2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some thought Deni Avdija would have been the Suns 2020 draft pick if he fell one more spot.

He had a solid rookie season.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some thought Deni Avdija would have been the Suns 2020 draft pick if he fell one more spot.

He had a solid rookie season.

That was really ugly and happened late in the game. They came running out and put a cover over his ankle because the foot was turned around.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was really ugly and happened late in the game. They came running out and put a cover over his ankle because the foot was turned around.

Good to know. A hairline ankle fracture paints a different picture.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to know. A hairline ankle fracture paints a different picture.

THe Warriors tv guys wouldn't even show the replay. they cut it before you could see the foot.

FYI it was end of the half not end of the game as I said earlier.

The picture you posted the guy is putting something over the foot to cover it

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Report John Wall be sidelined the remainder of the season.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of guys on this board were touting Haliburton, boy is he impressive. Watched most of the Kings and Warriors game last night. FOX didn't play so Haliburton was the PG, he's got a very old school game, push shot, but he's really good. Very impressed. I don't know if they can play him, Fox and Hield together Hield is too small to play the 3 and so is Haliburton but they're pretty nicely set with those 3.

They mentioned it during the game it sounds like the Kings are close to giving up on Bagley. he's missed just under half the games in his NBA career due to injury and there's a feeling in the organization they just don't want to keep waiting for him to stay healthy they may move on. They picked up the option on him before last season so this is the last on his rookie deal and apparently they're strongly considering moving on.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of guys on this board were touting Haliburton, boy is he impressive. Watched most of the Kings and Warriors game last night. FOX didn't play so Haliburton was the PG, he's got a very old school game, push shot, but he's really good. Very impressed. I don't know if they can play him, Fox and Hield together Hield is too small to play the 3 and so is Haliburton but they're pretty nicely set with those 3.

They mentioned it during the game it sounds like the Kings are close to giving up on Bagley. he's missed just under half the games in his NBA career due to injury and there's a feeling in the organization they just don't want to keep waiting for him to stay healthy they may move on. They picked up the option on him before last season so this is the last on his rookie deal and apparently they're strongly considering moving on.

Even if Bagley doesn't break out next year, I can see a lot of teams having interest in him as a free agent. He's got the tools to be a solid player, provided he can stay healthy. I think he needs a change of scenery though as the Kings have been super dysfunctional ever since he was drafted.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I can see a future starting back court of Fox and Haliburton for Kings.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Even if Bagley doesn't break out next year, I can see a lot of teams having interest in him as a free agent. He's got the tools to be a solid player, provided he can stay healthy. I think he needs a change of scenery though as the Kings have been super dysfunctional ever since he was drafted.

I don't know what Bagley is particularly good at. If he gets healthy IMO he is like a Morris brother... only without the techs but also without any defending. He may develop into a decent rotation player, if he can stay healthy, but I don't see any sign that he has star potential.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Devin Cannady apparently broke his leg contesting a fast break layup. Hope for a speedy recovery..

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know what Bagley is particularly good at. If he gets healthy IMO he is like a Morris brother... only without the techs but also without any defending. He may develop into a decent rotation player, if he can stay healthy, but I don't see any sign that he has star potential.

Yeah the offense was supposed to be good enough to offset his defense while he got better on defense, but the offense isn't as good as expected, and the defense is not much better than when he was a rookie.

I always assumed he was an AAU product player and would get better in the NBA with real coaching, maybe he needs to be on a team like the Spurs or the Raptors where the staff seems to develop players.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I kinda wonder what Monty could make of him. I have a hunch that Bagley will eventually be a good player. I know Russ mentioned the Spurs and Raptors as player development teams but Monty has also done a pretty good job of developing players, especially defensively. Even Frank is playing decent D.

I wonder what it would take to get him.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steph has made 30 of 65 shots this season over 30 feet deep. in the last 8 games he's 14-20 from beyond 30 including 4-4 in the Kings win.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I kinda wonder what Monty could make of him. I have a hunch that Bagley will eventually be a good player.
Steph has made 30 of 65 shots this season over 30 feet deep. in the last 8 games he's 14-20 from beyond 30 including 4-4 in the Kings win.
So which stat is more impressive? Stephs 30-65 from 30+ or CP3's 65 to 3 assist to TO run.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kinda wonder what Monty could make of him. I have a hunch that Bagley will eventually be a good player.

So which stat is more impressive? Stephs 30-65 from 30+ or CP3's 65 to 3 assist to TO run.

I don't watch enough Suns games to speculate but I doubt people are guarding CP3 the way they guard Curry.
CP3 has clearly had a huge impact on the Suns though you can argue he should be in the MVP discussion as should Booker

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Steph is shooting better from 30+ feet than any team in the league is shooting from regular 3pt range. Thats insane.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steph is shooting better from 30+ feet than any team in the league is shooting from regular 3pt range. Thats insane.

Yeah, teams are going to have to start forcing him to take layups or maybe triple teaming him before he gets the ball. <not serious>

If you have enough guards/wings to absorb the fouls, beating the hell out of him before he gets the ball or before he starts his shooting motion seems to be the way most teams defend him. He's added some muscle so that he can take more of a beating but it's still about the only way to wear him down.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Man those are two next level a. Omplishmwbts.