Cardinals GM: If Larry Fitzgerald is ready to play, ‘we’ll have a spot for him’

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
sorry to pile on but yeah I actually laughed out loud at the idea of Fitz breaking one for a touchdown.
You and Shane can laugh all you want, sticky hands, tough after catch, fitz still has plenty of something something, plenty of respect for fitz by NFL defenses - none for wiscnsincard.

I mean who you going to in the clutch beyond Hopkins? Kirk?isabella? Johnson? Many of kms passes were in desperation to fitz, I don’t the system or the quarterback favors fitz. Hope AJ Green can hang, hope ron Moore can be like rob moore. But in fitz I trust, just don’t think his target to catch ratio was a fair this year, KM just doesn’t have it down with fitz.

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You and Shane can laugh all you want, sticky hands, tough after catch, fitz still has plenty of something something, plenty of respect for fitz by NFL defenses - none for wiscnsincard.

I mean who you going to in the clutch beyond Hopkins? Kirk?isabella? Johnson? Many of kms passes were in desperation to fitz, I don’t the system or the quarterback favors fitz. Hope AJ Green can hang, hope ron Moore can be like rob moore. But in fitz I trust, just don’t think his target to catch ratio was a fair this year, KM just doesn’t have it down with fitz.

haha dreaming is free my friend

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suggs didn't end up here for one reason - public image. He was charged with felony aggravated assault just before the draft and there is no way in heck Mr. Bidwiill was going to draft him after that. It got cleared up later, but the damage had already been done. It's amazing how often he gets brought up despite this fact.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

I'm hurt...

Ok I'm over it.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Suggs didn't end up here for one reason - public image. He was charged with felony aggravated assault just before the draft and there is no way in heck Mr. Bidwiill was going to draft him after that. It got cleared up later, but the damage had already been done. It's amazing how often he gets brought up despite this fact.
Thanks. Never heard that.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was very angry they didn't draft Suggs because of this. The charge was ******** from the get go.

I would argue it was the biggest draft blunder in Arizona. Thanks for reminding me about it. :(

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Adrian Peterson says hi...lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Missing out on drafting a running back top 5? We were just ahead of the times! Most of this board would freak out at the idea of drafting a running back that high.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Missing out on drafting a running back top 5? We were just ahead of the times! Most of this board would freak out at the idea of drafting a running back that high.
Today? Yes....but then?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Today? Yes....but then?

I don’t think AP falls far in today’s draft. He was another world in terms of talent. And that’s even with the knowledge he was a talented pass catcher outta Oklahoma. Running backs are definitely downgraded as a rule, but truly transcendent talents are still recognized. And there was no deny that with AP. If not for his injury history I’d be surprised if he was drafted as low (#7) as he was.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kurt Warner was on KTAR earlier and he said he feels Fitz really doesn't know yet whether or not he's going to play or retire. He said "If he knew he was done and he was going to just retire...he'd have retired by now. That's as simple as making an announcement. He must be watching all of the team moves and continuing to see how he feels and if he's ready to give it another go." He said he may still retire, but this not knowing looks more like he is leaning toward returning, in his opinion. He said he has not spoken to Larry about this and has no inside info other than having been a professional player himself who had gone through making that tough decision on whether to play again or hang it up.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Larry does nothing, carries on training and keeping in shape, and then gets picked up by a contender late in the season when they lose a wide receiver.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
As I have stated, Larry holding out this long to then later say he is retiring before the season starts is diva all the way, but I will now give him the benefit of the doubt from the only impression I have of him as a fan from a far and that this is not the case because he's coming back. I highly doubt he has any intentions to switch uniforms and go to a 'contender' because if so he would done so already. I also do not buy the crap that Warner or Palmer have not talked to him about retiring and a myriad of other subjects because you know the old guard keeps in touch since they are part of a fraternity of their era. Fitz likely will come back, at a salary slightly above the vet minimum, will be content just to tribute in whatever fashion, pad his stats, and do so with a crowd in the stands for his last year with the Cards and a glimmer of a championship possible... as I will be so excited to see the start of a another legend named Rondale Moore :)

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Watching the NFL 100 All-Time Team right now and they had Larry on showing his high-lights from the SB season and I am just smiling from ear to ear with how awesome that was. It is now settled in my mind. Give that man whatever he wants and play him until he’s 60. Man, between my first son being born and the Super bowl and how awesome Fitz was, that was one of the best years ever. “It’s as if I’ve been dipped in magic waters”.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is now settled in my mind. Give that man whatever he wants and play him until he’s 60.

yea ummm no... it’s a nice memory and was fun sure and were all appreciative. But you don’t pay guys based on past performance. Especially when at the door of the scrap heap. Sentiment will get you nowhere.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
yea ummm no... it’s a nice memory and was fun sure and were all appreciative. But you don’t pay guys based on past performance. Especially when at the door of the scrap heap. Sentiment will get you nowhere.
I’m kidding, but man, just watching that gives me goosebumps and makes me appreciate him so much more.

I mean, the amount of money I’ve pissed away over the years to Directv to watch some of the worst football ever played.... I will always appreciate Fitz for giving me some excitement.

Plus, it’s so nice to have a player I can point to for my son to emulate as a human being.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I think we are going to hear something about Fitz and what he wants to do with his football career after the Suns season is over. I strongly believe he has more to do with that team and their success than just owning a share and catching a game.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If it's taking this long just to make an announcement my guess he is retiring....

Which is a good time imo cards can 100 percent focus on kirk moore who I'm most excited bout and course hop maybe sheug isabella.
.... wildcat maybe? Wr screen speed

Hope hear something soon

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
If it's taking this long just to make an announcement my guess he is retiring....

Which is a good time imo cards can 100 percent focus on kirk moore who I'm most excited bout and course hop maybe sheug isabella.
.... wildcat maybe? Wr screen speed

Hope hear something soon

I feel it’s just the opposite; I think if he was done he would have already said so. Im inclined to believe he comes back for 2021.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose