last couple of months. He could be a free agent this offseason and he's also the president of the players association so he's not going to show his hand prior to sitting down and working out an extension. There's no reason to believe he won't re-up here though.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe this is what makes Chris Paul so special. He has always had to work hard to get where he is today.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think this might be the case.

Nuggets are going to be in a tough spot either this offseason or next. They've pretty much banked on MPJ being a future superstar and are going to have to pay him accordingly. He's a tremendous shooter able to hit tough shots but offers little else, little shot creation, somewhat of a blackhole once he get the ball and an absolute train wreck on D. If he ends up getting maxed out it'll likely come back to bite them if he doesn't make major strides.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nuggets are going to be in a tough spot either this offseason or next. They've pretty much banked on MPJ being a future superstar and are going to have to pay him accordingly. He's a tremendous shooter able to hit tough shots but offers little else, little shot creation, somewhat of a blackhole once he get the ball and an absolute train wreck on D. If he ends up getting maxed out it'll likely come back to bite them if he doesn't make major strides.

and the back surgeries, his tweaked back in game 2 might be sign of things to come unfortunately

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
and the back surgeries, his tweaked back in game 2 might be sign of things to come unfortunately

Yeah. I'm not sure what he was like before the surgeries when he was the consensus #1 player but even when healthy in the NBA he doesn't appear to have any lateral movement despite looking explosive vertically. I just can't see sustained success for anyone in the NBA not able to change directions on offense or slide their feet on defense.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think the Nuggets are in a good place. Jamal Murray and Nikola Jokic are stars. If Michael Porter Jr. can stay healthy he is a rising star. They have nice complementary pieces.

Coach Michael Malone thought the Nuggets could contend for a championship this season after they traded for Aaron Gordon but before Jamal Murray goes down days later due to injury.

Maybe they can sign MPJ for less than the max because teams may not want to gamble on his health.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I think the Nuggets are in a good place. Jamal Murray and Nikola Jokic are stars. If Michael Porter Jr. can stay healthy he is a rising star. They have nice complementary pieces.

Coach Michael Malone thought the Nuggets could contend for a championship this season after they traded for Aaron Gordon but before Jamal Murray goes down days later due to injury.

Maybe they can sign MPJ for less than the max because teams may not want to gamble on his health.

Agree... the loss of Murray impacted their entire offense. I still don't place MPJ and Gordon on any sort of "elite" level, and even with Murray, I don't see the Nuggets as championship caliber. But, Barton & Morris are very solid offensive players and again, with a healthy Murray, the floor opens up for guys like MPJ and Gordon.
The Suns still would've beaten Denver with a healthy Murray...though, the games would've been hugely more competitive.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Agree... the loss of Murray impacted their entire offense. I still don't place MPJ and Gordon on any sort of "elite" level, and even with Murray, I don't see the Nuggets as championship caliber. But, Barton & Morris are very solid offensive players and again, with a healthy Murray, the floor opens up for guys like MPJ and Gordon.
The Suns still would've beaten Denver with a healthy Murray...though, the games would've been hugely more competitive.
I agree with all of this. A healthy murray moves everyone other than jokic down a peg in order of importance. MJP may grow into an excellent #3. Gordon can be good as a purely complimentary piece and Barton and Morris give them some addition pieces.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Anyone else surprised milsap didn’t play at all yesterday? He was successful against us in earlier games.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't think we should make this trade. CP3 is too old he's got no game left.

Ty Jerome is gonna be the next big thing.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think we should make this trade. CP3 is too old he's got no game left.

Ty Jerome is gonna be the next big thing.
Yea rubio is 100 times better paul he played in europe !!! Wink lol

Haha this thread is hilarious now

Paul basically just led suns to wcf no way in hell does rubio do that lol

Epic season signing wow

Still aww stunned suns got sweep haha

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I just hope this series will stop any talk of acquiring Aaron Gordon or thinking he's a guy to pay. Totally outclassed all series.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Stay away from gordon at all costs he killed den this series suns can do better :)

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Paul l
I think this was posted earlier. Chris Paul hasn't even seen the report he was opting out.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Paul likes monty book ayton fans to much to leave phoenix and fans love paul!!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was very surprised. I even mentioned it in one of the game threads.

I was not surprised once it was obvious even Dario could drive around him. He put a huge target on his back, as big as Porter, but he does not offer the potential offense.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I was not surprised once it was obvious even Dario could drive around him. He put a huge target on his back, as big as Porter, but he does not offer the potential offense.
Disagree there. I don’t remember which game exactly but he couldn’t miss from 3 in one of them.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Milsap was a huge letdown in last years playoffs against the Lakers. He's had his chances but looks like he is what is and on the decline.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gordon was perfect for the Marion role prior to Murray going down but he got exposed being their third guy. If he’s your 4th guy you’re a really good team.

I agree with this. Aaron Gordon is a fourth player on a good team. His defense was better than expected.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I probably like this Denver team more than most. IMO, they are very close. They have two stars in Murray and Jokic and a nice bunch of complementary players. I'm thinking Michael Porter Jr. has a chance to be a Gordon Hayward type player.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave