2021 1st round pick is Zaven Collins

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
To be fair, you said the same thing about Kevin Minter.
Kevin Minter's main issues were size and athleticism. Two things that Collins has no issues with. Minter was actually decent for a guy with his physical profile.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kevin Minter's main issues were size and athleticism. Two things that Collins has no issues with. Minter was actually decent for a guy with his physical profile.

what? This is just not the case. Minter was a below average starter at best. There was nothing decent about his play regardless of size.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
what? This is just not the case. Minter was a below average starter at best. There was nothing decent about his play regardless of size.
Decent, below average starter. Pretty close to the same thing in my book. Certainly didn't live up to his draft stock, but it's not like he was a bad or terrible player.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Decent, below average starter. Pretty close to the same thing in my book. Certainly didn't live up to his draft stock, but it's not like he was a bad or terrible player.

yeah he was. below average = bad. how below average can ever = decent is beyond strange.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
I’m expecting big things from Collins. Of course the last time I said that and got it right was about Boldin.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
that’s not an answer. Why was 49 the qualifying number? How many coverage snaps did he have?

I'm guessing 49 is the qualifying number because there was some random guy that only play 48 coverage snaps that graded higher.

I can't see how many he played as as he started for 3 season I'm guessing it's in the 100's.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'm guessing 49 is the qualifying number because there was some random guy that only play 48 coverage snaps that graded higher.

I can't see how many he played as as he started for 3 season I'm guessing it's in the 100's.
Well, the stat cited was only for one season, but you disputed something you had no information on aside from your assumption.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Yup. And he had 2 good seasons and completely washed out of the league. The debates over whether Daryl Washington was the defensive leader we needed seem pretty silly right now.
Not due to his football ability though. When he was actually eligible to be on the field he was a good player.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Not due to his football ability though. When he was actually eligible to be on the field he was a good player.

You really have to be human garbage to be that good and not have anyone even take a chance on you. As many here said, Kevin Minter has hung around the bottom rungs of NFL rosters for the past 4 seasons.

Washington was a one-dimensional rush inside linebacker, which isn't even really a position. Even in his exceptional 2012 season he was one of the worst coverage linebackers in the NFL.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose