2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I thought the Sixers were going to do us a solid in beating a Kawhi-less Clippers team tonight, but George is beating again tonight and brought them back from 17 down to take the lead late in the fourth.

was really hoping the Sixers would give us a cushion loss as we go into that brutal 7 game stretch coming up.
Philly up 3 with 10 left... They might still do us that solid.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I thought the Sixers were going to do us a solid in beating a Kawhi-less Clippers team tonight, but George is beating again tonight and brought them back from 17 down to take the lead late in the fourth.

was really hoping the Sixers would give us a cushion loss as we go into that brutal 7 game stretch coming up.

Looks like they just pulled it off! 106-103 Sixers.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Philly up 3 with 10 left... They might still do us that solid.

thru pulled it off! Sweet. That puts us back up 4 games in the loss column over the Clips.

also, I think I heard Donovan Mitchell hurt his ankle tonight. X-rays were negative but doing an MRI which means they’re worried about possible ligament issue.

If he’s down for a while we might be able to catch that team or at least stay within striking distance depending on if we stumble a bit during that brutal seven game stretch coming up.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scoreboard watching... are we in bizarro world? Still hard to believe we are this good.

it’s awesome. It makes so many games interesting again. I had checked out of the NBA pretty much until the Finals for years. Forgot how much I missed it.

even started watching sports center again on occasion just to see highlights and hear them talk about us.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The game was on ESPN but I wouldn't allow myself to watch... jinx factor.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mostly want to get the 1st seed so we can avoid the Lakers in the first, and most likely the second round.

I think they will be he 6 or 7 seed.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mostly want to get the 1st seed so we can avoid the Lakers in the first, and most likely the second round.

I think they will be he 6 or 7 seed.
Getting the 1 seed would be big. I’m not scared of GS/Memphis or The Spurs pulling off a shocker. Blazers, I could see them getting really hot and their experience possibly getting the best of us. Luka pretty much won 2 games singlehandedly against the Clips last year and I’d hate to be his first put my entire team on my shoulders first round upset like a LeBron or Jordan pulled. And getting the Lakers with LeBron, with or without Davis is a big freaking NO for me.

out of those three though, if we had to play one it would probably be the Mavs. As great as Luka is, even with Porzingis healthy, the rest of that team is dog-ish.

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Getting the 1 seed would be big. I’m not scared of GS/Memphis or The Spurs pulling off a shocker. Blazers, I could see them getting really hot and their experience possibly getting the best of us. Luka pretty much won 2 games singlehandedly against the Clips last year and I’d hate to be his first put my entire team on my shoulders first round upset like a LeBron or Jordan pulled. And getting the Lakers with LeBron, with or without Davis is a big freaking NO for me.

out of those three though, if we had to play one it would probably be the Mavs. As great as Luka is, even with Porzingis healthy, the rest of that team is dog-ish.

i actually only fear 3 teams even a little currently, the Lakers, clips, and jazz. And I actually like our chances against the clips and jazz.

clips Lakers first round would be ideal.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i actually only fear 3 teams even a little currently, the Lakers, clips, and jazz. And I actually like our chances against the clips and jazz.

clips Lakers first round would be idea
l.

a man can dream. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Clips sandbagged down to 4 to avoid the Lakers if they were sitting at the 6 seed.

I don’t fear any of our first round matchups unless it’s the healthy Lakers. I was just musing about who I’d most want to play between the other rattling around down there.

I like our chances against everyone but the Clips/Lakers. Clips would all depend on how the series starts, IMO. I’d favor them a little simply because of experience but I could see us gutting out a series W. Utah doesn’t scare me at all.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Donovan Mitchell expected to miss several games but MRI revealed no structural damage.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Donovan Mitchell expected to miss several games but MRI revealed no structural damage.

Hopefully he can make a complete return and doesn't end up like Jamal Murray, returning from a minor injury and ending up doing real damage by over compensating in his return.

I know the path is easier for the Suns if the Jazz don't have Murray but I don't want to hear other fanbases downplaying the Suns accomplishments due to injuries elsewhere.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully he can make a complete return and doesn't end up like Jamal Murray, returning from a minor injury and ending up doing real damage by over compensating in his return.

I know the path is easier for the Suns if the Jazz don't have Murray but I don't want to hear other fanbases downplaying the Suns accomplishments due to injuries elsewhere.

I don't wish any player unwell.

For me it's more about the Suns reaching their destination rather than any caveats opposing fan bases may have. The Suns are going to have their hands full the final 16 games and opposing fans are not going to be cheering them on.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You mean Mitchell but yeah. Injuries are part of every season and if accomplishments are tainted because of them then 90% percent of nba champions are tainted.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Get well soon*

*just make sure it’s not until the Suns are fully entrenched into the first seed

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get well soon*

*just make sure it’s not until the Suns are fully entrenched into the first seed

That would be nice.

I was sort of hoping the Lakers might help us out but that does not appear as likely with Lebron and Davis still out.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay so if every one here gets to pick one playoff opponent, I think I'm going for Milwaukee.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers have totally blown this game against Utah. They were up 12 going into the fourth and are now down 2 with two minutes.